PDA

View Full Version : NEW Calendar Info Thread

Die Tod von Euch
10-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Ok, since the old idea of having special pics for the calendar, and a different person for each month seemed to fail, we're trying something new. We're going to do collages of pictures, which means LOTS of people can submit photos for the calendar. They don't have to be themed, or against a white background. They just need to be good quality (no really grainy things and such, please).

If you have any ideas or questions, please post them here. Thanks. ^_^

Edit: This first post will be edited often, so BE SURE TO CHECK BACK.

Model submissions are CLOSED
(PM me if you really, REALLY want to be a model anyway, and ALREADY HAVE PICTURES. No models will be accepted if they do not already have pictures...we aren't going to delay this thing forever.)

List of models:
Me (*looks around* ...what?)
Queen-of-Mars
Princess Mononoke
Karel
Princess Minako
Suzuna

Designers:
MistressPookyChan
Tatsu-nii

(More designers may be needed. Check back)

Queen-of-Mars
10-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Can they be random pictures or must they be one of yourself?

Die Tod von Euch
10-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Of yourself. It's a calendar featuring the members here, so we need photos of you. ^_^

Annik
10-14-2004, 09:44 AM
.-.

Queen-of-Mars
10-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Ah, okay. I suppose i'll start it out. O.o

Uh..it was from homecoming last year(Senior year) ^^; I had to show the blingbling that strangely enough didn't belong to me, but my mother.

Die Tod von Euch
10-14-2004, 09:46 AM
*points to her post above* Heh. Sorry. Pictures of yourself, only. ^_^;

edit: and everyone be sure to constantly check back at my first post for any updates, etc. Thanks.

Baby Thomas
10-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Of yourself. It's a calendar featuring the members here, so we need photos of you. ^_^

You meaning all of us or just one person?

Die Tod von Euch
10-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I mean of any who want to be in it. If you want to be in it, then let me know, and be sure to have a good picture ready. ^_^ We want to make this feature the lovely members here at AG-er..AF.

Queen-of-Mars
10-14-2004, 09:51 AM
*points to her post above* Heh. Sorry. Pictures of yourself, only. ^_^;
What, did you think I was going to give you a picture of my car? XD

I guess it didn't want to load, so let me try again.

http://www.geocities.com/lisa_rei/BlingBling.jpg

Die Tod von Euch
10-14-2004, 09:53 AM
It's very small. Do you have a larger one that's clearer? If so, please email ([email protected])it to me.

Queen-of-Mars
10-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Done. ^_^

Suzuna
10-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Wow. Get back to me in 2006 when my Suzuna cosplay is done. We'll see then. :D

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-14-2004, 10:31 AM
I guess I'll pin this...

Should I un-pin the old one, close it, delete it, or leave it be?

Princess Mononoke
10-14-2004, 11:21 AM
yay my idea! oh wait my ideas never work here.... *hides*

gadgetgirl16
10-14-2004, 01:29 PM
wow....this again ^^ ive already send my pic to u....how many pics do u want?

MistressPookyChan
10-14-2004, 02:36 PM
re-send the pics. We need as many as we can get.

Fabala
10-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Pushing for next year are we?

MistressPookyChan
10-14-2004, 03:08 PM
The goal was always 2005

Fabala
10-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Yes, but there's significantly less time now is what I'm saying.

Daenerys
10-14-2004, 04:57 PM
So we should just send like forty pictures of ourselves? o.O or ten?

MistressPookyChan
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Id say 6 is a decent number. what do you think DoY?

Reiko: its do-able.

Die Tod von Euch
10-14-2004, 08:44 PM
6 is good, yeah. Then the designers can decide which are best to use. *nods*

Princess Mononoke
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
i just sent 4, i hope they are good enough

Die Tod von Euch
10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Alrighty, saved the images for later review by whoever we get as designers, and added ya to the model list.

I think I'll keep the casting open until a week from today. So, next Friday, the 22nd, will be the last day to enter as a model.

Karel
10-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Gah.. why do I have the urge to help poor Cassie, Ok I'll help out. You don't seem to give up on this so I'll lend a hand.

Not sure what I'm suppose to do :p

Die Tod von Euch
10-15-2004, 06:19 PM
You saying you want to be a model? If so, you can email me or PM me the photos you want to submit. (6 would be great, no more, but less is fine.) Not all photos will be used, but the designers will need a selection to choose from in order to pick the best one to use. Also, make sure they are all really clear and good quality. That means no digital photos unless the image is high quality. Okies? So, shall I put you down as a model?

Karel
10-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Go right ahead girly pie, I don't think I've too many pics from photos that currrently have how I look, most of them are from my Digital camcorder or webcam. But... I've millions of pics, so there should be atleast six or more that might do the trick.

oh yeah.. I'll mail you some when I come back from work.. I'm very picky choosing pics so this may take a while. :p

Vetus
10-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Niaaaaa! This forum is full of wonderful ideas! I'll take a digital photo of myself tomorrow and send it immediately!http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/photo.gif (http://animeforum.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=60#)

MistressPookyChan
10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
dont forget to make sure your image is big when you send it. a size of 1024x763 should be fine.

Karel
10-17-2004, 08:15 PM
I have a problem with that.. hmm my pics may be around 640x400 the most I think, say being anything over that may cause lost of quality.. so I'll have to figure out how to enhance them or something.

