PDA

View Full Version : Left- Handed

Havana
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Is anybody here a left-handed person, like me growing up in a house full of
right handed people, challenging..like i have to sit on the outside of the table
so me elbow doesn't bump anyones.

animeseishi
11-12-2004, 03:33 AM
they say that left handeds are artistic....

Elfy
11-12-2004, 03:35 AM
I must admit that I'm aright hander, but you have no idea how hard it is to play tennis against a leftie...

SGI
11-12-2004, 04:09 AM
I'm a leftie, and I sit on the inside of the table just so I can tick people off.

shi_amai
11-12-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm a rightie. It's funny because both my mom and my dad are lefties... which is kind of weird because my sister and I are righties, though my sister plays sports such as baseball with her left hand. *shrugs* confusing.

Myrra
11-12-2004, 09:07 AM
It's not odd, Shi. Right-handedness is predominate.

Anyway Usagi, I'm left-handed as anyone who knows me well can tell you. I sit where I please when I eat and if someone bumps me that's their fault not mine.
But I prefer to always have my back to a wall and to sit on the outside edge of the table...but that's just me.

As for tennis...I love being a left-handed player--that and the fact that I do not have a back-hand as I can also hit right-handed equally well. Comes from being forced to play right-handed as a child. Evil coaches!!!

Princess Minako
11-12-2004, 09:09 AM
my big brother is left handed, everyone else is right in my family.

The Goddess has Spoken

Alyssa
11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
My entire family is right-handed. Most of my friends I know are right-handed.

It's a funny trend when you look at it.

Some say its the right part of your brain that makes you write left handed if you use your right brain too often more than your left.

Then again, I wouldn't say so much myself about the other things - vice-versa.

It depends on how you look at the situation.
Me - Ambidextrous

Princess Minako
11-12-2004, 09:19 AM
its not "some say" its a proven fact that the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa. Left side of your brain controls analytical thinking whereas the right side controls creativity and artistic things. Which is why most left handed people are the creative ones in society. Nothing is absolute as due to the complex nature of the human mind.

The Goddess has Spoken

Kenshin_chan
11-12-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm right-handed but there are some things that my left hand can do better, like twirl a pen or use chopsticks.

Genghis Beatrix
11-12-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm a lefty, so is my mom, two of my friends, and my ex. So most of the people that I know are lefties.

.[TT]Death//Scythe666
11-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm can use both hands just as well as eachother but mainly i use my right hand ^^;

Nullpunkt
11-12-2004, 10:21 AM
I am ambidextrous, although I am primarily left-handed. It can be annoying at times, especially when I am sketching or writing a letter, as my hand inevitably smears the ink or graphite/charcoal across the paper. I can golf right-handed, but I bat left-handed, and I rake or sweep either way. Ambidexterity is, in a way, better than anything else. I just wish I could write and sketch with my right hand.

Rick

Alyssa
11-12-2004, 10:38 AM
its not "some say" its a proven fact that the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa. Left side of your brain controls analytical thinking whereas the right side controls creativity and artistic things. Which is why most left handed people are the creative ones in society. Nothing is absolute as due to the complex nature of the human mind.

The Goddess has Spoken**laughs**

That's true. There are exceptions in any cases. My old manager I use to work for is primarily right-handed, but he had the most creative imagination I had ever seen in my lifetime. Well, of course, he owns many of the fast-food chain restaurants in Canada <its a place called Popeyes, if you ever heard of it.> He told me that this isn't really a proven fact given always true, the human mind is not absolute - in general, most people do fall into it.

It depends on the person indeed.
I am 70% Left-Brain, 30% Right.
Both very creative and analytical of knowledge in context.

I wouldn't say I would fall into that norm. category, given its unique. ^_^

Zedekiah
11-12-2004, 10:49 AM
What if you're 50-50 then? -.0

Nullpunkt
11-12-2004, 10:57 AM
The closer you are to 50%-50%, the more likely you are to be ambidextrous.

Rick

Zedekiah
11-12-2004, 11:04 AM
According to the test, I'm as 50-50 they come :3

Though I rarely use my ambidexterity unless I play like... Tribes 2 or Basket ^_¨

Genghis Beatrix
11-12-2004, 11:11 AM
video game controllers don't count. I believe that they are talking about what hand you write with.

Nullpunkt
11-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Typically, controllers such as those used with a PS2, Gamecube or Xbox don't count, since you have to use both hands anyways. The primary method of telling which hand you are best with is by noting which hand is used for writing and sketching the most.

Rick

Pakachu
11-12-2004, 03:56 PM
<-Ambidexterous ^_^y

...well, kinda. supposedly my parents trained me to be more comfortable using my right hand when i was younger.

Sweet_Angel
11-12-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm right handed...

Bean Bandit
11-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm right handed, but I learned to paint left handed for detailed trim on the Victorian Mansion, I painted this past summer after I slipped and hurt my right hand. Now that was hard to do.

vhinnnn
11-12-2004, 05:56 PM
I can do any thang with ether hand except writing when i write im a lefty and it is annoying whin i get stuk in a rite handes desk and when i write my hand smears every thang :rollt:

Queen-of-Mars
11-12-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm a lefty, but I bat with both(pitchers hate me XD), kick with both even though my right foot is better, sweep with both and a few other things.

E Nasty
11-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Lefty and proud of it!

