PDA

View Full Version : Kerry has Conceded

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Bush has won the 2004 presidential election. ^_^

The Goddess has Spoken

Alyssa
11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks Princess Minako - guess they stuck with Bush again. Another 4 years of bad luck... I mean erm... I mean... ahh poor Kerry...

Zedekiah
11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
A Woo.. A Yay...

Hitler's Reborn today!

WEEEEEEEE!

*does cheerleader jump*

Alyssa
11-03-2004, 11:38 AM
A Woo.. A Yay...

Hitler's Reborn today!

WEEEEEEEE!

*does cheerleader jump*LMAO - would I vote for Hitler? :<_<: Guess I like running for an anti-jewish campaign.

red storm
11-03-2004, 11:38 AM
*agrees with noki and joins the dance*

Tenchi Masaki
11-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Hmmmm, I suppose my vote didn't matter (jk)

Stupid electoral votes....

Annik
11-03-2004, 11:40 AM
OMfG.

Oh well.

Didn't really matter either way. -_-

Nullpunkt
11-03-2004, 11:43 AM
*cries* I wanted Nader to win...

Frozen Tears
11-03-2004, 11:44 AM
whelp Guess I voted for no reason....

Alyssa
11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Bah, Independence.. lmao.

Since I was not a democratic, nor a republican, I wouldn't have voted for either. What was the margin of victory? - I heard Bush was leading 269 seats to 211 or something to that in effect. <not an American here>

ryu-otaku
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Hitler are you a Nazi you...you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Nullpunkt
11-03-2004, 11:47 AM
don't know, don't care...

Nader = coolness

Tenchi Masaki
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I have a feeling P.Diddy is going to kill the rest of the people who didn't vote.

sidenote: That South Park episode on Voting was freakin hilarious and shockingly accurate...sort of.

Alyssa
11-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Politicians = Hatred!
Bush = Hatred!
The Voting System = Corruption!
People Who Still Didn't Learn From The Past Four Years = Weird :<_<:

Nullpunkt
11-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Hahaha, I christmas treed the ballot... ^^

Alyssa
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Gah, I better check the results... hold on, will re-edit this in a minute

274, 238. Wow...

ryu-otaku
11-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Why did he concied

Eris
11-03-2004, 12:08 PM
*cries* I wanted Nader to win...

Yeah, same here. It was such a close call =/

Frozen Tears
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=Tenchi Masaki]I have a feeling P.Diddy is going to kill the rest of the people who didn't vote.
Lol yeah I was thinkin the same thing...P.Diddy is about 2 be pi$$ed off

Leo Seta
11-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Well look at that, my dad was right, people did vote with their fears instead of their heads... looks like I lost a bet.

Frozen Tears
11-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Guess Eminems Video Didnt Inspire Nobody if Bush still won...so that was a waste of time makin the Song and Video all togetha...(mmmm red velvet cake)

Rainb0w
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
I feel the media overestimated Kerry's chances in the first place.

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 12:27 PM
It was quite a strong victory for Bush. He won a decisive 51% of the popular vote and thats nearly 3.5 million votes more then Kerry had. Thats more decisive of a popular vote victory then any president had since 1988.
Ohio was close, but Kerry lost it, and with it Bush has a clear win in the Electorial vote. Florida was solid Bush as well, very clear victory.

It was quite an exciting election all in all.

Kerry had a fair chance, I think the main reason the exit polls were swinging Kerry for a while, is that the early voters tend to be the "angry" ones, who went to vote early.

Cless Alvein
11-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Bush is, after all, clearly a better leader for White Trashistan.
Here's to four more years of being the most hated country on Earth.

Karel
11-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Oh well.. might as well get my gun ready.. and await my leave to Iraq, But I ain't gonna fight for no Bush, I'd fight for my family and even you all.. War is pointless but it must come to end. *shrugs* I wouldn't want to die in a war liket this.. World war II is the war that made many respect the honor and courage of those who faught back in the old days, a war worthy of death. Now all we got is cowards who fear it.

Zedekiah
11-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Hitler are you a Nazi you...you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.
You got me :3

Though I'm afraid I'm not an Anti-Semitist :(

Bubblegum Pop
11-03-2004, 12:40 PM
YEAH I KNEW BUSH WOULD WIN! GO BUSH!! :D :awe:

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Yes your vote counted but so did the other hundreds of millions of votes that were cast for Bush. If this is the mentality don't vote next time, you're right it won't make a difference. It didn't make a difference this time. The fact that is this was a record turn out, the majority has spoken, and I believe that Bush is whats best for the country.

The Goddess has Spoken

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Technicaly my vote didn't count either then. I voted Bush in New York, which went solidly for Kerry.

Very interesting of an election overall.

ryu-otaku
11-03-2004, 12:58 PM
...bush why bush.. oh well now we are going to actually see the country fall apart...

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 01:05 PM
For that matter neither did mine, I voted Bush in Michigan which also went solidly for Kerry.

