PDA

View Full Version : Question about the rpg forum

red storm
10-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Is there a way to lock the 'new thread' button in the rpg forum for normal users, so that only moderators can post new threads?

Rules state that Ayumi is the one starting the topics, and since the rpg forum is getting spam-filled lately, I just thought I'd toss in the idea.

Daenerys
10-29-2004, 05:05 PM
That's a really good idea. I'm pretty sure it'd be open to all moderators if they did that though. (Not that I see that being a problem.)

We honestly didn't have a problem with that until the rash of newbies. No one seems to read the pinned topics.

I think the reason that isn't going on though, is because sometimes Ayumi's busy, so she'll let the co-mod of a particular RPG post the topic.

Fabala
10-30-2004, 12:12 PM
That, and there seems to be some confusion as to the difference between the RPG game and the RPG forum. They're getting piled into one entity. Perhaps there's a way to clarify in the title and/or description?

Daenerys
11-01-2004, 05:06 AM
It'd be nice if they cleaned up ALL of the descriptions ^^

red storm
11-03-2004, 03:13 AM
Ok, here's an idea: What if we name the rpg forum the role playing forum? That wouldn't stop everyone, but it would cut down on the noobs a bit.

Daenerys
11-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Maybe... I like the idea of renaming it. Maybe to something else... Is there another way of saying RPG?

red storm
11-09-2004, 04:45 AM
Maybe the adventuring forum?

Daenerys
11-09-2004, 10:17 PM
I kinda like that one. I'm not sure though, I think the admin's could probally come up with some solution other than renaming.

red storm
11-11-2004, 05:33 AM
Well, it is their choice after all, but I hardly think changing the forum description will help.

If the newbies don't read the stiky's, I hardly think they'll read the descriptions.

The Rebel
11-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Where can I go to challenge someone? In RPG battle.

i_am_ranma
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
do you need a weapon to be in battle?

red storm
11-19-2004, 02:41 AM
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about! Did you guys even read my first post? I try to stop confusion like this, we are talking about the roleplaying forum here, that means written rpg's.

The rpg in your taskbar is something completely different. You should vistit the 'all you need to know about rpg'ing' thread.

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Actually, that person has been replying like that to every post in every forum.. It's more of a stupidty thing though, you know? They don't bother reading anything. So what good would changing stuff around do?