PDA

View Full Version : Cereal, just for kids?

White Haru
11-05-2004, 11:51 PM
This is a question of pure curiosity and nobody will or should be judged. I seldom eat cereal, the only reason being is that sometimes I'm to lazy to cook brealfast. Mostly cereal commericals are aimed to young ages and there are cereal ads. for healthy brands (aimed towards an older age). Do you eat cereal or is just like the Trix kids say "Silly Rabbit Trix are for kids!"? Thank you for your time. Good night and god bless (or whatever you believe in).

Frozen Tears
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Hmm yes Even tho this Post Makes no since I eat cereal all types well only sugar branded but hey

Kisho
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
I eat whatever cereal i dang want. If it tastes good. Then im going to eat it =P. Those are my thoughts.

Gjallarhorn
11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
i dont like cereal, but considering my time restraints in the morning, i eat it anyway......

Suzuna
11-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Cereal is for everyone. Even the Trix rabbit! Damn kids, I can't stand them.

aiko_chan
11-06-2004, 12:11 AM
hmmmm...I like cereal, but in many ways, I'm still a kid...but I'm not in gradeschool anymore, so it's not like the "silly rabbit, Trix are for kids," type thing...and I think that I shall still like cereal when I'm an adult.

Alyssa
11-06-2004, 12:28 AM
I love eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch. We have it over on our table right now. Hm... it tastes great ^_^

Metaldork
11-06-2004, 01:07 AM
I like eating French Toast Crunch, it's awsome but it's soo hard to find anymore.:mad:

skyler22
11-06-2004, 01:15 AM
depends on my mood sometimes for no reason i feal like im going to be sick if i eat something sweet so it just depends on the cerial stuff

Fabala
11-06-2004, 01:19 AM
I love-love cereal ^^; Just not the sugary kinds... Never have, actually. The blander the better, usually. Whole grains? Yay! Rice? More yay!

Milly
11-06-2004, 01:24 AM
yes trix are for kids and i'm one of those kids. ( i hope this thing don't get closed cuz of me, like always XD)

Kitsune-Hanyou
11-06-2004, 01:36 AM
Cereal is for everyone. not just kids. And i like all kinds of cereal :)

Annik
11-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Kix.

KIX!!!

Generally, I don't like cereal, but I adore Kix, Chex, and Rice Krispies. Snap! Crackle! Pop?

TerraN EmpirE
11-06-2004, 04:58 AM
frosted flacks honey, nut cheerio and Checks are what i will go for when i am not in the mood for pop tarts or a bagel

[BlackDeath]
11-06-2004, 07:39 AM
I eat cereals al the time, morning, afternoon, evening, i love my lddle choco hoops, plus i like it better than most stuff we have, except from the alcohol

JiruCloud
11-06-2004, 09:10 AM
I dont eat much of it because Im allergic to wheat and milk... but when I do its usually Rice Krispies w/ soy milk! I also like those instant breakfast things... lol. CHOCOLATE!!!!
Why couldnt they just give the bunny his flippin trix?

Deathscythe
11-06-2004, 09:20 AM
well depending on what we have will determine what it is i eat.. if we have honey nut cornflakes or crunchy nut or whatever id eat cereal if we have ham and coleslaw id probably make a ham and coleslaw sandwhich and a glass of milk heh! O_O all works out for me

Eris
11-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Cereal contains soo much sugar. Makes you fat (we don't want that, do we?)

Rainb0w
11-06-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm prone to a bowl of Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes.

Kilawher Shazarade
11-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Hm, Magna Graves, this post makes perfect sense.. maybe you're the one that has trouble making sense of things..? =P

I like cereal.. as long as it's not extremely fattening.. but, sometimes I just can't resist a bowl of Honeycomb, though lately I have been having Kix.. just because it's one of my favorites. xD

Leo Seta
11-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh yeah, crunchy nut cornflakes... could eat the stuff till I exploded. Who cares if cereal is for kids... I LOVE IT!

MistressPookyChan
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
i LOVE cereal. I eat it all time time because I'm sometimes just too lazy to cool. I'm a fan of Capt Crunch (which they dont have here! grr) and frosted flakes. I also love granola.

Milly
11-06-2004, 12:50 PM
i love sugary brands of cereal and nature grain cereal too. It's just so darn tasty! ;)

Frozen Tears
11-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Haha Darn that silly silly Rabbit....Trix Are For Kids!!!
The Reason U havent Had Any is Because Your a GROWN MAN...
silly silly...mmm rabbit...(licks lips)

shi_amai
11-06-2004, 01:10 PM
I think that the reason they mostly aim the commercial towards kids is though yes, many adults eat cereal, most don't eat anything too high in sugar or fat since they have to worry more about their weight and they may have more health problems. There's nothing wrong with you eating any kid of cereal, though.