The Goddess has Spoken

Myrra
11-03-2004, 01:10 PM
I must be the only one who didn't vote for either Kerry or Bush.
But oh, well, so is life. It's only 4 more years.

Ami~chan
11-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Im not allowed to vote yet. Im only 15......
But if I could vote, I would have voted for Bush. Im glad he won. Anyways, Im glad this fiasco is over. Elections are too hyped up.

Karel
11-03-2004, 01:32 PM
BOOO Bush.. he'll probably go on vacation. Oh what a lovely first thing to do on the first day of office after election.

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 01:43 PM
At least he was in the office for most of the time, where as Kerry wasn't present for 75% of his votes. hmmm

The Goddess has Spoken

Frozen Tears
11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
I guess It dont matter Because in the end U.S is now the most hated country..and iraq might one day Blow us all the hell up..."up in smoke"
2005-Post Apocalyptic World...nuff said

Mecha-Griever
11-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Yes your vote counted but so did the other hundreds of millions of votes that were cast for Bush. If this is the mentality don't vote next time, you're right it won't make a difference. It didn't make a difference this time. The fact that is this was a record turn out, the majority has spoken, and I believe that Bush is whats best for the country.

The Goddess has Spoken
If you mean domestically, well, Kerry's domestic policy was more favorable in terms of pulling America out of the economic decline its experiencing, the dollar being lowest it's been for over 10 years now.

Perhaps Bush is what's best for American, but it's certainly not bets for the rest of the world as has been the case for the last 4 years, lets just hope its not going to be that way for the 4 to come.

Congratulations to Bush though, he picked the right cards and played the game very well.

M~G

Queen-of-Mars
11-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Knowing Bush was going to get Texas, I still voted for Kerry. However, my city actually voted for Kerry over Bush when last election we chose Bush over Gore. Perhaps in a few elections Texas won't be a "red" state.

Four more years..great. Now let's see how much of a liar Bush REALLY is. I suppose people didn't quite get enough of his idiocy and bad grammar the first four.

Whether presidential or pubic, all things bush are bad.

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
I guess Kaitou and I will go have our own victory party by ourselves ^^ seems as tho we're the only ones who're happy. Which is interesting considering he is originally from the USSR.

The Goddess has Spoken

Bebop
11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Im not surprised that guy had a spine made of wet noodels.

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Excuse you. You don't even know him. I'd think that you'd better shut up on things you know nothing about you worthless little puke. Don't you ever say anything like that about him again. He happens to be one of the nicest and most intellectual people you'll even ever hope to come across in your pathetic little life. Coming from the former USSR has made him a stronger person than you could ever even hope to be.

The Goddess has Spoken

Ami~chan
11-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Heres a president joke:

One day a man was reading his little daughter a bedtime story. His daughter (her name was Hannah) looked up at him.
"Daddy, do all fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time"?" She asked.
Her Daddy looked back at her and sighed, then said.
"No honey, many of them begin with "If I became president, I would...."

HOW TRUE!!!!

Bebop
11-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Its my opinion and i stand by i dont care what you think just because your administrator holds no bareing on my veiws. Im also fairly sure you just lowered my rep no surprise there.

Karel
11-03-2004, 03:00 PM
in my opinion.. this has gotta be the worses choice of presidential candidates in US history.. since it all came down to popularity and not what the people wanted to hear.

Annik
11-03-2004, 03:10 PM
WHAT choice, Karel?

There was NO difference... or at least there was ALMOST no difference.

Metal_Knuckles
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
man y did kerry have to step down he could have at least taken it like a man and admited defeat

Leo Seta
11-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I'd agree with mecha in the fact that Bush maybe whats best for america, but certainly not for the rest of the world. True his "strength" may of been needed for the war and 9/11 but Kerry was and still clearly is the better man for international relations for America. Take for example, Winston Chruchill. Quite possibly the best PM Britain has ever had and definitly one of the strongest, but following the end of WW2 he was voted out because his strength was no longer needed but instead someone who was more flexible and able to negotiate. Strength in that sense often goes hand in hand with stubborness. Oh and the economy, America was in $7 trillion worth of world debt at the end of Clinton's presidency, that debt is now $13 trillion. Blame it on the war or Clinton's bad investments but fact is Bush has done little to remedy this.

Congratz to Bush (or sdhould it really be hs advisors) to winning a difficult election, his use of fear and quotes that Kerry made 15 years ago in an old newspaper was superb.

Metal_Knuckles
11-03-2004, 03:32 PM
man he could have just stayed in the race and maybe won but he had to run:banghead: :curses: :flaming: :angry1:

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 03:35 PM
he did admit defeat, thats what conceding is.

And bebop, you hold that of a person who is a wonderful human being, more so than you could even ever hope to become. One of whom you know absolutely nothing about. If you think so lowly of him, leave. Its our site, you don't like us, you don't have to be here.

The Goddess has Spoken

____
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
curse bush....

and so the world starts to crumble and everything is thrown into chaos as well as the fiery pit.

let's have america have it's peace at the end....

