PDA

View Full Version : angelic layer?

wolfwoman
11-04-2004, 09:16 PM
its interesting, but i cant find it!
anyone know about it and where i can find it?
:( :help2: :(

Kisho
11-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Well If you order www.theanimenetwork.com

It comes on occasionally. Other than that i dunno.

_CTA_
11-08-2004, 11:38 AM
angelic layer rox!!!!!

Master_Will
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
sombody explain what angelic layer is, i wanna know

_CTA_
11-08-2004, 12:36 PM
its 'bout a girl she is in junior high school. when she came to tokyo, she saw a white angel fighting. she doesn't know her mom owned that angel

~Syao-Chen~
11-08-2004, 05:51 PM
angelic layer is a really good anime
they had lots cute characters in it.

it was fun to read it!!:p

Dark_Misery
11-08-2004, 10:58 PM
I think it's weird..

_CTA_
11-10-2004, 09:53 AM
dark, its no weird

[Let's keep in mind that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Thank you.]

Shinigami Ichigo
11-10-2004, 10:44 AM
It is certainly different. The characters are quite cute, as expected of CLAMP. Don't know too much about it since I only saw 1 episode, but I would like to see the rest very much.

_CTA_
11-10-2004, 11:18 AM
clamp did rock animes & mangas

Shinigami Ichigo
11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
From what I have seen, I totally agree, so that is how I know Angelic Layer will be good.

Vetus
11-10-2004, 08:42 PM
I think it's weird..
Man, you said the same thing to my thread about Angelic Layer at "General Anime", but you didn't explain me why do you think it's weird.

It's the best "duel" anime I have ever seen. For one more time, Clamp made another wonderful project. GO, GO, MISAKI!!!

-Mushrambo-
11-10-2004, 09:44 PM
MISAKI-CHII MISAKI-CHII MISAKI-CHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ Angelic Layer is the absolute bestest of its time and kind.

SGI
11-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I always thought the chant was mi-mi-misaki misaki-chiii!

And the Kindergarten Kids Misaki Fanclub was mi-mi-misaki ganbare ganbare Hikaru.

And as for what its about
Misaki is moving to Tokyo to live with her arent Shouko. At the train station she get's lost and witnisess a battle between a white and black angel. Seeing the smaller white angel win, she wishes she could be just like the white angel, being that she is short herself. She then realises that it's a combat game played with dolls.

She comes home with a set to start up Angelic Layer, and her aunt seems worried about it, since Misaki's astranged mother is somehow connected to Angelic Layer. But Misaki begins to take part in the official tournament.

What sets Angelic Layer apart from other "tournament with toys" anime is one simple thing. It's sould purpose is not to sell merchandising, it's all about the story. The plot is interesting, the action scenes are incredible, and the characters are well developed and likeable.

I wholeheartedly reccomend Angelic Layer for anyone (and this comes from somebody who thinks CLAMP is terribly overrated).

-Mushrambo-
11-11-2004, 07:06 AM
I only get to watch like 1-2 eps every two wks bc thats how my anime channel has it set, but I've seen like 15- 20 eps from the begining, never missing an ep. I'm up to the final battle where she gets to face her mom ^^ BUT NO SPOILER! no no no no no, i wanna watch what happens, if they'll battle or not now that she knows her mom.

Vetus
11-11-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm up to the final battle where she gets to face her mom ^^ BUT NO SPOILER! no no no no no, i wanna watch what happens, if they'll battle or not now that she knows her mom.
When you see the last episode, I want hearing your opinion for the ending; personally, it's one of the best endings I have ever seen in anime.:D

-Mushrambo-
11-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Lol, I'll check later and see if that today's episdoe ^^

retro
11-11-2004, 12:01 PM
I <3 Angelic Layer, I even have a couple of the action figures. And I do like the ending, infact all the episodes are good & help to move the anime along not stalling it up ^_^

-Mushrambo-
11-11-2004, 01:42 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just watched episode 25 "Angels Wet With Tears" And it was Outstanding!!!!
That was the most emotions I have seen EVER in any Anime espisode and that was only the First half!!
I LOVED IT!!! ^^ It was amazing, I cried the whole episode!!! Lol
I'm still tearing and sniffling from it, It was just sooo touching!!

http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/smash.gif http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/groupwave.gifhttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/bounce.gifhttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/dancing.gifhttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/rant.gifhttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/lol2.gif

_CTA_
11-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Go Hikaru&misaki-chi!!!

