Havana
10-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Does anybody believe in life after death? This is open topic, and there
are no right or wrong answers. Just your thoughts and opinions. I
believe that after you die you live in another world in heaven before
you get signed for your next life.

TerraN EmpirE
10-27-2004, 06:50 PM
of course there is.... in a way it takes a couple years for every single cell of the body to die and then there are worms and bacteria and a number of micro- Organisms

Milly
10-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Wow! Yet another life thread, again! That's great....I guess. Well, let me put my philosophy in this.

Well, my friend, I believe that when my time goes I might got to the sprakly sky above and meet and God and talk to him. I don't know about me living again after I died after I lived before, but I just know that my ending of the dark hallway is a beautiful cloudy heaven above. I love God!

But if that's not the case and I wanna be reincarnated, which I want to be, I'll wnat to be an animal or ocean. I t just seems pretty cool to be something that is nature, ya know.:D

Kaelas
10-27-2004, 07:08 PM
I beleive that you do start another life after you die but you are born in another world so you would obviously be clueless about everything. i also beleive that when you were first born, your fate was to do something important and when you do that thing you will go on to another place.(most people will call it Heaven but i don't confine that place with a name.) and that will be the Grand Fanally of all your lives and it will be an eternal life.
Peace

Ollie
10-27-2004, 07:10 PM
you die, soul goes to a new body.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

JiruCloud
10-27-2004, 07:21 PM
I believe that when you die you will go before God and be judged before being sent to Heaven or Hell. If you have taken Jesus Christ as your pesonal saviour, then you will go to Heaven, but if not, then you will suffer eternity away from Him.
~Jiru

shi_amai
10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
I sort of believe in life after death but I believe in reincarnation more. It's hard to explain but you just feel it because you sometimes get those weird dreams where you're a completely different person and you just wonder. *shrugs* Maybe that's just me.

Essex
10-27-2004, 11:50 PM
You die - then done

Axel Stone
10-27-2004, 11:54 PM
I believe you die, and go to heaven.. and you can choose to be reborn; or stay in heaven.

It says somewhere in the Bible, I think.. that when you die and go to heaven, you obtain knowledge.. I think the knowledge may be of previously lived lives of yours. Who knows.. I'm not quite sure if the Bible says that, tho'. Just what I believe.

Essex
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
You mean when you die you get to know of your previously lived life?

Alyssa
10-28-2004, 12:02 AM
That is what me'esh wishes to believe. I wish you could go to heaven with some knowledge of your past. Makes you a better person cuz you can learn from your mistakes ^^

Kitsune-Hanyou
10-28-2004, 03:41 AM
I believe in life after death.. I believe that after you die you get reincarnated as another person, animal, or any type of living thing.

Wolfwood
10-28-2004, 03:51 AM
i belive there is something after death, but we won't know until we're dead.

Eris
10-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Being a scientific ateist I believe that dying is like going to sleep, only never walking up again. The most likely theory is most probably true until proven otherwise.

noir
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
i do believe in life after death but i dont think the christian system really works cos i dont think im good enough to get into heaven but im definately not bad enough to go to Hell so there must be some kind of half way party place???

En Svensk Tiger
10-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Being a scientific ateist I believe that dying is like going to sleep, only never walking up again.
But that makes me wonder, will I dream? ^^

I sure hope so..

stankler
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
The question to ask is: are you sure that you are living right now? Perhaps you have to die first and live after, who knows?

Shadowstarr
10-28-2004, 04:17 PM
well i think once u die u die. u don't rebprn or anything. u do't reincarnate in2 something/one else.
what i think is that there will be a path 2 either heaven or hell and u have the choice of either going 2 heaven or hell. but u gotta make that chioce b4 u die.....

Ms. Lita
10-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Does anybody believe in life after death? This is open topic, and there
are no right or wrong answers. Just your thoughts and opinions. I
believe that after you die you live in another world in heaven before
you get signed for your next life.