Metaldork
11-03-2004, 04:21 PM
NO! NO! NO! Kerry should have stayed in the race. America is going to hell now.

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
^_^;; ah thank you minako indeed very much even. ^_^; i'm just some random guy really.

O_o; That was a rather abrupt flame, bebop. Where did that come from at all?

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
NO! NO! NO! Kerry should have stayed in the race. America is going to hell now.

Stayed in what race? His loss margin was big enough that he had no chance left and he knew it. Hence the concession. If he thought he had a chance, he would have sent in the lawyers.

Princess Mononoke
11-03-2004, 04:26 PM
America, the place where even a loser can win. All i can think is that how sad it is that there are so many stupid americans. Over half. We're doomed. America died today. Economically this will be the worst 4 years ever. 4 more years of hell until Obama takes over the white house for the democrats.

Cless Alvein
11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of "Look at my three purple hearts!" either, but
when I come home from Iraq in a box, I just want all you Bush fans to
remember who sent me there. I don't know, maybe that seems like a good
thing to many of you. Heh.

escaflownemoon
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
YAY for Bush well I think more so for him having intelligent advisors..I didn't follow up on this. I was hoping he would win, not that I like him.

But Kerry looked more like a president to me.

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 04:38 PM
The main thing that got me to vote Bush is the intolerance on the left bordering on dogmatic, and the constant whining about the last election. Bush was "redefeated" just like last time, just how they wanted. The amount of hate being spewed against Bush was so caustic that it completely turned me off from their message.

America is a great country and is certanly far from being dead, a police state, a facist state, or anything of the sort.

For some reason it is mainly the left, democratic, progressive, liberal, however you call it who are the most intolerant in this election from everything that I have seen. All people voting Bush who I know, say that they can see why someone would vote Kerry, but they don't feel it is the right choice, whereas all the people voting Kerry who I know are saying that they have no idea why anyone would be stupid enough to vote Bush, and almost all comments in this thread seem to follow that trend rather solidly.

There are certanly valid reasons to vote for either of them. Anyone blind enough not to be able to accept that fact is a hell of a lot less educated then the people on the other side that they lump together and berate.

Princess Mononoke
11-03-2004, 04:42 PM
yes most people who voted for bush said it was because of morals... democrats do not believe in those as strongly so of course we say "why would you vote for that?"

Metal_Knuckles
11-03-2004, 04:46 PM
i cant believe that he did that!! that was weak!

____
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
in case that was directed toward me slightly..... i'm not exactly one for the democrats. i wouldn't be considered a republican or a democrat. i just wished that there were other choices that were better than bush and kerry and the other independent parties. X_x X.x Xx;

Too bad i can't vote....

Straw_hat
11-03-2004, 04:49 PM
nader needed to win because he is cool

SwOrDzYs
Yes ____ is very right

Metal_Knuckles
i cant believe that kerry backed out like a chicken!! he could have been a man and admitted defeat!

____
11-03-2004, 04:51 PM
erm....he did admit defeat. he just didn't really have a chance of winning the election.

Cless Alvein
11-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Maybe I'm just cynical, or maybe it's the nature of the idea of "campaigning"
we saw this year, but it seems like there were more reasons to not vote for
either of them than reasons to vote for them.

I hate arguing politics though, which is why you won't see me
publicly discuss things like "policy", or favor one side.

This year instead of picking the "best man" we had to pick the "lesser of two
evils". Just not a game I like to play.

Just for fun -

http://www.kdwb.com/MorningShow/Video/this_land_mov.swf

Queen-of-Mars
11-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Actually Leo, Clinton left the seat with a surplus in the billions. Then the country had a recession, then a war, blah blah. Now we have a multi-trillion dollar deficit.

Thanks Bush! That's why your daddy only got 1 term.

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Ok, I'll bite. First off though, voting on "morals" is not neccesarily dumb either. It is certanly no dumber then voting against Bush because you saw Moore's flick.

I dont believe Kerry has any solid plan for anything. I have seen him say one thing about Tora Bora when it was happening and completely another thing last week.
I know he couldn't get any other countries to join in in Iraq no matter what he did, and I worry about what he would have tried to do to get them in there. I greatly disagree with Kerry's stand on healthcare. And thats about the only stance of his that I can actualy name.

Bush is not the best. I certanly admit that. But.
I can not blame Bush for the job loss. I have seen first hand what happened on 9-11. The fact that as many jobs were restored as there were is certanly a tribute to him. I believe going into Iraq was a correct thing. And in the end, I trust Bush more then Kerry on dealing with terrorism, and I can't say that I am certain that Kerry wouldn't have abandoned any policy that seemed unpopular to him, despite it being needed.

Queen-of-Mars
11-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I believe going into Iraq was a correct thing.

