PDA

View Full Version : Future careers

Hera
10-16-2004, 12:58 PM
What do you really want to do in your future ? I'd like to become a computer programmer because I like programming languages very much. How about you? And what is your motivation ?

Chilly
10-16-2004, 01:09 PM
umm...I thought about programming but I might maybe not. o_o I want to become a writer. Journalist/creative writer, whatever. Traveling around, writing about places. Fiction and non fiction. Heh...its fun for me.

Ollie
10-16-2004, 01:10 PM
You know, I've been wondering that exact same thing.

Some ideas:

-Go into design. Clothing design, architectural design, game design [not just computer games, either]. The last one I may already start working on as I'm going to help one of my teachers with some games he's making. :D

-Astronomer. I've always been fascinated by the sky and stars.

-Artist. Unfortunately, because of the whole 'starving artist' ordeal, it'll probaby just be on the side for a *long* time :\ I'll probably be a freelance artist available for private commissions and maybe a few commercial things.

-Biologist of some kind. Marine biology looks tempting ^^ Although any kind of biology would be enjoyable...but I'm most fascinated by the human body.

-Historian. I've always loved learning about the past and it's major events. Question - what would I do after graduating?

Essex
10-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Graffick design, maybe

Ollie
10-16-2004, 01:12 PM
If you're going into that profession, you might wanna know it's spelled 'graphic.'

Han
10-16-2004, 01:13 PM
nothing.

Die Tod von Euch
10-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Actress.

I've been training for it since I was 10 (am 21 now). I'm signing with an agent at the start of next month (that's when my appointment is). I'm already working on setting things in motion to start out my career. ^_^

Essex
10-16-2004, 01:15 PM
If you're going into that profession, you might wanna know it's spelled 'graphic.'

Maybe your right...

TerraN EmpirE
Us Army

Eris
I'm going to study either Computer Engineering or Civil Engineering @ GBG University in two years. When i'm done i'll just have to see what happens.

Terran: Enjoy your career as cannon fodder.

Washiko
10-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Perhaps a proffessor... or work at NASA... or a writer... (my novel was lost when the lap top crashed ::grrr::

Female_Hitokiri
10-16-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm thinking of a writer, but I might just go into the medical field instead. My sister is 1/4 of her way to becoming a cardiologist...heh. 2nd year med student, that she is...but then she might have to go a few more years, seeing as she's going into a specific field...

retro
10-16-2004, 02:02 PM
"I want too work in a office!" said I when I was 13 years of age

20 year old me "I'm working in a office"

odd really, I hold so much power over your Taxes... want a pension [rofl]

shi_amai
10-16-2004, 02:06 PM
An artist, a writer, a singer, or maybe a vet. Oh the choices. ;_;

Daenerys
10-16-2004, 02:51 PM
If you're going into that profession, you might wanna know it's spelled 'graphic.'Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!! If I hadn't already given you rep, I'd so give you rep for that.

I'm going to be a musician. I already am a musician.. but I need to be one that makes money.

TerraN EmpirE
10-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Terran: Enjoy your career as cannon fodder.
some body remind me of this statement when the war on terror hits sweden

Eris
10-16-2004, 02:53 PM
There, now i gave him rep for that.

Terran: There is no oil in Sweden.

Schneedrache
10-16-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm an aircraft technician right now, but i don't want to be one forever. Rather work for a gaming company such as blizzard.

Digital : Deffect
10-16-2004, 03:08 PM
i want to be either"

a professional drummer
an autopseyest
or a computer technical graphic designer.

Bean Bandit
10-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Anything but what i am doing now sounds good. Remodelling historical houses isn't all that fun. Just lots of tedious hours.

Anime_Overload
10-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Well as my title says, I want to be a Manga PRoducer and make my own manga's. My insparation was Love Hina. Another reason is that i have ADHD, so my mind is constantly thinking, so what i have done is focus it into creating chatacters, mecha, and other sorts of stuff like that.

And who knows; if my manga becomes popular enough it just might be turned into an anime series. that would be sweet.