Yes I believe in life after death because you have two paths, heaven and hell and among us all we know that the time is now to decide ifwe want god in our life or the devil. I am going to heaven and I know that for a true fact. I am not going to let the devil bring me down just because he thinks I want to live a firery hell

Annik
10-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Let's see.

No.

This is it. All we have - and what we have doesn't mean a thing.

So have fun.

Live it up.

And don't take anything too seriously.

Elfy
10-28-2004, 07:55 PM
I believe in reincarnation and that we will continue being reborn until we get it right and fulfil our purpose

Nullpunkt
10-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Occam's Razor... "the most likely explanation is to be assumed the correct explanation."

Therefore, there is no God, no afterlife as most people 'know it' and no supernatural beings. We just are, life just is and that's just it.

Elfy
10-28-2004, 08:02 PM
but we need somethig to believe in so we don't fear death...

Nullpunkt
10-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Treize Kushrinada once said "Man needs a higher system of belief than God" or something like that.

Annik
10-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Only the weak and ignorant fear death.

I might fear it if there was anything to be afraid of.

stankler
10-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Just live your death as it is sliping through.

Almas
12-12-2004, 04:51 PM
I believe that when you die you will go before God and be judged before being sent to Heaven or Hell. If you have taken Jesus Christ as your pesonal saviour, then you will go to Heaven, but if not, then you will suffer eternity away from Him.
~JiruThat is what I believe in a nut shell.

I believe you die, and go to heaven.. and you can choose to be reborn; or stay in heaven.

It says somewhere in the Bible, I think.. that when you die and go to heaven, you obtain knowledge.. I think the knowledge may be of previously lived lives of yours. Who knows.. I'm not quite sure if the Bible says that, tho'. Just what I believe.
I searched the Bible, and could not find any reference to that, but I did find this:
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you would know my Father as well.'" (John 14:6-7)
And the Bible also says, "When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. Then sun and sky were darkened by the smoke of the Abyss. And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. They were given the power not to kill them, but only to torture them for five months." (Revelation 9:2-5)
If you believe in Heaven, then there must be a Hell somewhere, don't you think?

gadgetgirl16
12-12-2004, 05:27 PM
i know where im going after death after i im saved so i dont fear death on what i beleve in....

Lvon
12-12-2004, 05:44 PM
My Philosophy is this:

For Every Life That is Lost Another Shall be Born.

As the life slips away from you in one life, your soul will depart from that vessel and inbed itself into another. The path and time taken to find a new tangible host would be a sort of "Limbo". There is No Heaven and There is No Hell, just the eternal cycle of Death and Birth.

dark_evo_chaos_x
12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
well, i believe that
*you can go to heaven and live there for eternity
*you go to purgatory and then heaven
*you go to hell and stay there for a 1000 yrs. and then get reborn but with no clue of wat happend before

Rikku
12-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Um, I just belive that a 'soul' goes to heven or hell. I'm catholic, so I think that way.

Natural_Born_Killer
12-14-2004, 12:46 PM
i dont believe it when you die you die heaven or hell when your on earth is when its decided i really would love to see what thos catholics say

Ami~chan
12-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I believe in Heaven, and I believe in Hell, the latter of which I would like to avoid. I wish I could believe in reincarnation, so I could have another chance to live, but I don't. I believe there is life after death- a life in Heaven if you accept Jesus as your personal savior, and an eternity in the flames of Hell if you don't.

Hotsuma
12-14-2004, 01:21 PM
I am a chrsitian and have been raise to believe in god but I have some doubt about the truth in the bible.Theres two things they talk in the bible alot is wine and crazy **** happening.Its hard for me to believe that a man can walk on water or things of that nature i am afraid im losing faith in god and if my parents fine out they will freak some one in this forum tell me something to ease my mind.I am starting to think that the reason religions are created to make you not afraid of death. Mabe you die...and disappear from existance....someone say something.