Another thing about that. We're there to liberate Iraq, blah blah. I get that that, and good job on his part for getting Saddam. HOWEVER, you want to talk flip flops? Okay. At one point, Bush's TOP priority(so he said) was Osama, few months later he said he didn't care about him. Now I don't know about you, but I call that a flip flop. I don't care WHAT reasons he had for it, he is a hypocrite.

We're at war against terrorists supposidly, and YET we're policing around Iraq as if THEY were the ones that attacked us. Where's Osama? The US has MINDBLOWING capabilities, and yet we're too busy sending unarmored troops to Iraq instead of looking for the number one threat.

Mecha-Griever
11-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Why on Earth did Kaitoh-sama get flamed?! That was a pretty harsh comment for someone you don't know Bebop. I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself from now on.

I think you said that quite wrong Kaitoh-sama (getting back on topic now..). It's not that Kerry didn't have a plan. As one who actually made an effort to read up on the policies both domestically and internationally, in addition to their manifesto, I'd say that Kerry's seemingly covered all the weaknesses that the current Regime does indeed have. The job loss in the US, their removal from the Kyoto agreement (which fair enough was in motion before Bush's reign) and indeed his plans on healthcare. Fair enough, he was never going to provide free healthcare, but I thought his proposed budget balanced well enough to make sure that enouh money was being put toward medical.

The problem with Kerry is that he did not outline his intentions clearly enough in his campaign, and spent far too much time trying to demean Bush and Bush's achievements as President... Now... If all we needed to be elected President was to criticise Bush, we'd all be President by now! So because of this, Kerry gave of an aura of being not resolute enough, even though he had the goods to back up his argument.

I suppose its relative, but whilst some may claim he's the man for this 'War', I shall say that Wars are never one sided after one great battle. If Bush keeps coming out talking about this war and how its "Hammer time" or whatever that stupid general said, it will again send out that signal that it's America versus everyone else. And that is not a winning battle. It will cause more atrocities, which are becoming frequent.

Kerry was right about one thing, if America continues to be this way, they will once again be severed from the rest of the world, and will only be viewed as all the more a target and a an enemy, which is an awful thought.

Enough lives are lost, and whilst Bush must be firm, he must realise that you can never make friends with nation you're pointing a gun at 24/7.

M~G

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Osama is probably in Pakistan, where Bush can't really go in, because we are avoiding creating a problem there as well.
I don't think Bush ever said he just didn't care for it. Kerry wanted to go after Saddam also.

And it's not just about liberating Iraq.

Saddam paid bonuses of up to $25,000 as a reward to the families of palestinian suicide bombers

Saddam gave sanctuary to numerous terrorists:
* Abu Abbas from the Palestine Liberation Front - after committing terrorist acts he was allowed to leave Italy because he possessed an Iraqi diplomatic passport.
* Abu Nidal, who led terrorist cells in numerous countries.
* Abdul Rahman Yasin who was part of the 1993 WTC terrorist plot
* Abu Musab al Zarqawi received medical treatment in Baghdad after being injured in Afghanistan. He then went to start a terrorist training camp for Ansar Al-Islam
* In 1999 Saddam offered assylum to Ben Laden

Saddam was also bribing UN, France, Russia et al for the sactions to be lifted, so he could resume his weapons programs.

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 05:29 PM
I don't know, Mecha-Griever, I actualy tried, and looked through Kerry's site, but my impression still was that he mainly says "I'll do _______" without saying how, and while I will grant that he may have a very concise plan for how he will do everything, but I did not honestly see it. Not only that, but he certanly wasn't clear enough in trying to get it out to people, because he spent the last month of his campaign pouncing on every negative story that came in, to say that he would've done better, and that I think was one of the biggest mistakes of his campaign.

amuro1
11-03-2004, 05:30 PM
finally he decided to give up

Kilawher Shazarade
11-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Hmeh.. thank God, Kerry lost the election.

Too bad he didn't concede earlier. ( Restock the armor!! XD )

Mecha-Griever
11-03-2004, 05:38 PM
A few things.... Bribing? I do believe they were officially declared reparation payments by the Geneva Convention and not an illegal exchange of money for benefits. I do believe that those action were taken as a form of diplomacy, which fair enough did not work out. I don't appreciate the way you worded that, as it speaks pretty low of the UN.

More so, I think that some of your facts are unsubstantiated with regard to explaining the whole story. Whilst there is a high probability of Usama Bin Laden being in Pakistan (In a cave perhaps?), how you say that you cannot enter without causing problems is quite true... But the reason being is the obscene payments and arms deals that is being conducted with the Indian Government! The trading of sides has certainly been interesting with the US, from providing CIA training to Usama, to practically paying Iraq to handle the situation in Persia/Iran, to now funding one side against another. All under Republican Presidents. With each act, this will only continue to set these nations against the US, and rather than intervening in a respectful manner, I still feel that the allies have indeed set about to shatter any opposition by introducing systems and leaders that rank up there with Batista in Cuba as Democracy lap-dogs.