Yeah, I just had cereal. Cinnamon toast crunch. About the only kind I'll eat. =3

Alyssa
11-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Well I am currently eating more Cinnamon Toast Crunch I got off Avondale this morning. Had to walk out of the house for 5 minutes and come back. I love this kind of stuff! - I'll eat it almost every day lol. Which comes to speaking, is this stuff really good for you? Jassie said just eat it while you are still young - that way you won't have to regret your entire life over eating all the sweet stuff around here lol.

[BlackDeath]
11-08-2004, 08:12 AM
well depending on what we have will determine what it is i eat.. if we have honey nut cornflakes or crunchy nut or whatever id eat cereal if we have ham and coleslaw id probably make a ham and coleslaw sandwhich and a glass of milk heh! O_O all works out for me
What a negelected child you are, poor baby - have a cookie

<hands DS a cookie>

Have another one

<throws a cookies at DS>

xD

homeless_with_no_PC
11-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Like those "healthy" sugar-coated cereals with 30000000000 millions of kcal per serving? no, I don't eat them usually, I don't want to be a 200kg greasy whale. That's not really nice.

I usually eat cereals (they are the base of a healthy diet) that are not so toxic: bran, linaza, trigo (I don't know the name in English), Rye... etc etc etc

Alyssa
11-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Well doesn't that sound nice - I will still go for Cinnamon Toast Crunch nonetheless ***engulfs it down like a mad wolf***

And no, they don't serve up 3 gillion-billion-gagillion whatever calories, I think you are overexaggering as usual - lol.

You drink pop everyday? If you do, I don't think you are any different from what you had said before about eating sugary cereal and this and that - and the picture about the greasy whale thingy, not nice indeed lol <but I can picture it in my head O.o>. If you do live a healthy lifestyle though - good for you!

People can gain weight over the smallest of things without even noticing, so you just better be aware...

Master_Will
11-18-2004, 11:33 AM
My favorite cerial of all time is Fruity Pebles, they ROCK!!!!!
I had some this morning :happy:

homeless_with_no_PC
11-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Well doesn't that sound nice - I will still go for Cinnamon Toast Crunch nonetheless ***engulfs it down like a mad wolf***

And no, they don't serve up 3 gillion-billion-gagillion whatever calories, I think you are overexaggering as usual - lol.

You drink pop everyday? If you do, I don't think you are any different from what you had said before about eating sugary cereal and this and that - and the picture about the greasy whale thingy, not nice indeed lol <but I can picture it in my head O.o>. If you do live a healthy lifestyle though - good for you!

People can gain weight over the smallest of things without even noticing, so you just better be aware...

Hehe... I just used a little hiperbole there... I think it's a very nice literary figure, that's why I use it so much, it's effective to make your point clear.

No, I don't drink pop everyday.

About the greasy whale... maybe it's not nice, but sometimes reality isn't nice either. And again, it's a little lovely hiperbole.

Yeah, good for me.

I'm aware, thank you.

Alyssa
11-18-2004, 12:08 PM
That's very good. I'm glad to hear about it.

And in any case, I use the same responsive "hyperbole" method you do as well, sometimes while I am in the middle of posting. Go figure, we think alike, lol.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch will still be my fav. no matter what. And you can't change the way I think - hehe... **gulfs some more down**

homeless_with_no_PC
11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Ooops, look at that! I misspelled the word Hyperbole (my first language isn't English, so excuse me).

I think you used Sarcasm, not hyperbole.

My objective was not, is not, and will not be to change the way you think and/or behave.

"Eat and be merry, for tomorrow you may be dead" (I don't know who I am quoting)

Zackiroth
11-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Cereal is for life... Not just for breakfast... and childhood.
I mean, i'll be eating cereal to the day I die.
And what are Trix? I don't know because I live in the UK... And we don't even have Lucky Charms anymore...

ShadowBlade
11-20-2004, 06:08 PM
crunchatize me cap'n hell ya i eat cereal its teh shiznit:cool:

my_life_sucks
11-20-2004, 06:47 PM
I live off cereal, that's like all I eat in the morning afternoon and night, every single day. I can't eat the ones that are suppose to be healthy for you it's just to plain, though I do eat plain chex and corn flakes with chocolate powder in them, the only kind of healthy cereal I eat without changing it would have to be the kind with banana nut bread because that's good. I don't have any specific cereals that I like, just the kind that are sweet. I eat any kind of cereal that we have at the moment.