-Mushrambo-
11-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Lol. I think Misaki & Ojiro make such a kawaii pair ^^

~Syao-Chen~
11-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Oh yeah!!
I have something important about angelic layer to tell you-all
I just find out yesterday that the manga and anime tells two kind of ending!!
It was very ineresting!!;)

retro
11-11-2004, 04:14 PM
True, lets just say the relationships between certain characters isn't the same as Manga to Anime. But then again they don't always follow it word for word, chapter to chapter.

-Mushrambo-
11-11-2004, 04:17 PM
No, they don't but its still fun to read the manga and watch the anime ^^

retro
11-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Agreed, thats why I own them both :P ^_^

-Mushrambo-
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
^^ I need to find the manga, though i havent really looked.

retro
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Its only 5 volumes, worth the buy... go look .. NOW!!!!! lol j/k

-Mushrambo-
11-12-2004, 03:11 AM
Lol, ^^ the Atheana angel is soo pretty ^^ and I love the wings, lol

~Syao-Chen~
11-12-2004, 10:15 AM
you know what in the anime
at the last part Hikaru got her wing too!!
it was so beautiful!!:p
also she became the champion of angelic layer!!:cool:

[Looks like a spoiler to me ;p Let's remember we have spoiler tags for that.]

Shinigami Ichigo
11-12-2004, 10:38 AM
So the series has a logical conclusion? Lead character becomes champion?

Vetus
11-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Yay! We have a great Angelic Layer fanclub here!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched episode 25 "Angels Wet With Tears" And it was Outstanding!!!!

That was the most emotions I have seen EVER in any Anime espisode and that was only the First half!!

I LOVED IT!!! ^^ It was amazing, I cried the whole episode!!! Lol

I'm still tearing and sniffling from it, It was just sooo touching!!Tee hee! See what I meant? Indeed, this is one of the most touching scenes I've ever seen in anime. If I was so sensitive, I would have cried, too.

Btw, "Ame Agari" (2nd ending) is the most touching anime theme I have ever listened after "Gravity" (Wolf's Rain ending).

Oh yeah!!

I have something important about angelic layer to tell you-all

I just find out yesterday that the manga and anime tells two kind of ending!!

It was very ineresting!!Supeeeeeeerb!! And I'm going to buy the whole manga series. Thanks for this great information!

Lol, ^^ the Atheana angel is soo pretty ^^ and I love the wings, lolYeah! Atheana is incredibly beautiful!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Vetus/Icchanwiggling.jpg
I said Atheana, not Icchan with Atheana suit!!!

Innotech
11-12-2004, 11:10 PM
I picked up this full 7 part series for good reason, now you guys know why :)
Its one of my least regretted purchases. Very much worth every cent. I love the veryp ositive attitude and determination this show portrays. It makes it very acceptable in practically any household.

Rena6793
11-17-2004, 08:30 AM
I've never seen it before, but from what i've heard, it's good.

angel_wing
11-18-2004, 05:49 AM
I dunno what it is either....

Rena6793
11-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Its not something im dying to see, but i wanna see it.

Chibi Misao
11-19-2004, 11:20 AM
This anime is quite interesting.I like Oujiro the best.He's so cute, and he has a very nice angel-doll.[my currant avatar]

Innotech
11-19-2004, 09:54 PM
This anime is quite interesting.I like Oujiro the best.He's so cute, and he has a very nice angel-doll.[my currant avatar]and I have Oujiro himself, as my avatar.

BlackFrost
11-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Oujiro's cool! :3 I like him better when he's in the manga though...don't know why.

Rena6793
11-26-2004, 01:42 PM
what would u rate it?