I think that its all well in good electing Bush again for fo you guys, if you indeed voted for him, but what he must do now is learn from his mistakes, and don't you dare say he hasn't made any, as every President has, ne? One of them has to be his impatient attitude to this istuation in the Middle East, where the public had pushed him to find a scape goat, and in turn he supplied one in the form of Saddam Hussain. Now its time for him to start fulfilling those promises of him, which are long overdue.

Edit: Yes, I couldn't agree more with you. I feel his campaign was very flawed, and Bush intelligently chose to appeal to the correct pressure points of people. Kerry needed to include that same resolute attitude to morals and outlining his vision as Bush had from the very beginning. In that way, Bush's campaign deserved its victory.

M~G

M~G

Rainb0w
11-03-2004, 05:45 PM
In my opinion this occupation of Iraq should not have been as Saddam should have been toppled in the first Gulf War.

Mecha-Griever
11-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Yes there is no doubt about that Dubstar Funk, but one can't go dwelling on the past like that and say what should have been done. Yes, the father should have doe something more about it then, but it doesn't mean the son cannot rectify the situation just because the timing is a little off.

M~G

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Would "kickbacks" be a better way of putting it?
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/13/international/middleeast/13food.html?hp=&pagewanted=all&position

The US has not always been right on foreign policy, but one of the things to say is that when a lot of those things happened, the worldview was "watch out for the red menace" and anything else paled by comparison. Which explains a lot of ill fated alliances that were made to prevent soviet russia from getting a foothold in another part of the world by any means neccesary.

I agree that Bush has made mistakes, I just also think that he has done some things right, and currently, he was right(not right right, just right) on more things that I find important over Kerry.

Kaitou Ace
11-03-2004, 06:02 PM
In my opinion this occupation of Iraq should not have been as Saddam should have been toppled in the first Gulf War.
Thats true, but back then we followed the UN mandate, which was to push Saddam back to his borders, and go no further.

I completely agree that Saddam should have been taken out from the start. It's a shame it wasn't done then.

Sega saturn x
11-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Miny the kid already left. All i can say is damnit i thought bush handeled the war well but now the war is over we needed a guy who could pull our economy out of the ---- Something buch clearly cant do

JiruCloud
11-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Kerry has no idea how to run a country. If he were our president I;m sure we would be attacked a lot more, and revered a lot less. He really has no idea about what we're doing right now. He was a coward and a retreater, and since everyone knows that, no one is going to respect him as our commanding officer. IMO.

Mecha-Griever
11-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Umm... Nice SSX.... Not sure how long it will remain there though...

The UN mandates have not always been followed, in fact I think they've been breached on occasions when they should not have been. The current situation being one of them. The weird and magical dimension-warping 'weapons of mass-destruction' need no further mention though...

Actually you're not the first to bring that exact article to my attention. *laughs*

I agree that the Bush reign has not gone without yielding some positives, but I don't feel that they outweigh the negatives enough to say that is has been a successful reign with Bush at the helm. The US economically and socially are in deeper recession than they were 4 years before Bush's reign, indicating a lack of progress. Progress is now needed to turn the tables and pull America away from this decline.

As for the 'Red Peril', did it ever really escalate to such a degree of warning that it was so labelled? An overreaction to a opposing political system, which threatened democracy. Whilst I do believe it needed to be supressed, it shows signs of history repeating where thought and diplomacy has given way to, "I need a scape goat.. Can anyone think of a mistake we can put right? Iraq? Okay!"

I will say that these were poor candidates, and I hope Edwards is elected as the Democratic candidate next time.

M~G

Ollie
11-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Actually Leo, Clinton left the seat with a surplus in the billions. Then the country had a recession, then a war, blah blah. Now we have a multi-trillion dollar deficit.

Thanks Bush! That's why your daddy only got 1 term.could you please provide some proof for the bolded statement?

I don't care who, anyone. O_o

Daenerys
11-03-2004, 07:44 PM
*cries* I wanted Nader to win...We all did.

Ollie
11-03-2004, 07:46 PM
[my coment taken from someone's journal at DA]

I'm worried.

During the Gore/Bush election, my sister was terrified of Bush being elected.

During this election, I was too, but I expected him to win.

I wanted Kerry to win not just 'cause I'm mostly left-wing, but because of Bush's terrible international relations. I mean, a lot of terrorists come from other countries, and Bush's YOU'RE WITH ME OR AGAINST ME attitude won't stop pissing people off more than he already is. :\

LadyPSerenity
11-03-2004, 08:53 PM
As long as you guys don't invade Canada I'll be happy <3

Personally I wanted change... but I didn't like Kerry's flip flopping... I just don't like Bush to much either...

I want Clinton back... Wait... I'm Canadian <3

Princess Mononoke
11-03-2004, 09:27 PM
everyone wants clinton back ^^

but if hilary runs in 2008 even if i am democrat there's no way i would vote for her.

Princess Minako
11-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Guliani will hopefully run in '08 with Arnie as a vice, that I believe will be a landslide ticket.