Shadowstarr
11-20-2004, 07:58 PM
i usually eat cereal if i have enough time in the morning. cause i usually get up late and manage 2 get 2 skewl on time.
if i don't eat cereal in the morning then i eat it at night and so on
i like frosted flakes... cereal is good and healthy ^^

Momijilol
11-20-2004, 08:58 PM
My DAD and I LOVE cereal, we eat it every day except for Sunday when my grandpa's home, then we have pancakes!

Havana
11-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Fruitloops any one?..i love them!..and corn pops.

Metaldork
11-20-2004, 11:49 PM
I don't like fruitloops, gimme corn pops!

SaceGolem2
11-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Like those "healthy" sugar-coated cereals with 30000000000 millions of kcal per serving? no, I don't eat them usually, I don't want to be a 200kg greasy whale. That's not really nice.

I usually eat cereals (they are the base of a healthy diet) that are not so toxic: bran, linaza, trigo (I don't know the name in English), Rye... etc etc etcYeah only if you have a non-existant metabolism. If that were the case i'd be a whale by now. Hell sometimes I've eaten two bowls a day.

In any case, Cereal is great and it doesn't take that long to make and it fills you up like a meal. I try to eat cereal every day, or when i have time for it.

souichi tsujii
11-21-2004, 10:20 AM
This french toast cereal...it has a name...but I can't remember. Last time I went to the store, they didn't have any! Gah, I was sad! That cereal was so good!

RIP French toast cereal!

Metaldork
11-21-2004, 07:47 PM
I heard they stopped making French Toast Crunch. "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Daenerys
11-21-2004, 07:53 PM
It sucked anyway. Not much of loss.

souichi tsujii
11-21-2004, 08:00 PM
It sucked anyway. Not much of loss.

*shakes fist*

That cereal was so good! *weeps*

Knightmare686
11-21-2004, 08:33 PM
i still do. i eat honeycombs. i dont care it get and i dont have enough time to cook any thing in the morning before school.

animerocks!
11-21-2004, 10:15 PM
I love munching down on some Reese's puffs in the morning! ^^

Fabala
11-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Mmmm...I wish we had Honey Bunches of Oats ^^ The sweetest cereal I eat.

Daenerys
11-23-2004, 01:04 AM
I love that! And pour real honey on it... Yuuum.

Kittie Pryde
11-23-2004, 01:08 AM
pffft! :p of course it's NOT -JUST- for kids, but then again, we're all kids at heart!

i eat cereal. yup. it's all about the Cookie Crisps baby! :ninja: :badrazz: :laugh:

WarGoddess_Nova
11-23-2004, 01:12 AM
I love Ricecrispys. yum. but I don't eat them for breakfast. I don't have time. They make a wonderful lunch though. YUMMMY:p

Kittie Pryde
11-23-2004, 01:15 AM
I love Ricecrispys. yum. but I don't eat them for breakfast. I don't have time. They make a wonderful lunch though. YUMMMY:p
rice krispies bars are the best!! especially the chocolate ones! =d YUM! i've tried them as cereals..:( they weren't that good.

Sankah
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
omg and what, i just love cereal! they just love cereal! we all love cereal~!

freya_dark_chii
06-05-2005, 04:46 PM
cereal r okay... im still a kid, but ive never ate de trix cereal b4(i only heard of it not ate it)

/Aifa|
06-05-2005, 07:50 PM
No way cereal is just for kids. Cereal rules. I eat it all the time despite being a health freak. Im 17, 18 in july.

Renaki
06-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Cereal is free for all! Unless it captain crunch berrys, then its only for me.

/Aifa|
06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Never! Theyre mine i tell ya! Mine!! ...actually, ive never had them before... we dont get that type in AUstralia =\

Sankah
06-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Uh... i just dont get any type of those here, spanish cereals are so~ we~ird... But they're still good =] anyways, im still a child as well.. but i think ill still eat em~!

Faroelove
06-06-2005, 09:55 AM
MMM... I really like Rice Crispy treats cerial. YUM!

Sevavii
06-06-2005, 09:55 AM
To the best of my recollection Kelloggs "invented" cereals to give kids energy in the morning so as they wouldn't stay in bed and play with themselfs.

Ωmega
06-06-2005, 09:56 AM
apple jacks,honey bunches of o's,golden grahms and frosted flakes

Myste Silver
06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Cereal is for everyone.It simply has cartoon mascots for the children who are picky with foods.Seeing a cartoon character may help them relate and they feel safer eating them then the "adult cereals."I dunno.A strange answer for a strange topic.;P

-Naota-
06-07-2005, 07:15 AM
cereal ain just for kids
lol i like cereal
mmmmmmmm my favrite one is cinamon toast crunch cuz its cinamony and crunchy
the taste u can see

Hungry man
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I love cereal because it is the fastest and easiest way to get something to eat, trust me people I would know. All u need is cereal, milk, spoon, and a bowl easy, right.
And it is not only for kids, its for everybody.

