PDA

View Full Version : Scared yet??

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 05:09 AM
I decided to post this picture up again on my STATS note I am doing this week in uni.

Tell me what you think. Tell me I'm not going crazy over here... lol
<It's really easier than it looks though, trust me!> ^_~

Thanks, I hope most of you won't pass out after looking at them!

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/confintformulas.jpg

Yunfei
10-29-2004, 05:21 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh. math why do you do such treterous thing. take it off and I will be your slave:awe:

Wolfwood
10-29-2004, 05:29 AM
interesting equation. all im doing at school is working out the equation of a straight line... it surprisingly hard.

Eris
10-29-2004, 06:12 AM
What's the big fuss? They are all simple equations. Anyone should be able to solve them o_O;

Milly
10-29-2004, 07:05 AM
damn...equations. i have to do those in school. i only know how to do like these kinds: 2x- 8= 28. lol

Cless Alvein
10-29-2004, 07:11 AM
What's the big fuss? They are all simple equations. Anyone should be able to solve them o_O;Not even anything to solve. Those are just definitions.

Eris
10-29-2004, 07:41 AM
--whatever

Karel
10-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Indeed those are Math Definitions you would see on Teacher's Edition books.

A really scary thing would be having to use Math to actually do something dangerous.. perhaps calculate or estimate, any miscalculation or error could be fatal.. that's what I go through at work, I drive this big machine that loads Huge pallets of water or any other bulky stuff. An error could end up killing some one.

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Apparently these questions can be used to calculate the error from the mean, so its very important to not miscalculate, I know it by expierence.

Scientists find them very, very important, especially when finding out how to find the cure for certain diseases. Without these types of definitions and derivatives, chances are not very formidable when finding this cure.

**Laughs**

Actually I would like to see someone try to figure them out. We just did some other thing in the same class that was even more horrendous than this one - was half asleep, but I understood it all during the boring lecture - lol

Thank goodness I don't need to go seriously into math, Accounting was not programmed for these kinds of things. ^_^

Nullpunkt
10-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Give me mechanics any day... English mechanics, that is. Punctuation, grammar and mechanics are all my forte, and while I am reasonably well off in math, it's my worst subject... I made a 27 on the ACT in the Math section. *bleh*

Yunfei
10-29-2004, 08:20 AM
You know for someone who has a C in algebra I wouldent know anything about this equasion:(

Yunfei
10-29-2004, 08:21 AM
I'm on to you rick:<_<:

Nullpunkt
10-29-2004, 08:25 AM
You're on to me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
^_^ yeah well apparently logical analysis, encompassing PSA and BA is my specialty here. I know a lot of general ideas that is, beyond these scopes. English was not my real forte, however - not a literature fan, even for someone who loves to write down essay-like posts. lol

It never ends... But at least the good thing is that I get to focus on a major in the near future, so hopefully things won't be as messed up as they used to be - hehe - Financing is my futuristic goal here, that's the truth!

Nullpunkt
10-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Hence the copious amount of Rupees constantly passing through your hands? ^^

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 08:31 AM
**erm - why I never! **checks around... well, I'm gonna find something more scary now... gonna wait for my prof to post something worse ^_^

Genghis Beatrix
10-29-2004, 10:10 AM
That's scaring me into not taking calculus! -.-

Kilawher Shazarade
10-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Oh, heh. I like the little smilie face they put on the paper, Celessa.. >_>;; Lol.

I don't think I would ever take an advanced math.. I'm more of an English person.

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I could tell you all do since you are Fantasy members here... hehe... writing your own stories, doing a little poetry... I'm glad I'm the only one here who really exceled in math ^_^

Genghis Beatrix
10-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Next semester, I'm giong to be in either AP Geometry or Pre-AP Geometry.

Nullpunkt
10-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh, heh. I like the little smilie face they put on the paper, Celessa.. >_>;; Lol.