As for Clinton. Yeah he LEFT the office with a nice surplus, he also left after starting a massive investigation on the internet stocks which caused the stock market to fall more in 2000 than it did after 9/11. So Clinton actually started the downfall of the economy then scooted out before he could get rightfully blamed. Nice, now thats some good strategic planning.

The Goddess has Spoken

Anime_Overload
11-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Heh the same thing happend to Hoover and the Great Depression.

For me I'm hoping that Colin Powel will run for pres in 2008.

TerraN EmpirE
11-04-2004, 01:09 AM
sadly arnie can't run he was born in Austria
Macain Powel 2008
Jay and silent bob 2012

Die Tod von Euch
11-04-2004, 02:59 AM
*joins Minako and Kaitou's post-election party* ^_^

Yeah, I think I even mentioned this before... I started out the election year wanting to vote for Kerry. And ended the election year voting for Bush. That should tell you something... But, maybe it doesn't. Listen to what Minako and Kaitou have been saying...they understand. A lot of what they say pretty much goes along with what I've been thinking and feeling as this year progressed.

And if Edwards runs in 08...oh hell NO. Please. We really need to start getting more capable people to run...please.

Karel, hon, stop with the implications that you'll be drafted now that Bush has been re-elected... Not only was the draft bill introduced by DEMOCRATS, but it has been rejected. There was a thread about that already, actually... Point is, you have no worries. The other point is that Bush had nothing to do with the proposed draft....

Edit: And I think Bebop was talking about Kerry, not Kaitou...

Mecha-Griever
11-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Guliani and Arnie? Is that a joke? Whilst I hold Guliani in fairly high esteem following his handling of the last few years in New York, I doubt he will progress any further up the hierarchical structure.. And Governer Arnie? Well he's quite simply a walking joke of a politician with an Austrian accent... It hurt to watch his campaigning in California... Physically hurt...

I think Edwards has to be the democratic candidate in 2008, and I was bitterly disappointed that he wasn't elected the candidate this time around. Not to mention Hilary Clinton, who despite what someone said earlier chose not to run for candidate, not because no one voted for her actually.

I think the only time I ever favoured the Republican candidate was Dole, but once again I feel that Clinton more than justified his election for a second term. It's a shame there are not more candidates like him nowadays. Oh, and his book is very good... FYI, the investigation into Internet stocks would have been conducted regardless of what President was in power. But whatever deficit remained, it is indeed also worth noting that with regard to dollar and the American general stock return, under Bush's reign it has been the lowest its been since his father.

M~G

MistressPookyChan
11-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Arnie cant run (unless they change the law by then) and Guliani, though a good politician, will probably stop while he's ahead. Maybe go for senate, though. I'm predicting McCain will try for the nomination again, if he's pursuaded enough. I also have a feeling that Alan Keynes will try too, but we'll see.

For the Dems, Hillary already elluded to thinking about running in 2008, so I'm betting she will run. I also see Obama (new senator in... Illinois I think) running, but maybe not for a little while since he's still pretty young and new to politics.

Either way, the Dems need to get away from the snooty new englander candidates and get someone more down to earth. Both the Dems and Repubs need to get candidates that are more middle of the road if they want to be successful. It's been working on the state level, so why not national?

Princess Minako
11-04-2004, 06:52 AM
They are already talking about ammending the constitution to allow anyone who's been an american citizen for 20 years to be able to run for the presidency. Arnie became a citizen in 1983. Actually Arnie has a lot of charisma and I think would make a great VP. Guliani has already expressed under the table presidential desires. Lastly Hillary and the Clintons didnt back any of the democratic candidates for a LONG time, mostly because if they won she couldn't run in '08. Hillary wants to be pres, are you kidding... if she can she'll run.

The Goddess has Spoken

En Svensk Tiger
11-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Arnold....come on... I thought you were a serious person..
Arnold has very little political experience, has spent his entire life working out and playing in more or less succesfull Hollywood movies, and though he has spent more than 20 years in the US, he still can't speek proper english.
Yeah, let's change the law so that he can be one of the most powerfull men in the world..

Just off the record:
I get the urge to question if it really is so much of a democracy when you only really got 2 choices... I mean, take one of them away and you'll have dictatorship in a second..

stankler
11-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Just off the record:
I get the urge to question if it really is so much of a democracy when you only really got 2 choices... I mean, take one of them away and you'll have dictatorship in a second..
But that IS democracy, nowadays. You don't chose the better, you pick up the less worst. Imagine what it would be if we had to expect real quality from politicians AND electors. (...) A wonderful afternoon in Utopia. And we sure don't want that, if people were to find by themselves what is good for them, Wal-Mart and his X-mas-magazine containing "all that you can ever desire" couldn't run anymore. And we don't want this to happen, do we?