En Svensk Tiger
12-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Dude, it's written in the book. It has to be true.

What happens when I die? I have absolutely no idea. I don't think anything special will happen. I hope it's like sleeping, and if it is, maybe you'll dream some funny stuff too. Maybe that which you want to happen will happen.
If I were a Catholic in the 1400th century everything would have been so much easier. Just pay some money, and hey, no purgatory nor hell. Sounds like a great deal..

We'll just have to wait and see.

Hotsuma
12-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Not everything in a book is true think of um...Urben Legends bookthingy

Havana
12-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Lets not get to of-topic, since were are talking about stuff related to after death but i think everyone goes to heaven, for some reason or other, but for some who are unable to cross over into the spiritual world stay on earth as ghosts.

Hotsuma
12-14-2004, 02:08 PM
I dont believe in Ghosts...well thats a lie I do i feel one is around me right now.

Hotsuma
12-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Some one mind giving me some Rupees all be there bestest friend for ever and ever

Demon Hunter Dante
12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
I believe that in every lifetime you go through, You are only sent down for one lesson and it takes your entire life to Learn that lesson!!!!!

*Nosferatu-Adore
12-14-2004, 03:57 PM
I think reincarnation is what happens, but only if it's worth having another of the person. Everyone else just lives in eternal whatever-they-feel-like. What I don't get though, is how "Hell" could be bad, if the inhabitants are evil as well as the "Devil". In that case then, theoretically, wouldn't Hell be awesome?
But I think the Viking's ancient religion was awesome:
Equivalent to Heaven = You drink beer all day, and then at night you just have bar fights, but there's no such thing as death (obviously).
Equivalent to Hell: Pretty much the same, but not as weird and stupid as Hell:D.
Then there's another thing that's like, not bad, but where people in shame go (if you didn't die in battle, you go here). It's justa little bit cold, that's all.

Seriously. That was their religion. Isn't that amazing???!!

En Svensk Tiger
12-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Oh dude, don't get me started on Viking religion. We had the coolest mythology ever, and then some bearded guy gets the idea that christianity is the thing for his realm. So by talk and action the entire of Norway (and probably the rest of scandinavia too) were soon christian. I think about 85% of the Norwegian people are registered as members of the protestant church now.
And did you know that in Viking religion, the world was made by a cow named Yme if I remember correctly, and some milk, and there was abit of stone licking involved?. Weird stuff. Too bad that a neo-nazi group now have taken this mythology as theirs, and pretty much raped the whole thing. Sad.

Dragonmoonxxl7
12-14-2004, 05:14 PM
gtftrgdtrhd

Dragonmoonxxl7
12-14-2004, 05:14 PM
hi im gay

Dragonmoonxxl7
12-14-2004, 05:15 PM
i like boys balls

Dragonmoonxxl7
12-14-2004, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Dragonmoonxxl7]i like boys balls[/QUOTEi just like that

En Svensk Tiger
12-14-2004, 05:18 PM
^ I don't know if I'm gonna report you or marry you?

On topic: You, my friend, are going to the Christian version of hell.

Bushidowarriord
12-14-2004, 05:20 PM
I dont really have a religion or anything so i believe that once we die thats it, nothing more happens were just gone. Im the kind of person who needs proof of something b4 i believe and frankly, theres no proof that god or any other supreme being exists, death is truly just a mystery because people who experience it cant really tell you what happens lol, but anyways since theres no proof i cant believe anything about death really. Also, i forget who said it or whatever but theres this one quote i always seem to remember when this topic comes up, "god is just an imaginary friend for adults", i thought it was pretty funny but w/e, those are my views and i may be wrong but then you may be too, no one truly knows

Sega saturn x
12-14-2004, 08:13 PM
When i die i hope i dont become a spider.