I just wonder; has there ever been a successful American Manga producer before?

Eris
10-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Can't you take pills for that?

gadgetgirl16
10-16-2004, 04:15 PM
idk about me.....i will be something if something ever comes up in my future....

i suck at everything tho.....

retro
10-16-2004, 04:20 PM
idk about me.....i will be something if something ever comes up in my future....
Thats the 'play it safe' answer :p

Anime_Overload
10-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Can't you take pills for that?
Yes i COULD takes pills for it, but i choose not to as it hapers my creativity. I have it mostly under control like when im in public, i just let it go when im creating fanfics or working on my manga.

retro
10-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Will you post your Manga here? Like a test run ...

Zedekiah
10-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Terran: There is no oil in Sweden.

PwNz'D!

Anyway, it'll be something in the lines of; Lawyer, Enforcement, Psychology or Sociology.

Later on, combine all and take over the world.

Essex
10-16-2004, 04:46 PM
The Psychology/Sociology-Enforcement-Lawyer Lord?

Metaldork
10-16-2004, 05:04 PM
A videogame designer, computer tech.

Anime_Overload
10-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Will you post your Manga here? Like a test run ...
Not the entire thing. But mabye bit and pieces of it, like excurpts or a picture here and there.

Himura Enishi
10-16-2004, 07:41 PM
ill prbly try for a major in computer science starting next year, branching off more specifically to computer security, tho i'd like to try and minor in physical training

Suzuna
10-16-2004, 09:38 PM
I want to be a translator. Japanese <-> English. ^^ Preferably for anime/manga/videogames, but I like the language without all that.

SGI
10-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Elementry School Teacher (GTSGI)

Kagura
10-16-2004, 09:44 PM
I want to become a singer.

Wolfwood
10-16-2004, 11:11 PM
well concidering i havent seen any anime magazines in australia i'll take advantage of that and start one over here. but that wont be for a while, so there will be probably be lots of other anime mags down here by then... o well.

SGI
10-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Isn't Gaijin an anime magazine, and there use to be Anime Xtreme...

Eris
10-17-2004, 03:42 AM
ill prbly try for a major in computer science starting next year, branching off more specifically to computer security, tho i'd like to try and minor in physical training
Compuer security is SO boring. All these senseless algorithms and equations to remember x.x;

Fabala
10-17-2004, 03:47 AM
Oi, wish I knew... Of course, everyone else seems to know best. I've been told I should be a mathematician, a teacher, a pharmacist, a biologist, a marine biologist, a chemist, a writer, a journalist, an artist, a lawyer, a special ed teacher, and more..

Right now I'm a biology major and considering going into forensics...but I just don't know yet =/

Zedekiah
10-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Oi, wish I knew... Of course, everyone else seems to know best. I've been told I should be a mathematician, a teacher, a pharmacist, a biologist, a marine biologist, a chemist, a writer, a journalist, an artist, a lawyer, a special ed teacher, and more..

Right now I'm a biology major and considering going into forensics...but I just don't know yet =/

They tell you that you are special.

YOU ARE NOT! HAH!

ooh, anyway, that's quite the list considering hardly any of them got major connections.. Any good ideas of what you want to become?

Shadowstarr
10-17-2004, 04:17 AM
i wanna be aartist, musician or a doctor

authier
10-17-2004, 11:08 AM
I will be the ultimate video game programmer:awe: bow to Me :grinjump:

Astro
10-17-2004, 11:15 AM
I wanna be a bodyguard..

Essex
10-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Do you really wan't to risk your life for people you don't know?

Astro
10-17-2004, 11:38 AM
I like to protect people! I'm doing it when I have the chance and I wanna be a professional

Vua
10-17-2004, 11:40 AM
i wanna be..........

anything that includes weapons designing

stankler
10-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Dying before having to work. Living by student loans for all my life.

Leo Seta
10-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Well I want to be either:

A writer, poetry that is. A book with a friend of mine may soon be under progress...