Princess Minako
11-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Thats the point there will never be just "one" party. There were about 7 candidates on the ballot. Its not the government that allows for only two candidates, its that most of the country stands behind 2 candidates. Come on EVERYONE knows who Nader is, they know what he stands for and look at Perot when he ran, not that many of you remember it. There have been other contenders. Perot and Stockdale both were involved in presidental (vp) debates.

I'll assure you that arnold is a serious candidate, its because of him that the ammendment is even on the table. He was able to win the governor seat in california, and uhm Ronald Reagen was a B list actor and he became president. Anything is possible, its America.

The Goddess has Spoken

stankler
11-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Yes, but look at what he has done. Hyper-militarization maniac, he was. Sure, his arms policies helped the USA in the Cold War, but I can't really base my opinion of a politician man over paranoïd-military actions. And the fact that he became a president doesn't mean he became a good president. Democracy is also letting stupidity be right.
(p.s. Just to clarify, I really don't mean to insult you here, Minako, and I am sorry if I do so - I don't call you stupid or such)

En Svensk Tiger
11-04-2004, 09:34 AM
I'll assure you that arnold is a serious candidate, its because of him that the ammendment is even on the table. He was able to win the governor seat in california, and uhm Ronald Reagen was a B list actor and he became president. Anything is possible, its America.

I rest my case.

Princess Minako
11-04-2004, 11:12 AM
uh Reagan saved this countrys military. Without him we really would still have broken down ships and untrained troops. He was a great president IMO. And I believe that Arnie has the same convictions and would also make a good political leader, he's doing good things in California. FYI Clint Eastwood was also a mayor of Carmel, and I believe John Wayne also held a political office of some sort.

The Goddess has Spoken

Cless Alvein
11-04-2004, 11:21 AM
FYI Clint Eastwood was also a mayor of Carmel, and I believe John Wayne also held a political office of some sort.Which just goes to show that politics in a democracy is just a popularity
contest and not a matter of who is actually most fit to be a leader. :badrazz:

Myrra
11-04-2004, 11:29 AM
And Lance, that just goes to show...things really don't change that much out of High School. Popularity and fame still count for more then intellect and courage.

Princess Minako
11-04-2004, 12:50 PM
actually both did fairly well as their respective political positions. Just goes to show you that just beacause someone is in Hollywood that they arn't stupid and arn't fit to do anything but act. I believe that Reagan was a very strong president considering it was he who actually got our military going again.

The Goddess has Spoken

Mecha-Griever
11-04-2004, 12:58 PM
We've talked enough about Arnie... This is someone who will never, and I mean never, even get that far. Running for VP? Lets differentiate here... There are now two actors from the movie 'Predator' who have been voted Governor now. Arnie in California (funnily enough a democratic state) and Jesse Ventura in Minnesota. Lets face it, getting voted Governor is a joke nowadays.. Its how big your name is, and to a lesser extent whether you're republican or democrat. Its rarely ever judged upon what they promise to bring, or even what is in their capacity to do... I personally would like to see some evidence of what Arnie has achieved as Governor, and NOT by his regime. For all one knows, he may be, or most likely is the attractive book cover. The poster boy if you will...

yes I do think Hilary Clinton will run in 2008, even though I would like to see Edwards get the vote.. But you can't say its unsubstantiated. After the terrorist attacks of September 11th, Hillary Clinton worked diligently with her colleagues to secure the funds New York needed to rebuild, including more than $20 billion for clean-up and recovery in lower Manhattan. She has been asked to serve under the armed Services Committee (the first New Yorker in history to serve on this committee), the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, and the Environment and Public Works Committee. I feel that she is perfectly competent enough, and I thought her husband was a brilliant President.

I also think Obama would be a good candidate for VP. But lets face it, Bush had 19% more white voters for Bush this time than Kerry. The reason being some areas in America with particular backgrounds always in favour of the man who outlines their beliefs the most... As awful as it is, they would never vote an African American in to power meaning the loss of a lot of particularly Republican votes. Wonderful achievement for Obama to be ascended to senate.

And BTW, I heard that Eastwood did a wonderful job as mayor as well. ^_^

M~G

Princess Minako
11-04-2004, 03:05 PM
uhm Guliani went to every single funeral for 9/11 victims that he was invited to. Hillary Clinton went to NONE. She would make a horrendous president and I hope to god she gets laughed out of the DNC before she even is considered as their nominee.

The Goddess has Spoken

Mecha-Griever
11-04-2004, 06:06 PM
I don't mean to sound cruel Minako-sama, but you don't need to be a nice guy or person to be a leader. Her contribution went a long way to restoring New York and just because she did not attend every funeral does to in anyway mean that se didn't care. Her work is there for all to see, and to be honest with you, until I actually read up on her record, I was thoroughly against her running. But she is a doer, and is very well educated on all sides of the proverbial 'spectrum' that is entailed in being President or leader of any nation for that matter.

I don't see what ground you are basing your assertion on... It seems like pointing at a guy who drops some trash on the ground and then saying he would never be a politician without any further evidence to exactly why beyond him not putting his trash in the garbage.

