PDA

View Full Version : Condoms distribution in Highschools

stankler
10-31-2004, 11:40 AM
For or against, why?

I myself have a debate to prepare on this, so shoot your opinions AND arguments here.

Karel
10-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Strange.. umm I wouldn't take any condoms from school.

Zedekiah
10-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Unless you're bent on reproduction in an early stage of life like school, you should appreciate it. As well as its protection against various diseases.

Alyssa
10-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Wow the first extreme topic I haven't seen in a while. I think I'm gonna be sick after reading this one... lol

For, of course... should've run a poll lmao

Zedekiah
10-31-2004, 11:49 AM
And the arguments are? -.0?

stankler
10-31-2004, 11:58 AM
But I have to prepare for and against arguments, as I don't know on which side I am going to be.
Personaly, I am totally for. It won't encourage teens to be sexually active younger, MTV does that pretty well. I have a whole lot of arguement that I am to lazy to type here.
As for against, I have only one: it will deresponsabilize teens, and they will get use not to have to buy their condoms themselves, they'll take it for granted and won't act like "mature" (I hate that word) and take their responsaibilities.
A think I don't get it is: why is it ashaming to go and buy condoms yourself?

TerraN EmpirE
10-31-2004, 12:00 PM
it's a good idea, Teenagers are going to have sex might as well provide some thing for there health. @ my high school they did give out condoms but they were only available in the nurse's office bathroom which was restricted.

Digital : Deffect
10-31-2004, 12:00 PM
whoa...havent seen a thread like this....ya well i'm with the fact of the whole bout.

Havana
10-31-2004, 12:02 PM
At My school, it's a trip to counsellors office. Didn't have anything like that.

Vua
10-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Wouldnt proper grammer be " Comdoms Distributed In Highschools " ?
Or " Condom Distribution In Highschools " ?

well, im not in highschool, but i dont think it would matter.

Alyssa
10-31-2004, 12:06 PM
You bring up a good topic though. If people hand out more condoms, more people will have the desire and tendency to have "sexual intercourse" **muffles under her voice**

But if you don't, many people might fear STD's and other kind of yicky stuff - unless they don't take that into consideration.

Still, it's best to go for - kinda like should teenage girls take birth control pills? Heck, I would mind this is the right thing to do - it's for the best intentions of the teenagers, even though they may make mistakes along the way as well.

Karel
10-31-2004, 12:10 PM
They're gonna do it anyways.. the way they do drugs.. so many friends of mine fell victem to that and none to that sexual thing.

Han
10-31-2004, 12:15 PM
I can't find a single negative thing about free condoms...unless you strangle someone with it or something..

Eris
10-31-2004, 12:15 PM
I don't see why not? If they are going to have sex it's generally a better idea to do it with protection.

It's not like protected sex is a bad thing or something.

Vua
10-31-2004, 12:19 PM
I can't find a single negative thing about free condoms...unless you choke or strangle someone with it..:: trying to supress laughter ::
I can think of a couple ways you can choke on a condom.....

but yea, if their free and your scholl is a litle more active in that areas then others yea.
but only if the school has extra funding or a fundraiser for condoms for the students.......
who would participate in that fundraiser?

TerraN EmpirE
10-31-2004, 12:20 PM
so many people i knew in high school had plans for the future. but those plans got tossed. why? because they were too Lazy too get a piece of latex for his unit .

Karel
10-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Condom Distribution... haha what will it be next.. Gun distribution along with a free trip to Iraq...

Toji
10-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Free stuff. Why not rite? Kids ought to learn earlier or learn too late when they're graduating highschool and their kids are there to cherish that very special day with them. -shrug-

Eris
10-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Karel: Condoms are perfectly harmless, in fact, they prevent harm (in form of teen pregnancies and STDs)

TerraN EmpirE
10-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Condom Distribution... haha what will it be next.. Gun distribution along with a free trip to Iraq...
actually they pay you for that.... and the number of things a solder can come up too do with a condom will make your head spin.... well back to the topic.... they should have put a condom vending machine in all the rest rooms of my high school it would have made things a lot easier.

Essex
10-31-2004, 12:27 PM

Yes... Yes, that is exeactly the same thing

Han
10-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Condoms prevent you from getting venereal diseases, and it's the safest way if you don't want to get pregnant...And that's exactly what most young people don't want - Diseases and children...

Then why, why do most people skip the condom...is the pleasure that much better without?

Alyssa
10-31-2004, 12:39 PM
I see no damn difference either. There should be more assemblies revolving arounding the distribution of condoms. I don't blame ya. Condoms should be giving freely to the public - it's not that big of a deal. Even though these assemblies might be a little bit OT at times LMAO

stankler
10-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Another thing I don't get it is why should teen not have a sexuality. Unless the girl is like 12 and doesn't not even have her periods, but that's another thing and I am going off topic in my own topic.
And you can even make wonderful-kiwi-scented ballons with condoms!

EDIT: Back on topic, we should protest against the fact that some drugstores don't sell condoms to teens, and protest against Catholic Church forbidding its use.