Innotech
11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
what would u rate it?
I honestly rate Angelic Layer a 9.2/10
It loses a few tenths for not being that original, and it is still geared to a younger audience, but I cant rate it lower than a 9. Its just too great of a show.

Rena6793
11-26-2004, 09:21 PM
I take it its good.

Innotech
11-26-2004, 10:49 PM
I take it its good.
that is correct. It is a very cute, fun and good quality show. IT is very optimistic, and Misaki is a very good role model type, because she shows that even the smallest person can be great if they work at it. a good little lesson for young-uns who might be concerned about their tiny size.

.com person
11-27-2004, 05:32 AM
This always gets depressing and old but I haven't seen this series. But look at the avatar nuff said.

Rena6793
11-27-2004, 08:30 AM
So...then young-ens like the show, right?That watcha sayin'?

Innotech
11-27-2004, 05:21 PM
So...then young-ens like the show, right?That watcha sayin'? What Im saying is anyone from young to old will enjoy Angelic LAyer, because it is a very good show. It is entertaining for all ages, with bright colorful characters and interesting battles for the younger people, and with a sufficiently dramatic and surprisingly emotional plot and some character development to appease older fans. The whole angelic Layer game has a purpose, but I wont spoil it of course.

Since a lot of people dont seem to know what its about, Angelic LAyer looks at first like another Dragon Drive or Pokemon-like tournament battle anime for kids, but thats where youd be wrong.
It does have that tournament episodic feel, but the characters in the show do have some depth. Not as much as strictly older demographic shows of course, but sufficient for this type of show. There is a surprising amount of plot and the designs for the angels are really interesting, as well the entire concept of angelic Layer is awesome- Players, known as Deuses, control the little angelic lqayer battle dolls using thoughts transmitted into a little headgear device, which in turn makes the angels move and fight. A lot of strategy is shown in the battles, and not always easy to predict. THe animation is really good quality, much better than Pokemon for example, and the characters are cute as in typical CLAMP fashion.

BAsically, what the show is about, is this young girl named Misaki Suzuhara has not known her mother for a long time, so she goes under the care of her Aunt Shoko in Tokyo (I believe). There, she is at first all alone and thinks she wont ever fit in, but she sees a giant videoscreen with what appears to be a majestic white angel figure with enormous wings fighting another figure in some sort of battle. This of course piques her interest and thats when Icchan shows up. Icchan is this crazy guy whose true purpose I will not spoil for you, but he tells Misaki that the screen was a game called Angelic Layer, and he gets her started in the game. She buys a Angelic Layer set, names her doll Hikaru and goes into various battles, learning important lessons about competition along the way as well as making quite a few friends (and some fierce rivals). Every episode is extremely optimistic and you come to really feel sympathetic towards little Misaki, who just never gives up. She always tries to be happy, but sometimes even she cant fight back the tears. Again, to be an evil bastard I wont tell you why she gets depressed, and its not because she loses games. Anyway, I hope Ive piqued your interest, because there is so much I am holding back its not funny. But I want people to discover and appreciate this show as a very good anime and not just some kids throwaway show. It is certainly much more than that. Very recommended to practically anyone who can tolerate a cute show.

retro
11-27-2004, 05:45 PM
well put, over the top in a sense... ^_^"

Rena6793
11-27-2004, 06:38 PM
o.o...so what ur saying is, baisicly almost everyone who has seen it likes it?

Innotech
11-27-2004, 07:24 PM
o.o...so what ur saying is, baisicly almost everyone who has seen it likes it?
I wouldnt have any way of concluding such a general statement as that, but I do think most people wouldl ike angelic Layer.

_CTA_
11-30-2004, 10:29 AM
oMg!!! i got the manga!! vol 4+5!! in the ending, misaki is in 2nd grade junior high school, Oujiro will be Tamayo's bf and Koutaoru will be misaki's

retro
11-30-2004, 10:57 AM
nice spoilers o_O ... even tho I already knew them ^_^"

I like the Anime ending better than the Manga ending.

_CTA_
11-30-2004, 12:12 PM
u hurt my feeling

Innotech
11-30-2004, 01:12 PM
well I know how the anime ends, can someone PM me and tell me how the manga ends? I dont read manga, so its ok. I just want to know.