M~G

Ollie
11-04-2004, 06:13 PM
They are already talking about ammending the constitution to allow anyone who's been an american citizen for 20 years to be able to run for the presidency. Arnie became a citizen in 1983. Actually Arnie has a lot of charisma and I think would make a great VP....

Anyway, why is Hilary so bad as a choice for President/Vice President apart from not attending the funerals? [just to know for reference :)]

Mecha-Griever
11-04-2004, 06:14 PM
That's exactly what I want to know Whispers. *points up at last comment*

M~G

Ollie
11-04-2004, 06:30 PM
yes yes, I know. *waves hand*

Hideeho135
11-04-2004, 06:36 PM
We've talked enough about Arnie... This is someone who will never, and I mean never, even get that far. Running for VP? Lets differentiate here... There are now two actors from the movie 'Predator' who have been voted Governor now. Arnie in California (funnily enough a democratic state) and Jesse Ventura in Minnesota. Lets face it, getting voted Governor is a joke nowadays.. Its how big your name is, and to a lesser extent whether you're republican or democrat. Its rarely ever judged upon what they promise to bring, or even what is in their capacity to do... I personally would like to see some evidence of what Arnie has achieved as Governor, and NOT by his regime. For all one knows, he may be, or most likely is the attractive book cover. The poster boy if you will...

yes I do think Hilary Clinton will run in 2008, even though I would like to see Edwards get the vote.. But you can't say its unsubstantiated. After the terrorist attacks of September 11th, Hillary Clinton worked diligently with her colleagues to secure the funds New York needed to rebuild, including more than $20 billion for clean-up and recovery in lower Manhattan. She has been asked to serve under the armed Services Committee (the first New Yorker in history to serve on this committee), the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, and the Environment and Public Works Committee. I feel that she is perfectly competent enough, and I thought her husband was a brilliant President.

I also think Obama would be a good candidate for VP. But lets face it, Bush had 19% more white voters for Bush this time than Kerry. The reason being some areas in America with particular backgrounds always in favour of the man who outlines their beliefs the most... As awful as it is, they would never vote an African American in to power meaning the loss of a lot of particularly Republican votes. Wonderful achievement for Obama to be ascended to senate.

And BTW, I heard that Eastwood did a wonderful job as mayor as well. ^_^

M~G

hilary clinton IS running for prestident next election round.

Ollie
11-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Did you REALLY have to quote his ENTIRE post to say that?

Himura Enishi
11-04-2004, 08:37 PM
hoorah Bush, even if MD got crushed by democrats

gadgetgirl16
11-04-2004, 09:31 PM
well im glad its all over...and ive got a chance to vote and im glad that the person i voted for won....YAY!....

Princess Minako
11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Personally I disagree with just about everything she stands for. And she wouldn't have won if Guliani didn't get cancer and drop out. Guliani would have beaten her in a landslide, and it was Guliani who did everything for NYC, ask someone who lives there.... like Kaitou.

The Goddess has Spoken

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-04-2004, 10:53 PM
YAH! Now my bomb shelter won't go to waste! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I decided I would like bush a lot more if he admitted he made mistakes. As it was I tried hard to get Kerry elected in Florida. But my one vote wasn't enough. I say that I get 20,000 votes because I'm 20,000X smarter than everyone else.

Mecha-Griever
11-05-2004, 03:45 AM
I'd like to see some statistics, although I respect Kaitoh-sama's perspective very much.. Just for reference sake at least?

M~G

Toji
11-05-2004, 05:00 AM
Yay! Pay raise for meeee! muah.

Yunfei
11-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Ha Ha HA, hardly anybody wanted Bush to win and he won. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! I told you that Bush is best

Kakashi's favorite
03-09-2006, 08:22 PM
...I like the el presidente ......the liberal media bad mouths a lot and is a sore loser personaly i dislike politics posts cuz they get vicious . If it werent for presidents like him we probably would be speaking german,japanese.or italian right now(axis languages from WII) personally i think the worst presidents tie r jimmy carter and clinton. thats my opinion which will probably get bashed from ppl who hate opinions

-Batman-
03-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Why in the name of God are you posting here? The topic is two freaking years old.

Boo
03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
*cries* I wanted Nader to win...YEAH! LETS GO! I did too.Even though i cant vote yet. Naders a hater....

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Ahhh. Memories. *Tear in eye*

Xigre
03-10-2006, 01:07 AM
WHO THE HELL OPENED THIS THREAD UP!? 2 YEARS! JESUS FREAKING CHRIST! LET IT DIE!

Kishiro
03-10-2006, 01:10 AM
WHO THE HELL OPENED THIS THREAD UP!? 2 YEARS! JESUS FREAKING CHRIST! LET IT DIE!This is bad. This is when you know you've got insomnia man. Yeesh, this makes me wanna cry, Xigre.

Kewii
03-10-2006, 08:44 AM
You guys posting complaining about the thread being bumped are no better than those bumping. Your commentary really isn't needed.

Closed.