Fabala
11-12-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm another oddball ^^;;;

I'm a righty, but I write like a lefty (Not with my left hand, but with my right hand in the position a lefty would typically use o.O) and have strong traits from both. I have a definite streak in the maths and sciences (majoring in science at the moment), but adore writing and drawing, and all kinds of detail work. It's strange...I've always been able to pick things up as quickly as I please, whether it be a new concept, skill, idea, etc. and do them well. That's about why my family refers to me as their "renaissance girl."

I know how it comes across, but I'm actually not so pleased with it =/ Ah well..

escaflownemoon
11-13-2004, 11:00 AM
I am 100% righty and love it. Although, I sometimes wished I practiced using both hands to write cause my right hand gets tired of writing. It be wonderful to switch hands from time to time. ^^ Also, I get all hyped up when I see lefties for some reason maybe I have an attraction to lefties in guys. And yes I am a girl.

~*Princess_Mononoke*~
12-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm left handed, my brother and my sister are, but my mum and dad aren't! I think my grandfather is the only other left hander in my family..........

Katrina_Survivor2
12-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I must admit that I'm aright hander, but you have no idea how hard it is to play tennis against a leftie...
Oh I know what you mean. A couple of my team mates are leftys and the spin is like so wierd but anyway lol.....

I'm a righty, but the leftys I know don't have that much trouble with it lol.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-29-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm ambidexterous.

I usually use my right hand, but lately I've been using my left hand alot. But I've noticed as I get older, I get more and more comfortable using my left hand.

Vampire Girl 75
12-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Well I'm a left-handed and I'm the only one in the family, sometimes is hard. On school almost every sit is right-handed:( but what can I do!!! And yes the creativity thing is true, because I'm really creative:p and most people I know that are lefties are creative ^_^:p

TodayIsMine
12-29-2005, 09:18 PM
i heard from superstitions that being left-handed is a sign that you're an agent of the devil...of course, i'm not very superstitious, so that measn nothign to me heehee! lol. i'm right-handed, just thought i'd throw that superstition in there lol.

rodruiguez is fat
12-29-2005, 09:23 PM
me? well, i'm a righty.

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
12-29-2005, 10:34 PM
im a right hander but i hear its hard to write nice with your left hand cause the side of your hand rubbs on the paper and smears the text as your writing.

left handers being artistic? i think it doesnt matter. im right handed and im artistic. i can draw things that look like a scanned copy of the picture that i got it from IF i copied the drawing from a picture. and im in advanced art class at school.

Katrina_Survivor2
12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
im a right hander but i hear its hard to write nice with your left hand cause the side of your hand rubbs on the paper and smears the text as your writing.

left handers being artistic? i think it doesnt matter. im right handed and im artistic. i can draw things that look like a scanned copy of the picture that i got it from IF i copied the drawing from a picture. and im in advanced art class at school.
They didn't say that right handers aren't artistic. They said that left haders TEND to be more artistic. I think that it is true in general because they have a different outlook on art because the process they use to create it is slightly different(although it may seem the same). This allows them to create it and think about it in a different way.

Tsuna Kadiri
12-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Being left handed or right handed doesn't have anything to do with how artistic you are. But, I think if you're right handed and you're a good artist, then you have the potential to learn how to write with your left hand more so then someone who isn't so good at art. Over time.

I write better out in front of me, like writing on a chalkboard, with my left hand. I'm more comfortable drawing with my right hand, but I can draw with my left hand as well. And I can write with both hands equally. But my signature looks cooler with my right hand. XD

rpgwiz99
01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Im right handed, but I wish I could write with both hands because when my hand got tierd at school I could just switch hands.

Sagat
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I forget if I posted in here already oh well.

Ambidextrous. I basically started off using whatever hand I wanted for whatever as I grew up. I did and still do use my right hand to write with, but I randomly do whatever else with my left.. for example, aside from doing everything else left handed, sometimes I will sit down at my office computer and use my right hand to use the mouse, and if I am busy or sat down in a hurry, I'll use my left hand to use the mouse while I talk on the phone. Both feels normal to me.

Occasionally when I use my tablet to CG pictures I'll use my left hand to do the broad colouring and my right to do the very fine detailed parts. I don't really know which hand I use for anything except writing, because it all goes back and forth.

Masali
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I write almost exclusively with my right, but I do certain things with my left. Such as shoot a gun. When we were shooting my BB gun, I was shooting with my right hand and I hit the target (a very small one) alot more then my two friends, so I decided to switch it up and use my left hand to shoot. I did, and I hit it dead on every time. Although, I think it's mainly because my left eye is much much stronger then my right. This one's gross, but I pee with my left as well as punch.

darkcrystalofthebluemoon
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm a leftie, and I use my left hand for almost everything. Though its annoying when family friends come over and find out I'm a leftie and thinks its some miracle or something.

RAMENROCKS
01-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Is anybody here a left-handed person, like me growing up in a house full of
right handed people, challenging..like i have to sit on the outside of the table
so me elbow doesn't bump anyones.
im in the same boat.

Middy
01-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm a lefty in the fact that I write and eat with my left hand...But I actually play tennis with my right!! I know a few people here have mentioned how hard it is to play against a lefty in tennis, and I wish I had known how much of an advantage playing lefty had been before I started learning!! If I had known I would have certainly taught myself to play with my dominate hand! For some odd reason I thought playing with my right would be easier...I think it was because my brother played right and I wanted to hit strokes the way he did.

mitsuki168
01-12-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah there is..me^_^and its so hard...and oh i also have gaia,hehe