Producing manga or anime. I already have a 12 volume, 2 ark manga all scripted in my head, but a lack of time has not allowed me to really start it yet. I would love if it got picked up! (It was orignally 18 volumes and 3 arks but it would take WAY too long... maybe if it got turned into an anime *shrugs*)

A History lecturer or teacher.

Zedekiah
10-17-2004, 12:51 PM
io vant to maike rokets an liek kewl gunz.

Die.. Everyone of you imbeciles!

niKopol
10-17-2004, 01:39 PM
im gonna become a video game designer because i have seen my fair share of video games. some good some bad and some that are just plain ugly...I know what a good video game is when i see it.

Princess Mononoke
10-17-2004, 01:49 PM
as of now im 20 and am managing a gas station... Go murphy usa! lol

but i would still like to continue college and become a journalist.

Zedekiah
10-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Mononoke's gonna be the next che guevara.

Kewii
10-17-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm studying to be a teacher right now. I have 2 more years of my major and 1 year of education til I'm done. I'd also like to write in my spare time.

SGI
10-17-2004, 03:10 PM
w00t, what sorta teacher Klutzy?

CrimsonButterflies
10-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Im going to start school next year in Florida for Cinematography(i cant spell it tho)

Basicly im gonna make and edit movies and shows and stuff

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
At this point i'm going for my business admin. degree as I hope to have a business of my own in the future. I also want an internet cafe, but i'm not so sure how well that's going to work out. At present, my plans are to finish college with my bachelors(don't want a masters) and then go to flight school so I can get my pilots license to fly commercial. >) Imagine me flying something that big. Bwaha, you'll never fly commercial again.

Fabala
10-17-2004, 04:14 PM
ooh, anyway, that's quite the list considering hardly any of them got major connections.. Any good ideas of what you want to become?

Hard to say. I'm one of those annoying people who can do just about anything if I have to, and do it well. Trick is deciding which of those I'm -really- good at, and really like. I honestly do love Biology. Unfortunately the degree is hard to use on its own, so I'm in the process of deciding what to do with it. Perhaps forensics, perhaps zoology, perhaps...mmm, dunno.

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 04:21 PM
You've got plenty of time to figure that out. ^_^ Most people in college Sophomore year and below don't know what they want to do.

stankler
10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Funny how many of you wrote artist as a career. Do you really expect to make a living out of that? Well, if you sell your integrety, you can easily make a couple of millions. Anyway, in my mind, you do not become artist as for a career or something you can choose to be. It would be like saying: "Tomorrow I'll be an artist, and after tomorrow, a white whale. (Between, do you know where I could buy some talent?)".

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Many people have made their living as an artist. Do not forget how many genres of artistry there are in life. You can be an actor and be an artist, or a film producer or a musician and still maintain the title of artist. Art is not only paint brushes and color, but it is a very broad aspect of creation which defines something.

Fabala
10-17-2004, 04:33 PM
You've got plenty of time to figure that out. ^_^ Most people in college Sophomore year and below don't know what they want to do.

Of course. Though it DOES have a way of jumping on you all at once. Just like high school. Nobody cared what you did until about halfway through Junior year. Then it was, "So where are you going to college? What do you want to major in?? What do you want to do with your life???" Yikes.

And for the above post (Edit: above the Queen's)...yes, becoming an artist is difficult and perhaps an unrealistic way of supporting one's self for most people, but it IS possible.

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, that does suck when everyone starts caring about your life. I took the easy way out and stayed home for this year, then i'll be transfering out to a university next year. Bwaha, let the good times roll.

Fabala
10-17-2004, 04:44 PM
=/ I wish. If I did that I'd lose all health coverage and mum would lose child support. Sucks.

Have a nice job though, with a possible future. You?