Kyoto00
12-28-2004, 10:42 PM
There r so many different ideas to the subject but for me I think that there is a life maybe not here but maybe somewhere different for everyone it could be for me now life is a mystery but who actally knows unless they could tell us that there is!?

Fabala
12-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Put frankly, no, I don't.

Sometimes I think it rather nice to imagine believing in past lives, in future lives, in the whole lot. However the scientific part of my mind won't believe in any of it without proof. At the same time it won't disbelieve it, not having proof of that either.

What a muddled place.

Kyoto00
12-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Well I quess that is true sometimes I go some where and it seems like i had been there before in another time but then one part of my brain tells me that it is nothing but inside it dose seem strange! Like in dreams the most of that is where it happens!

Havana
12-29-2004, 03:12 PM
As for proof for past-lives and stuff it's still hard to show proof.

retro
12-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Once we die we'll all go to a place which will make us happy till the end of time. Or even better still you can talk too your God, walk with people from history (good people) & no bad people are allowed too enter.

HAHAHAHAHAHA .... isn't church bull[REMOVED]! since your dead so is your life.

shougo amakousa
03-22-2006, 08:01 AM
i believe in life after death but thats only because you will at least have something to look forward to when you die.

Miyukara
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I do believe in life after death, but I believe in new life through Christ, not reincarnation.

Faceless111
03-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I believe there's life after death. And if I'm wrong, so what? No punishments or rewards are dished out and I'm still fine with that.

Depressed_Angel
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I believe when you die you either go to heaven or hell depending wut you had done on earth, but i do believe you get reborn, something in the bible says that and since im a christian i believe it

Srien
05-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I have an idea of it. Its kinda hard to beleive in something you do not fully understand. I think it could be possile to move as a soul and keep going. But I think that there is a little more to it then we are able to comprehend. There might be and there might not be. It is up to you to decide if it is true or not.

Marie2007
05-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah I believe life after death because your soul has to move on

bug
05-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I dont belive in life after death. I dont even think that a person has a soul. Everything can be explained by science. I also dont belive in good luck or bad luck. I belive that the closest thing to gods are cells. For they make up every liveing thing.

wolf-on-the-hunt
05-05-2006, 10:42 PM
hhmmm me personaly i dont know but im not afraid of death. if i just die and nothing happens well nothing happens but if there is a heaven or reoncarnation then that willl happen so eh just enjoy it while you can i suppose. so if i die tomarrow so be it weather of murder, natural or sucicide its gonna happen i cant stop it and whene im dead im dead so why the hell should i care and worry about it? peh im better off dead any way.........

bug
05-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Your wrong. You can stop yourself form sucicide can't u.

wolf-on-the-hunt
05-05-2006, 11:05 PM
....meh it depends..........

Grim Scythe
05-05-2006, 11:25 PM
nope im atheist

Ollie
05-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Wow, this thread is old. Who keeps reviving these?

Oh well.

Being a scientific ateist I believe that dying is like going to sleep, only never walking up again. The most likely theory is most probably true until proven otherwise.How dreadfully boring.

Martherus
05-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Umm.. I think there is a live after death.. but here on earth, in another person.. When you did your 'thing' here, you go to heaven..?

Reniti
05-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Yes. I believe if you have to say goodbyes to people, or look over your possessions you can stay and watch over stuff...And you can go to heaven when you feel suited. Then again, I also believe in being reborn. Hah, I could've been a kangaroo that hopped off a cliff. *ahem* yeah....anyways, that's how I feel about the whole thing.

ShadowtheWarWolf
05-06-2006, 12:43 PM
I believe there is life after death.

Music Fiend
05-06-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't have a clue. I don't know if there is a heaven or not, and I'm not very religious, so I don't if I believe in any life after death or reincarnation.

Maybe, when you die, all you do is rot in the ground. Maybe there isn't some perfect place to live, for the good-hearted people to live for eternity, after death. Maybe there is no hell. I seriously don't know.