En Svensk Tiger
10-31-2004, 12:53 PM
I can't find a single negative thing about free condoms...unless you strangle someone with it or something..
No need saying something when someone already have said it better...

If you're fishing for viewpoints, I recomend South Park Episode 7 season 5, called "Proper Condom Use"

swordsman
11-02-2004, 12:07 PM
My high school never gave out free condoms. The health teacher did a good gob of scaring almost every school girl into not having sexual intercourse but eny way i think it is a good thing to give condoms to high school students. It would give them a better chance of not catching an STD early on in life.

Alyssa
11-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Another thing I don't get it is why should teen not have a sexuality. Unless the girl is like 12 and doesn't not even have her periods, but that's another thing and I am going off topic in my own topic.
And you can even make wonderful-kiwi-scented ballons with condoms!

EDIT: Back on topic, we should protest against the fact that some drugstores don't sell condoms to teens, and protest against Catholic Church forbidding its use.I don't know if I should be hearing something like this. err...

Anyways, the only real way to protect yourself from STDs is not have any sexual intercourse in the first place. But then again using condoms really won't help you prevent that anyways. There's still a good chance you might contract the disease - that's why it's better to prevent it than to catch it immediately.

We had this assembly go around one time in High school, but everyone was giggling over the same kind of thing - promotional sexual awareness. I just call it plain smart - it's better to take the risk than to not try it all, that's what my math teacher use to say ^_^

Kyo Kusanagi
11-02-2004, 01:42 PM
I'd rather people just wait. Condoms make intercourse less meaningful.

Then again, if it means not having any more talk shows with people arguing who the father is .... I'm all for it.

Mecha-Griever
11-02-2004, 01:43 PM
We were given them, but I will say that age is something to consider. More immature ages are likely to not take them seriously anyway and do quite a few things to misuse them, therefore issuing them would be pointless.

Otherwise I find it hard to be against something that are beneficial in the long run.

M~G

Chilly
11-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Meh...I had an argument with a girl in my school about this.

Absolutely not!! First encourages teenagers to have sex more because you know why? Because they now have protection. It's like saying, "oh its okay to have sex as a teen, as long as you have protection". You know protection is not 100% definite and you know what is though? Abstaining, until you are the right age. What the heck is the rush with teens these days? Oh I know peer pressure and such but you know I feel No pity what so ever to any girl or guy who gets pressured into having sex and getting themselves into trouble. Thats why there should be no given out of condoms. When you have sex you should be ready to handle whatever problems may come your way. By having sex you are FULLY] aware of what you are going into and should take responsibility for your actions.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE! I frankly will not encourage this in my school. The whole thing about "oh they are going to have sex anyway, why not give them protection?", but why should we? The teens are acting irresponsible and there is NO REASON why people should try and egg them on in there wrong behavior. Anyway I think i'm repeating myself so I'll stop. o.o

Alyssa
11-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Meh...I had an argument with a girl in my school about this.

Absolutely not!! First encourages teenagers to have sex more because you know why? Because they now have protection. It's like saying, "oh its okay to have sex as a teen, as long as you have protection". You know protection is not 100% definite and you know what is though? Abstaining, until you are the right age. What the heck is the rush with teens these days? Oh I know peer pressure and such but you know I feel No pity what so ever to any girl or guy who gets pressured into having sex and getting themselves into trouble. Thats why there should be no given out of condoms. When you have sex you should be ready to handle whatever problems may come your way. By having sex you are FULLY] aware of what you are going into and should take responsibility for your actions.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE! I frankly will not encourage this in my school. The whole thing about "oh they are going to have sex anyway, why not give them protection?", but why should we? The teens are acting irresponsible and there is NO REASON why people should try and egg them on in there wrong behavior. Anyway I think i'm repeating myself so I'll stop. o.oUmm... you know sometimes people are like that often. I just don't get it why, either. It's frustrating!! It should be their fault, and they should be ashamed for what they have done themselves!!

But I think condoms are needed regardless of sex or no sex. It's too bad that we can't shape society to avoid it when so many ads and so many fashion magazines promote this kind of sexual content every single day... assemblies on them might be a little disturbing at first, but sex sells itself everywhere, and a needy teen will do what it takes to go under the unknown

without looking back at the consequences

How sad indeed.. sad but true..

escaflownemoon
11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
I agree with Chilly. My highschool in the girls' bathroom had a condom dispenser but then it was taken out. I'm pretty sure the guys' bathroom had one too because well one of my guy friend pushed me in the guy's bathroom and he wouldn't let me out.

I think they should make them pay a small amount to the school for the condoms because if it was free teens are going to abuse it. Believe me my highschool were bad esp. the guys in my class.

JiruCloud
11-02-2004, 04:04 PM
The old motto is "If you can;t beat 'em, join 'em"... but in my school, they teach abstinence until marriage, so we have no condoms... lol. I guess safe sex is better than unsafe though. I just worry about the kids who are encouraged to do it BECAUSE of the condoms they got in school.