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
At the moment? Lazy college student who's actually caring about school now. I just realized this is the first time i've EVER been in a non-private school. o.O;

stankler
10-17-2004, 05:05 PM
I was not saying being an artist is impossible. But about becoming one, that's another thing. There lays the nuancy.
And yes, art does inculde alot of different facets, I was not thinking of the stereotypical starving painter, skinny and desperate. But as for movies, can you really consider movies such as "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The remake" a piece of art? And all these people playing in mediocre teenagers movies, paid millions for it, for the same story repeated again and again and again, can you really call them artist as there is no character to create and develop: they are all the same. Perhaps that in dept, they do have talent but they cannot even develop it because of the shallowness of the roles they play. So, blame it on the writter. It's not because you can write that you are an artist, neither. What is difficult, when being an artist and wanting to make a living out of it is not as much the creation and skills-developping part, but to keep your integrity because art has to pass through the art and culture industry. And industry is fed up with money. That's where the corruption happens. Because an artist can't make a living of its art without communicating it, and it requires money. And the art and culture industries won't invest into something that won't pay back. So you have to be fashionable, to reach the largest market possible. What also means abandon those peculiarities that made your art your own one and widen your auditory by decreasing the quality or only the specificness which are hinders to universalism. But I'm really going off topic now.

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 05:13 PM
In many ways, you are right. However, stereotypical thoughts about being fashionable don't ALWAYS get you the green, fame or whatever it is you are in search for. What keeps industries and art reinventing itself are those few and far between "little guys" who nobody would ever cast a second glance at. Small independant films that change the world of film industries, or a theatre production defying whatever modern day civilization has become accustomed to are grand pieces of art. As for your comment about Texas Chainsaw, I do believe it is art. It may have been BAD art in terms of bad acting, or bad lines or whatever in the film one dislikes, but nevertheless, it is art. For some to be considered art, it doesn't have to be great, or even good.

stankler
10-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Art has to be a creation, in my mind. Not bits of already wretched ideas put togheter like rotten meat in sausages.

Queen-of-Mars
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Every person is entitled to his own opinion.

stankler
10-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Agreed. As for me, if I don't die at the age of 30, cineast, surrealist cinema, animation perhaps.

Fabala
10-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Er...I wasn't -really- arguing with you. At least, not in the sense you think. I was saying that living off your art (personal, creative, orginal art, whatever it may be) is difficult. Going into the arts is, unfortunately, not.

Elfy
10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm training to be a teacher. I've got one year of education left and then i'm done. I don't know if i wanna teach in a classroom tho...
I already teach privatey and i prefer that...

Anime_Overload
10-17-2004, 11:17 PM
you can earn some good money being a private teacher.

SGI
10-17-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm training to be a teacher. I've got one year of education left and then i'm done. I don't know if i wanna teach in a classroom tho...
I already teach privatey and i prefer that...
Where are you studying your course at Elfy-chan?

Elfy
10-17-2004, 11:42 PM
i'm studying music...i'm already teaching clarinet privately...to 24 students...

MistressPookyChan
10-17-2004, 11:42 PM
I graduated with a degree in political science, minor in economics, and a concentration in international relations. currently on a short-term stint with the JET program, teaching english. When I get back to the states I want to get into lobbying or work for a think-tank.

Elfy
10-17-2004, 11:44 PM
oohhh.ambitious...gee you're smart.
we don't need to be majorly intelligent for ours...we just need to be able to count. Some of us can't even do that...hehe

Anime_Overload
10-17-2004, 11:44 PM
just not all at once right?

Elfy
10-17-2004, 11:46 PM
ohh...no i couldn't deal with that. I've done it before in a workshop it was horrible *shudders*
i got paid $50 for the hour tho...and it was worthi it...

Queen-of-Mars
10-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Good grief, Pooky. Well, if I ever need help with something i'm running to you and LPS for help since you both have your degrees.

Fabala
10-18-2004, 03:06 AM
i'm studying music...i'm already teaching clarinet privately...to 24 students...

And where are you studying?

Kewii
10-18-2004, 09:19 AM
w00t, what sorta teacher Klutzy?elementary school :) (once I'm done school I'll be able to teach grades 4-10. I'd like to do 4 5 or 6

Essex
10-18-2004, 09:23 AM
How old are the students in those grades?

Myrra
10-18-2004, 09:27 AM
I'll hazzard a guess and say they're between 9 and 12.