Mugetsu
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Cereal is great once in a while. But I wouldn't want to eat it every day.

Devilstears
06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah I like cereal now and then. Its for kids and adults.

meatwod3
06-07-2005, 10:39 PM
frosted weats is the best

Negi
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
NO! Why would i eat Cereal? That would make me a cereal killer!

Soory I had to say it XD But ya i eat ceraeal and i just happen to be a teen! So for both kids and Adults.

Kurai Ha
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
cereal's for any who wants it, but I don't eat breakfast most the time. but you can't say it's free for all, somebody has to pay for it. I myself like honey comb.

Scion
06-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Silly rabits... cereal is for everyone.*hands bowls to everyone* Most cereal aim for youngins because they like it more than most adults. Thats why they have some green dude and a rabit on their cereal.

Momijilol
06-08-2005, 04:15 PM
cereal is soooo for everyone!!!!!! my DAD eats cereal!!!!!! and he eats cereal like allllll the time!!!!!!*hands dad some cereal* see?????? he's eating the cereal!!!!!! lol and . . . ummm . . . I guess that's all folks!!!!!! (a quote from Porky Pig, and it may not be the last time I post here either!!!!!)

Amix
08-11-2005, 08:53 AM
I think cereal is for everybody, I'm eating ceral right now as a matter of fact..But I just eat cereal if I like it, my parents don't trust me with the stove, they think I might leave it on or something ._.

cowboydemon666
08-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I eat cereal like crazy because usually I have nothing better to eat in my house :P I'm not a kid. Well, I mean, I'm not in elementary school, but I still sorta act like a child... heh. My favorties are Pops, Oh's, Lucky Charms (mmmm... artificial marshmellows), Golden Grahms, Reeses Puffs, and Cap'n Crunch. I like the sugary kinds. More sugar the better..... yuuuuuummmmm...

Fabala
08-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Certainly not just for kids ;p I'm addicted to it!

In my house we never got into the habit of sugary cereals, or adding sugar to non-sugary cereals, so I never acquired a taste for them. I mean, my favorites are things like Cheerios, corn flakes, rice crispies, corn chex, puffed rice/wheat, and so on. Of course, too much of anything is not good for you, but these cereals are perfectly healthy. And their commercials are very often aimed at adults (in fact, Cheerios commercials are aimed at adults more than kids ;p).

Heck, with the right selection, and maybe some fruit on the side, I think cereal is something adults SHOULD be eating. I never want to become the crazed skip-breakfast-or-grab-a-doughnut-and-drink-a-gallon-of-coffee-to-wake-up adult. Never never. Give me my grain-filled cereal and OJ any day.

.Lovebeat
08-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Cereals is for everyone!! (And for everyone that likes a lot of sugar :<_<: )
I like cereals, but don't eat is as breakfast, it's bores me after a while...if you get what I mean ;)

white_lotus27
08-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Cereals isn't just for kids, alot of adults eat it too.
I don't eat that much cereals, only once in a while, 'cuz it kind of make me get tired of eating it.
But I like some types of cereal like Rice Krispys, Fruity Peebles, and Frosted Flakes.
Speaking of cereals, I forgot when was the last time that I've eaten it. ^ ^

Marie2007
08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
me and my parents love it

Mayonnaise
08-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Cereal is not just for kids.

If you see on the commercials, most ADULTS are in it eating cereal.
Sometimes, kids are in it, too.
But that depends what cereal they're advertising.

So anyone can eat cereal.

Krsnik
08-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Rasin Bran is awesome. So is Honey bunches of oats. When you're a kid, you eat it 'cause it's tasty, and you know, it's sugary. When you're an adult and you've forgotten a lot about your childhood, you proceed to eat cereal because it's still tasty, it's still sugary, but this time it brings back those warm feelings of love and hatred from your childhood. Taste the fruity pebbles.

teed
08-11-2005, 06:03 PM
i love 2 eat cereal!! and its not 4 kidz!!

angela_sahar
08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
i eat cereal everyday for breakfast!!

The Governator
08-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Cereals are for every one, only really sad people would take the mik out of you just for eating cereal

Knife_Messiah
08-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Cereal is like a snack....replaces chips.

M.Y.
08-20-2005, 12:19 AM
I love cereal. From the time I was a little kid tell this present day I have and will always eat cheerio's & honey nut cheerio's. there are others but these are my favorites.

Cereal is not just for kids. My parents and a specially my grandparents on both sides of the family they too eat cereal.
So, I really dont think cereal is just for kids.

BurningBlazeX
08-20-2005, 12:30 AM
i agree...ceareal is a healthier substitute for chips and i love it!