Rena6793
11-30-2004, 03:06 PM
I wouldnt have any way of concluding such a general statement as that, but I do think most people wouldl ike angelic Layer. ok.tank you.

hina2021
11-30-2004, 03:20 PM
its interesting, but i cant find it!
anyone know about it and where i can find it?
:( :help2: :(um actauly...its not called angelic layer....its called angelic Slayer

Rena6793
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
really?the gallerie says Layer.

Yuki_89
12-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Well, the anime rocks! This anime is well-suited for females, mainly. But, CLAMP did the best job in their anime career. :) CLAMP is the best anime creators! Banzai CLAMP~ Who would've expected that Oujirou chose Misaki-chii?!!!

Rena6793
12-10-2004, 03:58 PM
wow! those are awsome!u do 'em?

Yuki_89
12-18-2004, 08:26 AM
own what? angelic layer?

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/aaaaaah!!!.jpg

Innotech
12-20-2004, 01:04 PM
um actauly...its not called angelic layer....its called angelic Slayer
I bet you a very large sum of money that its Angelic LAYER. Care to wager?

Yuki_89
12-21-2004, 01:09 AM
A-angelic S-slayer? Oh dear! That's kinda wrong, Hina2021. It's Angelic Layer, :laugh: Or probably there's such thing as Angelic Slayer from some other creator besides CLAMP, I guess~, lolx....

Sukavara
12-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Madman sell Angelic layer wolfwoman - if there is an EB shop near you then they should sell or u can order.
I have the manga but not the anime, need major money *waahhh*. the art in the manga is a little strange well mainly when they are far away, is it like that in the anime, i cant imagine it would be but i thought i should ask.

MiSaKi_ChAn
03-17-2005, 10:06 PM
OMG!!!!!! i never knew so many ppl knew abt Angelic Layer!!!!!! i love Angelic Layer from the first time i watched it.

Yuki_89
03-18-2005, 02:51 AM
I love angelic layer and i watched the whole thing. it's a nice anime but then... i hate the part where oujirou told misaki that he likes her man, isn't this sadf or all oujirou lovers, like me???

[Please use Spoiler tags]

kitsuna
03-27-2005, 11:53 AM
i wish angelic layer was real

~Kitsuna~

Sakura-.-Kinomoto
03-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I remember being hooked on Angelic Layer when I bought the first dvd when it came out. I even got a T-shirt from ADV.

I personally thought that most of battles were beautiful and unique since every Angel had its own fighting style. I even cried through some of them. http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/redface.gif Its an anime that I'd recommend everyone to see.

animeadmirer
03-29-2005, 07:49 PM
To be honest. It was one of the first anime I ever started to download from the internet along with Inuyasha, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing, and Dragonball Z. Misaki Suzuhara was the first anime character I actually admired as a person. Her inner strength was moving despite that she looks like a delicate and fragile teacup. Angelic Layer is a anime geared towards a wide range of audience. I liked it.

Angelic_doll_Hikaru
10-20-2005, 05:52 AM
luv al

Angelic_doll_Hikaru
10-20-2005, 05:54 AM
im hikaru...

Angelic_doll_Hikaru
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
go hikaru chan!!! i soo like her and suzuka and blancheur and wizard and shirahime and.......aaaaahhhh!!! all of them!!!! aaahhh!!!
:awe:

飛竜
10-21-2005, 01:21 AM
I like that anime series. My favorite is the mother of Misaki. She is too hot for me! :cool:

Missy
10-27-2005, 02:16 AM
I have a few manga books but haven't gotten around to reading them. I admire all of CLAMPs works. I watched the first 3 episodes on Anime Network. Very interesting, but I'm not that big into time travel or space mixed with magic and what-nots.

DeneToven
10-29-2005, 01:31 PM
They aren't playing showing Angelic Layer on Anime Network anymore unfortunately. However, Angelic Layer, to me is similar to Cardcaptor Sakura, so you might be interested in that while waiting to watch Angelic Layer.

Seiya Kou
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
The manga was adorable, but I haven't seen the anime, sadly...