Essex
10-18-2004, 09:30 AM
ok... the worst age then?

Myrra
10-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I don't think so...unless we're talking about the girls.

Cos that's when they start to get all clique-y.
And that's never fun to deal with.

Princess Minako
10-18-2004, 09:35 AM
I have a degree in Biology with a focus in genetic engineering, and a thesis away from a concentration in neuroscience ( they implimented the program too late for me to do 2 theses considering I already spent 2 years on the one I did).

I'm hoping to either get my MBA, or go into pharmaceutical sales. If I get my MBA I'll go into management of a Biotech firm, like Celera.

The Goddess has Spoken

Fabala
10-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Impressive. Very impressive... And not even 25.

En Svensk Tiger
10-18-2004, 01:05 PM
How come everyone knows what they are wanna be when they grow up?

I have no plans at all. I go to an artsy kind of school, but art...dude, that's http://www.animegalleries.net/forum/images/smilies/wub.gifmessedhttp://www.animegalleries.net/forum/images/smilies/wub.gif up.
Maybe start a juice bar?

we'll see

Knightmare686
10-18-2004, 01:09 PM
i would like to go to japan and teach them english, but first to learn all of the japanese language.

dragoninja
10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
I would like to go to school to learn how to become a video game developer. Its all in my head I just need to bring it to life.

Someday I would like to start a band. someday ....:band2:

Zedekiah
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Video Game Designing these days are waaay harder than what it was back in the days.

Now it's like... Hard-core mathematics and so on.. ALL the time. God, I hate them formulas on Gravity in T2

Karel
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Ok, I ain't gonna lie, My goal is to be a pro baseball player, either for the cleveland indians or Seattle Mariners.

Essex
10-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Is it fun to play baseball? I think it's unbeliveble boring to watch it

Karel
10-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Is it fun to play baseball? I think it's unbeliveble boring to watch ityou bet it is... and

Heck no.. the world series is always fun to watch and very nerve breaking when your fave team is on pressure against those @^#*&^ good for nothing Yankees.

Anyways It's a long goal... probably won't ever happen so I got a back up, which is to work with computers and design either hi-tech weaponry models or the insides of buildings for creation.

Vetus
10-18-2004, 07:48 PM
My goal is to become a Pokemon Master!!!

He! He! Just kidding...

I'll soon take my degree in graphic design. However, I want to involve in anime-style illustration. Surely, I will be using anime illustrations at my project (e.x. adverisings) , but I also want to design my original anime characters for various products (T-shirts, posters e.t.c.). And, of course, to make a marvelous portofolio for deviantart!

Essex
10-18-2004, 07:50 PM
That's like what I wn't to do to!

Elfy
10-18-2004, 07:53 PM
And where are you studying?

I'm studying at the university of newcastle australia conservatorium of music...

mmm...the kids i wanna teach willbe about 12-18yrs...
i already teach kids from 7-12yrs old...

souichi tsujii
10-18-2004, 08:13 PM
I'd like to be a writer or graphics designer. Though I probably won't be able to...:(

Himura Enishi
10-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Compuer security is SO boring. All these senseless algorithms and equations to remember x.x;
meh, it aint that bad, and the money is darn good, 50k straight outta college

Zedekiah
10-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Hah, yeah.

If you manage to do something worth it. And these days.. Ooh, you're gonna have a hard time.

MistressPookyChan
10-19-2004, 06:43 AM
i would like to go to japan and teach them english, but first to learn all of the japanese language.

you dont need to know any japanese AT ALL. Just a college degree. Talk to me if you want some info; that's exactly what I am doing right now.

Zedekiah
10-19-2004, 07:11 AM
.. What? :3

What are the requirements for your current position?

MistressPookyChan
10-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Depends on who you apply with. I went through the JET progam, which is government-based and is a bit more prestigious. the requirement was a 4 year college degree, the ability to speak english well, the willingness and desire to live and work in japan, and a lengthy interview process.