I don't think I would ever take an advanced math.. I'm more of an English person.
Nori, you like English too? Coolness! ^^

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Next semester, I'm giong to be in either AP Geometry or Pre-AP Geometry.
Well I hope that doesn't scare ya. If you don't have a good teacher, then what's the point of learning math? They always want you to fall behind... :<_<: lol

shi_amai
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm actually very good at math but I'm only in Algebra 1. But it's scary cuz I actually kind of sort of like math. O_O

Nullpunkt
10-29-2004, 10:21 AM
"actually kind of sort of"? lol... I like Math ok, but I'd much rather do English...

Genghis Beatrix
10-29-2004, 10:22 AM
I love math. My parents say that with all the math that I'm taking in high school, that I should get a career that has to do with math.

Rick, I love English as well. I'm the smartest one in my class! ^.^

shi_amai
10-29-2004, 10:22 AM
I used to love English, but now I hate it because we never write, and I love writing. I mean sure, i like reading, but we always read something stupid or crappy (to me, anyways). I miss writing. ;_;

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
same here amai, that's why I never did too well on english lol

Even though I was a literaturist and a freelance writer, they made people read stupid novels with no relevance to whatever I enjoyed. That's gotta suck lol

noir
10-29-2004, 10:25 AM
This isnt a bit where ure boasting about how great you are at battling is it celessa???hmmm

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:27 AM
nah in battles I am okay, in real life I am okay - so everything is okay - not saying I am a supergenius, but pretty close though lol <not as supremely overachieving like rick! **muttering under her breath> *whoops

*then she looks around carefully - hope I didn't say that out too loud - lol

Karel
10-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Math mixed with Sceince can create very scary result.. Madness

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:30 AM
**Shivers** Don't remind me of the past Karel... the past... lol

*Puts on a science labcoat and wears some colorful glasses

Karel
10-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey hey.. you're a pirate girl.. now, take off the coat and put on your Seamen's outfit. Lass, Arrgh harrgh and get them Rupees while you at it from people.

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey hey.. you're a pirate girl.. now, take off the coat and put on your Seamen's outfit. Lass, Arrgh harrgh and get them Rupees while you at it from people.
I hope you weren't implying that as some sort of euphemism :<_<:

Karel
10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Nah,, mad scientist scare me.. besides who needs science when you're a pirate.

Kilawher Shazarade
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Pirate Scientist Mathmatician..?! What an odd combination. XD

Alyssa
10-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey hey, I'm taking astrophysics, so I don't need no pirate costume. Besides, I'm not wearing anything for Hallowe'en. Scary... *snickers* lol

Karel
10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Ah well I don't have to wear anything. all I need is some eye lining and a red bandana.

Kilawher Shazarade
10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
I still need a costume.. ;.; -Sniff.- No one took me ta' get one yet.

Karel
10-29-2004, 10:45 AM
LIke they say, make your own. Just don't use black Garbage bag as a cape.

Kilawher Shazarade
10-29-2004, 10:47 AM
..Fine, fine.. I'll just use a space blanket..? XD

Karel
10-29-2004, 10:56 AM
that works.. just make sure it's not pea'd on. in school there were many cheap kids who couldn't get the money to buy those good costumes.

So mom and dad had to use math skills to cut them down some.

Nullpunkt
10-29-2004, 12:00 PM
nah in battles I am okay, in real life I am okay - so everything is okay - not saying I am a supergenius, but pretty close though lol <not as supremely overachieving like rick! **muttering under her breath> *whoops

*then she looks around carefully - hope I didn't say that out too loud - lol
Gah, don't say that... t'is not true. *is secretly hoping more people will read it and worship... lol ~^*

Eris
10-29-2004, 01:43 PM
You know for someone who has a C in algebra I wouldent know anything about this equasion:(
Just wait until you need to prove the derivative rules for equations containing natural logarithms (part of differential calculus i think). That's was some pretty hairy buissnes IIRChttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/ph34r.gif

souichi tsujii
10-29-2004, 04:35 PM
I lost my love for English class when I took English1 as a freshman and had to read Great Expectations...*shiver* Even now that I'm older, I still hate that book. >.<

Alyssa
11-06-2004, 02:48 AM
Now it's time to present part 2 of the 3 part mini-series. Are you really scared yet? ^_^

<This is chapter 9 so far in STATS Reason class. These notes are taken by my professor, not by me.>

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/Formula9.jpg

Leo Seta
11-06-2004, 06:27 AM
Math is so boring *yawn* still passed my A-level in it despite the fact I did no revision... can't we do a history essay instead? Thats easy, I got straight A's last year...