Aisu Hinate
05-06-2006, 05:34 PM
There is no reason to fear death. It's just a path that we al have to take. Don't think of it as "dying" think of it as being transported to somewhere else. Somewhere to where all souls get to go.
Okay hers what I think.
When you die, you go to heaven, except if you never got a chance to do something you never got to do. Then you get reincarnated into another body and het another chance to do what you never got to do.
But heres the thing. Heaven I think is whatever you think it is. If it's a place where you are surrounded by those you love, then it is. If you think it's staying a ghost, then it is. If you don't think thers a heaven, then there isn't one.
Another thing that I think might happen is that we become gods ourselves and become gods of our own planet.
Please don't laugh at my ideas like everyone else does!

wolf-on-the-hunt
05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
wow theres alot of theires out there

rpgwiz99
01-01-2007, 01:56 AM
i believe in heaven

anime133
01-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I dnt believe in heaven, hell, God or Satan......ive always believed in reincarnation (life after death)
I dont base this theory on science or religion....just my gut instinct

~Aisu~
02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm catholic, so we believe we will go to heaven or hell, but that doesn't explain spirits or ghosts.
I've talked to really religious people, and they say it's good to think outside your religion, and to question things about it.
I personally believe, that like others have said, that you die, and just get into a new life without remembering anything.
Think about it, if nothing were to happen, and all beliefs where wrong, you would die, and think about, there would be nothing, it's not even imaginable. Unless you can picture as if you are sleeping and you don't dream and it's just pitch black.
But I think since there is tons of energy in every organism, it has to go somewhere, so it goes into another soon to be organism. Where else would it get the energy in it's body for it's functions?

shikamaruluv13
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
you die, soul goes to a new body.
i also agree with this but i think for a small period of time a day or so u get to experience to live in heaven

Aulos
02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
It's a nice idea... it'd sure be great... but I just don't see how it could be, so I don't believe.

~Aisu~
02-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Well if you think about every idea and theory, it's hard to believe, but you just have to find something that truly seems right to you.

Aulos
02-11-2007, 04:46 PM
What's right for me is atheism and the realization that there isn't life after death.

It's sad... I mean, we'd all love to think that we continue living in some way, but I'm afraid it's not like that. It's a cruel world.

Rageling
02-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I believe in continued existence and a new frame of consiousness. I like to take an agnostic view for the most part though and I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of no afterlife whatsoever.

Rikaku Yoshima
02-11-2007, 09:03 PM
This would be hard to decide. There is so many different things that could happen to you in so many cultures and religons. But if I believe in dying and you are reincarnated (Not sure if I spelled the word right.) as another person. Now that I think about it people are born with natural talents. That could kind of support the theory. The person that you was last was probably good at that certain talent or something near it. But again like I said there are so many things that have been said to happen to you after you die. None of us will really know what the true answer is.

Rikaku Yoshima
02-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I believe in continued existence and a new frame of consiousness. I like to take an agnostic view for the most part though and I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of no afterlife whatsoever.
Yes and I don't entirely oppose the idea of no afterlife either.

Tigris
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, it depends on your defintion of afterlife. Technically, afterlife always exists. SO to not believe in it would be ignorance. I am playing on the meaning...Afterlife-After life. After death. After living.
Not believing in the technical meaning would be pointless. But if you mean Life after death, then that's a completely different story.

I believe in Life & Death after living on Earth. Obviously, I believe in Shangri-La(look at my sig, yes I'm a Juggalo) and I believe in heaven.(I am Catholic also) But I am not going to get into a religious debate, though. Alread been there, done that.(it's agonizing, trust me) But I am just stating my beliefs/faith. Ultimately, yes, I believe in life after death.

But to all of you who don't: At least try to believe in it, or at least give it a chance. I've done the same to believe that there isn't a such thing as Shangri_La, Heaven, Hell, etc. But in the end, I weighed my 'experiences'(please don't ask) and evidence/proof versus the contrast. I then came to the decision of what I believe in now...