For other places, such as NOVA or AEON (private english schools), you just need a 4-year degree. Doesnt matter what you major in. For the private language schools, the interviews are not that intensive and after 6 months they could get you in Japan. However, which those schools, the benefits and pay are far less than what JETs have.

Anime_Overload
10-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Does anyone know if there have been any successful American Manga creators before?

Zedekiah
10-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Only one that comes to my mind would be someone like... Fred Gallagher.

Yunsung
10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
I always wanted to become a manager of some bigger corporation.
That’s probably why I am studying marketing ( with basics diplomacy ) at university now.

Persephone
10-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Well I have no clue......i've been a musician for a long time.But where we are there is no scean, and dosn't pay enough to be a career.Currently I have no job, and I am attending truck driving school (yeah lil me in the biggest thing on the road). So far I am doing excellent, passed all the written tests with flying colours and obtained my cdl permit and well on my way to getting my cdl.The industry is booming like all get out right now, lots of jobs and money to be made.But I have a bf I love VERY much and I don't want to go over the road and be home onley on week ends, I want to get a local job around where I live so I don't have to be away so much.But thing is is that local jobs are very hard to find and land, and when you do I heard they pay not near as much as long drive drivers and the trucks are crappy ect. I am much too loyal to desert my partner of well over two years, and to be honest I think i'd rather be somewhat poor and have the love of my life beside me than own a house and have alot of money.

I HATE decisions like this cause I know what the outcome will be, we will get no farther than where we are now.:help2: Life is crap sometimes, with mine it has been for ever sense I can remember.......:(

Essex
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Can't you play at bars at nights and work at a record- or instrument store at day?

Persephone
10-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Normally a good idea, but most are privatley owned around my area.So getting hired around here is slim to none, I know how to build and repair guitars, but saying so wont do you any good. I'll look more into something like that though, and talk to my band mates and see if they would want to raise our performing bar.Thank you Tatsu, your a sweety.:)

Essex
10-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Hehe... You really can build guitars? That's amazing... That shoull'd give you job, though...

Persephone
10-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes, I have books and taught myself. I've built one and it turned out very well.Thought about making that into something but can't figure out how.

Essex
10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
You can put an add in the paper that says you make handmade guitars! ^_^

Persephone
10-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Good point.......i'll keep that in mind, but it dose take time and money.And I don't have money to start a project like that so....

Essex
10-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Yes, that's true... It may turn out with more expences than income;_;

Anime_Overload
10-21-2004, 12:37 AM
I just hope i can be as successful and Ken Akamatsu

Meiyu_chan
10-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Hopefully I will finish my BSA but I'm thinking of nursing as well so I'm not sure.

Ana_kurama_pr
10-25-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm very confused in this but my options are:

to be a vet: I LOVE animals
to be a desingner: for clothes, furniture, interior decorating..., I'm a very creative person
lawyer: I'm a very fast reader and I like to defend other people:)

Zedekiah
10-25-2004, 03:22 PM
You do know Vets have to cut up fluffy animals and sometime end their suffering, yes?

Ana_kurama_pr
10-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah I know! but ending their suffering its what makes me want to be one. I can't resist looking at a homeless animal:(

Zedekiah
10-25-2004, 03:28 PM
So you kill homeless animals because you love them?

I think there was some serial killer that did that to "loose birds" along the highways of America as well :3

Ana_kurama_pr
10-25-2004, 03:44 PM
No:mellow:, just cure them from their diseases and give them a home, but anyway being a vet was more like my childhood dream, I still want to, but I really like more to be a designer

Milly
10-25-2004, 05:57 PM
For me, just marrying a Japanese dude, have some kids, live life like it's beautiful, being a psychiatrist, a track star, basketball star, volleyball star, tennis star and be a motivational speaker is just something I would love to succeed in life, 'tis all.;)

Fabala
10-25-2004, 09:06 PM
You do know Vets have to cut up fluffy animals and sometime end their suffering, yes?

Mm...why I don't think I could be one, personally. It's one thing to study an animal that was killed for the purpose of study (I can forget it was once alive =/), but quite another, I think, to be the hand killing it...even if it's for the "best."