PDA

View Full Version : Racial Remarks

Hera
11-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I think most of you have come into this situation before. A lot of people claim to be open-minded and liberal. However they are in the company of other people of their same race they will sometimes make negative remarks about other races.
What do you do when people of your race start doing that? Do you join in? Do you keep quiet? Do you admonish them? What if they are people you know well - friends, relatives?

Milly
11-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Okay, if suppose my enemy is white and she calls my friend who is black the "n" word, I will have to put myself in that situation to calm things down. now if i was with my other black friends and they heard the girl call the other girl the 'n' word, the let's just say all of us won't be as nice on her as i was with the girl.

I don't like racist people. especially when they hurt my friend who is of a different color and think it is a joke. BTW, I'm black, if you haven't figured it out yet.

And yet it is funny to me that the white man created the "worse word of all" and still can't use it?

Alyssa
11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Wow - a very liberating statement!! Racism is a very scary thing to come by. If many of these Italians for example <in random order>, began to pick on some lonely Japanese kid just for the heck of it, and I was a part of that majority picking on him, I would have said and done nothing. I know it seems sad, but the problem is everyone whos new has to be accepted in one way or another - and in some societies, these new people can't be trusted right away under "their books", so they go through some of the worst times of their lives, getting mysteriously picked on and even going through terrible shards of violence, for no damn good reason.

And through this lack of being accepted by the majority comes the pain of being blamed through some form of racism. It's sad but true. It makes me angry to see someone arrogant who likes to start blaming people by the color of their skin, the way they dress, or the different languages they speak, and the different cultures they follow, just because these people think they have the right to pick on others, and that these ignorant people fit within the comfortable "pillow of the majority."

They shouldn't have the "rights" to judge the other minority like that!

God bless us Canadians, we don't have to put with that kind of crap!

niKopol
11-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Im too lazy to read so i will guess at what you said...I usually try to stop my friends if they start getting racial because even though I may be a white trailer trash redneck from Virginia I try not to say anything against any race because I have a black cousin... the "n" word was originally used to describe nasty, disgusting people...but now its used like slang to describe a black person

DownRight-eviL
11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Sometimes I just say THOSE things about another's race or religion because I'm biased about them. (When I was a weee little kid). That's what all of us are. We have our own thoughts and opinions and can't help it. I'm polite to everyone now (Now that I'm a weee little teenager with bad hormones).
Racism is bad, no matter how much you look at it! No matter how many people say, 'RACISM IS BAD! BAD BAD BAD!' We always want to think what we're doing is the RIGHT thing.

Some of my friends are racists sometimes. They think the mean, bad haole is gonna get cha! Well, I back them up because yea... Well that only happens when I'm in a terrible mood. When I hear them talking like that, when I'm in a happy-go-lucky mood, I usually hit them on the head and ask them how would they feel if they were the person.
Usually, I'm not a racist. Remember, I'm only a racist when I'm in a terrible, terrible mood.

By the way, what I'm telling you is true about me. The top part is my opinion. Just to tell you guys... ^_^ Oh... and I'm only biased when I think the person is BAD... Oh and I think I judge one too many people. I only judge one bad person and think the rest of them are bad. I try to stop... I really do. Sorry if my opinions hurt some people. I'm really sorry 'bout that. T_T

Ollie
11-01-2004, 08:03 PM
some people may do it in a joking manner and not mean anything by it. I don't generally use the OMG N WORD?!?? often - can't recall last time I did, actually - but if I do, it's either done to mock people who say it too often, or if I'm discussing the word itself.

Or something.

De-sensitizing.

:\

DownRight-eviL
11-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh yea... My friends usually joke around like that! >_>

Himura Enishi
11-01-2004, 08:13 PM
i always joke about stereotypes with my friends and stuff, like when one of my Korean friends says something dumb, ill say go and play DDR or sometin like that, and its all good, theres just lines and you gotta know when your crossing them, btw i think cracka is a very funny racial slur (dont know where i thought of that......)

Metaldork
11-01-2004, 08:45 PM
*edited for content*

Milly
11-01-2004, 08:58 PM
My friends and i are total racists. We all just stand around after school and laugh at each others ni**er and sp*c jokes, we hate forigners soo much.
no comment....

XxJBxX
11-01-2004, 09:06 PM
LMAO oh ya i sometimes join in cuz it just makes me laff SO HARD. LOL. but if it gets toooo racial like skin color, country, parents, accent, then ill stop and just watch and die laughing.

Suzuna
11-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Being truly racist is bad. However, I find a lot of racist jokes funny. I wouldn't ever use them ON someone, but I laugh when I hear them. There is one minority group I find myself disliking, but it's more based on personal experience than just being like "eww, (insert minority)". I won't really get into it here. No matter how strongly I feel about it, I would never want to offend someone by actually saying so.

FarEastStyle
09-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I think most of you have come into this situation before. A lot of people claim to be open-minded and liberal. However they are in the company of other people of their same race they will sometimes make negative remarks about other races.
What do you do when people of your race start doing that? Do you join in? Do you keep quiet? Do you admonish them? What if they are people you know well - friends, relatives?
I don't know of anyone, it would be hard to find some one of my race

Draconocturn
09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
The whole situation reeks like month-old, sunwarmed milk. I personally get along fabulously with most people. (Shamefully admitts to going into roils over some of the jokes she's heard, including the ones about her own race...mostly cos they are based on stereotypes which are stupid in themselves.) My sig-o is of another race, I have mixed cousins, and I have lived in diverse cities most of my life, so I feel that I have absolutely no reason or business being racist or brain-dead enough to hang out with people who are. We have a lot to learn from each other, and we can't do it yellin out stupid slurs and related crud.

*This is just one Dracofelidae sapien's humble opinion...and you know what they say about those.*

SilverOcean
09-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I really hate it when people are racist. I have myself been insulted because I come from a mixed heritage.

Kloud_Seven
09-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I think racist people are ignorant and have no self respect what so ever.I really don't understand why you would hate someone for basicly no good reason at all.There is no way in the hell I would ever hang around someone that is racist,I seriously just can't stand it.Some jokes are funny though but still,those who are truly racist are just Morons to me.

Marie2007
09-11-2005, 04:16 PM
yeah nobody should make racial remarks no matter what

ranma_my_luv
09-11-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah nobody should make racial remarks no matter what
i agree 100% cause i have friends of every race, and i grew up with a racist father, which is y i hate him so much, u can make fun of ur own ace if ur fine with it, but u should never be rude to someone else just because of their backround

mimichan1000
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
i'm asian and here plenty remarks about asians. if my friends and i out , we usually don't partake in that unless we get super pissed that's when we fire back. i don't like stooping 2 an ignorant moron's level so i keep quiet.;)

Ollie
09-11-2005, 07:23 PM
yeah nobody should make racial remarks no matter whatand yet they shouldn't marry people of different skin color or heritage? Hmm...

shindou501
09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I hate racism, it is among some of the most close minded and cruel things in this world. but also to anwser the question: sometimes i say nothing about it, but depending on the situation i will say something to show my negative opinion about racism

mokulen22
09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I tend not to take comment like that (sort) seriously. It's more funny than offending now a days anyways. For example: This happened yesterday, I was on a date--he was chinese--and we were exiting the parking lot and as some driver that passed us yelled out his window "Go China man" My date and I were laughin' SO hard! it was priceless! I think they were Wowed by his drivin' skills (with a big *** van he made a U-turn) how can you not laugh--ignorant ppl are funny!