Ollie
02-11-2007, 10:43 PM
But to all of you who don't: At least try to believe in it, or at least give it a chance. I've done the same to believe that there isn't a such thing as Shangri_La, Heaven, Hell, etc. But in the end, I weighed my 'experiences'(please don't ask) and evidence/proof versus the contrast. I then came to the decision of what I believe in now...
There's no real proof of an afterlife outside of a holy book.

I used to sorta-believe in reincarnation, then someone pointed out that there wasn't much logic to believe in it, so now I don't care about it anymore. Didn't matter much to begin with, it was just less boring than 'death and that's all'.

akiko_kalla
02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Yes, I believe there is life after death. It's a cycle. Energy is not destroyed, just changed. You become the soil that feeds the seed that grows into a plant that is eaten by a cow whose milk your descendant drinks... We are all connected; we are all life. In this world we see the relative truth, believing we are separate entities, but truthfully we are all part of something much bigger; life. Life dies and death gives life. It probably doesn't exactly answer how you might expect, but that's what I believe.

Titus_Starwind
02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Being a scientific ateist I believe that dying is like going to sleep, only never walking up again. The most likely theory is most probably true until proven otherwise.
haha, and how does one disprove that, "scientifically"?
Then again, how does one "prove" that in the first place?

As for what I believe:

~Jiru

sasunarubishoujo
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll rot and turn into worm chow.
I don't want to go all into what happens in the afterlife, I'll save that until when I die.

~Aisu~
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
There's no real proof of an afterlife outside of a holy book.

I used to sorta-believe in reincarnation, then someone pointed out that there wasn't much logic to believe in it, so now I don't care about it anymore. Didn't matter much to begin with, it was just less boring than 'death and that's all'.

There's never much logic in any theory. Unless It's a proven fact, it's hard to believe. Unless it's proven true, it's always going to be hard to believe in. That's why its called a "belief" putting your faith into something that may or may not be true (My own personal definition ^^;)

Ayame_Sohma
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Im not sure what will happened when i pass away..i hope maybe i will come back to earth as a difference person but it will be as shame it there nothin after life

but i guess i just have to wait and see

Eris
02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
haha, and how does one disprove that, "scientifically"?
Then again, how does one "prove" that in the first place?

If you could establish that the consciousness isn't part of the brain, that the brain is just an antenna for the mind so to speak, that would put a serious dent in the no-afterlife assumption--that or you could try to somehow measure information being sent at the moment of death.

You can't prove it, but you can apply Occam's razor and assume it to be so.

miniPhil
02-13-2007, 02:48 PM
~Jiru
I just dont see how anyone could ever believe that. Does that mean a serial killer will go to heavan if he believes in Jesus while a Hindu or Jew who have never done any wrong in their life will go to hell? In my life this is still the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

As for the whole Heavan and Hell thing, it seems slightly unfair that someone will spend eternity in hell for one murder etc.
At least reincarnation makes sense.

Regex
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
But in the end, I weighed my 'experiences'(please don't ask) and evidence/proof versus the contrast. I then came to the decision of what I believe in now...Is it difficult to believe in something that you can't logically back up your reasons for believing it? For me, just being unwilling to share what I believe in would be enough to shake my beliefs...

Eris
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
As for the whole Heavan and Hell thing, it seems slightly unfair that someone will spend eternity in hell for one murder etc.
At least reincarnation makes sense.

Eternal punishment makes no sense. It has no function, since eternity is by definition eternal. There is no becoming a better person afterwards. If you just want to get rid of the punishee, just "delete" him/her. This seems to be punishment for the sake of some sort of sadistic enjoyment.