Fabala
11-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Pfft...Statistics is easy. They just have a symbol for bloody everything ><

MistressPookyChan
11-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Ah, brings back fond memories. >.<;

Straw_hat
11-06-2004, 12:49 PM
that is baby stuff

Alyssa
11-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Ah, brings back fond memories. >.<;Ahh... yes, I presume it brings back fond memories for you ^_^ - considering you are a BA graduate. HAHAHAHA - now now, math is easy there, I just hope I don't scare the young'uns away...

This is what you'll be expecting in university a couple years right now. Enjoy it while you can, ne?

Sega saturn x
11-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Ow my head ach came back.

Frozen Tears
11-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Omg brings back memories OF Algebra and that damn Calculus...in which I skipped anyways so HEY!

Straw_hat
11-06-2004, 05:24 PM
i wish i could do math all day math is fun for me

Elfy
11-06-2004, 09:37 PM
ok..am now scared but you should see what we do in class...

Digital : Deffect
11-07-2004, 10:36 AM
holy god.....what the heack are those problems?!?!?!?
never seen anything like that before in me life in fact, i suck at math.....i'd rather do something in english to be honest....or science....can't actually tell what i want to be....a
forensic scientest.....a writer...a graphics designer.....an artist....marine biology...

but honestly what the heack is that problem? i cant understand a word of it....and i thought french was bad to learn.....

Alyssa
11-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Actually I did find it easy though - but I wanted to show you this minitab outlay that we were doing at home. I mean, my professor said it wasn't even the worse of them all. That got me a little creeped out - saying this wasn't even the hardest by far. I could show you the 8 steps of how to tackle this math question - but wait until next week. I will have posted a formula beyond even your liking lol.

Anyways here is one of my data transcripts. Don't give me a funny look when I post this up - it's scary... lol - I can't believe I even did this myself ^_^

Edited: oops, there we go ^_^

Digital : Deffect
11-07-2004, 11:21 AM
u scare be major you so scare me.....i still dunt get it....yay i got my new siggy!

Zedekiah
11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
I think the title should be "Care yet?" instead.

And to answer the question. No.

:3

Straw_hat
11-07-2004, 02:25 PM
i think your pen men ship scares me more then anything

BlueRose2
03-22-2005, 05:55 PM
ummm... i'm in 5th grade so i don't understand anything

Zedekiah
03-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Ressurector of the dead threads! That is your name, Blue.

Ashminigun
03-22-2005, 10:55 PM
*joins the fray...
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/ztrans.png
this is one part of the Fourier Transform, not including it's theorem. it's one part of the Engineering Maths for any engineering student (Esp. Electronic & Electrical, Communication, Computer) must go thru' to get their Degree. 'nough say.

*go for lunch....

Wolfwood
03-23-2005, 03:52 AM
Actually I did find it easy though - but I wanted to show you this minitab outlay that we were doing at home. I mean, my professor said it wasn't even the worse of them all. That got me a little creeped out - saying this wasn't even the hardest by far. I could show you the 8 steps of how to tackle this math question - but wait until next week. I will have posted a formula beyond even your liking lol.

Anyways here is one of my data transcripts. Don't give me a funny look when I post this up - it's scary... lol - I can't believe I even did this myself ^_^

Edited: oops, there we go ^_^
lol, thats easy. but my class finds it hard so i get to finnish quick and spend the rest of the lesson sleeping while the teacher goed over it again and again with the others.