Regex
02-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Eternal punishment makes no sense. It has no function, since eternity is by definition eternal. There is no becoming a better person. It's nothing but sadism.That's absolutely true, and part of the reason why I have trouble believing in a Hell within the Christian belief system.. From all my readings of the Bible, there isn't enough conclusive teachings to indicate that there will be eternal torment and suffering for the evil. That seems to be an assumption brought on after the book was written.

miniPhil
02-13-2007, 02:57 PM
That seems to be an assumption brought on after the book was written.
That happenes alot with Christians, such as the whole jesus born in a stable thing.

Floating Lily
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Eternal punishment is used to scare people into being good. And here I though in every religion committing suicide sent you to a terrible place, it was the worst thing you can do, that's what Islam, Christianity and I think Judaism say.
Murder doesn't send you to hell forever, you just stay in purgatory as a Christian, and I think maybe a similar thing for other religions.
I've always loved the idea in Hinduism and Buddism that if you act bad in this life you get put into a worse life the next time round.

Ollie
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Murder doesn't send you to hell forever, you just stay in purgatory as a Christian, and I think maybe a similar thing for other religions.
Really? Last time I checked all Christians go to Heaven by acception Christ.

Floating Lily
02-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Really? Last time I checked all Christians go to Heaven by acception Christ.
Hell no, you have to stay in this place between heaven and hell, you have to spend a certain amount of time in purgotory (depends on how many times you sinned and confessed) before they let you go to Heaven, like a waiting room. That's what I learned.

Evangelist16
02-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Hell no, you have to stay in this place between heaven and hell, you have to spend a certain amount of time in purgotory (depends on how many times you sinned and confessed) before they let you go to Heaven, like a waiting room. That's what I learned.

Clearly Catholic doctrine. My grandmother used to be a Roman Catholic, and from what she tells me it's a cruel religion. And by the standards of the Council of Trent (or Vatican 2 Council- I forget which), if I say that there IS no Purgatory, I'm a heretic. If I say that I have assurance of salvation throught the Lord Jesus Christ, I'm a heretic. If I say that Mary was an ordinary woman who was chosen by God to give birth to the Lord Jesus Christ, I'm a heretic. If I say that the Pope is just a man who sold his soul for power, I'm a heretic. If I say that the wafer is still a wafer when the priest prays over it, I'm a heretic.

But I'm a Baptist, a Protestant. And there IS no purgatory. The Lord Jesus is the only one who talked about hell in detail. And we choose our paths. If we reject the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour, we are without excuse. We were born into sin, and no post-birth baptism can remove sin. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can. He saves- religion doesn't. Further more, if the Catholic hierachy believe that they can turn the Creator of the Universe into a wafer, then they are saying that they, under the Pope, have authority over Him. But Christ died for our sins, the Pope didn't. If the Pope was higher than God, then the Pope is eternal. But if he was eternal, the the first Pope (Constantine- not Peter!!) should still be alive. Peter died in Jerusalem. His body was found there. It's only because his name means 'rock' that Catholics think that he was. There are only two places to choose from, and two masters. Jesus Christ and his kingdom of Heaven, or Hell, created for the Devil and his angels, where the Beast and the False Prphet will be sent. What the followers of the Catholic Church have been told is garbage. You must be born again. Not of water, or by works, but by faith and by the grace of God, which you can obtain by receiving Christ as your Lord and Saviour, with all sins forgiven, and the sacrifice that was made 2000 years ago, ONE TIME ONLY!!!

That is all.

bug
02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Personally, I don't believe in it. I'm the type of person that would rather go with proven fact then belief. However, I'm still not going to say that it doesn't exist. I'll just say that as far as my knowledge goes, when you die that's it. True, there are a lot of odd thing that we can't answer, however, if there was a life after dead, then what exactly those one become. Scientifically, a soul is only part of the brain, and once the brain goes, so those the soul. So soul can't be the answer. I wonder.

Evangelist16
02-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, okay. I still think purgatory is crap. The only thing between heaven and hell is earth. :P If there is a purgatory, we're already there as far as I'm concerned.