Die Tod von Euch
10-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Just send what you can. The biggest you can. If you can't get them as big as Pooky said, don't worry about it. Just as long as they aren't tiny, and they are good quality.

Karel
10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
There, I sent you an E-mail Cassie, a folder compressed.. not my best pics.. but they are of better quality than the rest.

MistressPookyChan
10-18-2004, 06:16 AM
yeah, the bigger the better, but no worries. The images are going to be a different style this time.

Suzuna
10-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Wow, no one's sending anything in.. if you guys still need people, I have a few pictures.

Cless Alvein
10-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Are guys allowed to play too? So far I don't see any participating.

MistressPookyChan
10-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Anyone! would be nice to see some guys joining in.

Cless Alvein
10-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Hm. I'll submit a few pics if nobody else will, then. Shame on
you all for not participating. :badrazz:

Die Tod von Euch
10-21-2004, 01:22 PM
We have a guy, too. Karel is a guy. You are also very welcome to join, Lance. ^_^ And you, too, Suzuna. I'll add you both to the list.

Edit: And everyone PLEASE remember to keep checking back with the first post of this thread for any and all updates on things such as deadlines and the model list. Thanks.

Daenerys
10-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Would we be able to just send you like 284745 images, and let you pick which ones to go?

Die Tod von Euch
10-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Heh, well maybe not that many... But, yes, you are more than welcome to send a bunch of pics. It's encouraged, actually. ^_^

Side note: OMG, you have the chibi dancing Gojyo for your av!!!! XD

Die Tod von Euch
10-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Hate to double post like this, but people need to know that there are updates (and aren't likely to check the thread unless they see it's been posted on recently). Besides, we need to start moving into the next stage. Meaning...DESIGN.

Now, input and ideas are needed (and extremely welcome). There are not many models, so shall we make it a one-page deal with all the months set out on it and a collage of pictures in the background, or shall it be two pages with six months each? Or, perhaps, a totally different concept entirely?

Once we figure out the division of months and pictures and such, we need to start appointing designers. I really only think two, possibly three designers max. What do you guys think?

Karel
10-29-2004, 02:09 PM
You've been so Busy Cassie, you hardly have time to do that. Well I wish I could help beyond pics.. but I'm just a drunk Pirate.

Suzuna
11-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Maybe one person for every two months? Or if quality is really bad, some people can double up.

Fabala
11-02-2004, 12:35 PM
=/ Now I feel bad for not participating. Well, if it won't screw things up at this point, perhaps I could take a few photos. And could very likely get SGI to agree to having his put in (I have a bunch of him).

So how many models are you looking at (without the possible addition of he and I)?

Princess Mononoke
11-03-2004, 04:39 PM
i still say one page collage... easiest one.

Cless Alvein
11-03-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm going to drop out of this. You seem to have plenty of people now without
me, and nobody actually wants to see a picture of me, even if I had some
handy.

Die Tod von Euch
11-04-2004, 02:17 AM
Reiako: We have a list of 7 models, but it may only be 6 if Vetus never sends pictures.

Lance: You've been removed. Thank you for letting me know.

So we have a vote for having two months per person and a vote for having it an all-in-one collage. Opinions, everyone?

Note on pictures/modeling (because I know not enough people are going to check the firts post...like they should):
Despite the modeling submissions closing, you may enter to be a model if you send me the pictures as soon as you enter. In other words, don't enter, say you'll have the pictures soon, then never send them. Send me the pictures in the email stating that you want to be a model. Thank you. ^_^

Princess Mononoke
11-09-2004, 05:33 PM
so whats the word?

Die Tod von Euch
11-09-2004, 06:52 PM
The word is that we have 6 models now. And, we seem to have a vote for a single page collage and a vote for splitting it up with two months per person.

So, everyone please vote either way so we can decide which to do.

Also, we need volunteers for designers. Please do not volunteer if you don't really think you'll have time for it or anything like that... -_-;

Edit: I think we'll start out with just two designers. If they feel they need help, we'll enlist more. Ok?

MistressPookyChan
11-10-2004, 02:52 AM
if there are only six, I'd go with a collage. Boys know they can be models too, right? Heck, If you need more photos, I'll throw a couple in.

I'm mainly volunteering for designing, but I think you knew that already...

Die Tod von Euch
11-10-2004, 03:58 AM
if there are only six, I'd go with a collage. Boys know they can be models too, right? Heck, If you need more photos, I'll throw a couple in.

I'm mainly volunteering for designing, but I think you knew that already...
My only question is how big would making a 12 month / 6 picture collage be? We shouldn't have it too big, you know. But, if you think that it can be made to be a reasonable size, then that's probably a good way to go. Unless a lot of people post otherwise, that's likely what we'll do.

You're more than welcome to be a model if you've already got some pictures ready. :)

And yeah, I thought you might volunteer for designing, but it's always good to be sure. ^_^ You're added to the list now. That means we only need one other designer.

MistressPookyChan
11-10-2004, 05:42 AM
you might want to advertize for designers in AW. they havent been leaving the forum much since the site went to AF.

I was thinking of making a collage (or different styles of collages; colors, pictures, style, etc) and putting one month's calendar on each. Might be easier to read than putting a bunch of months on the same image.

Die Tod von Euch
11-14-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm confused now. So, you're suggesting a collage of pictures for each month? I don't think we have that many pictures...

MistressPookyChan
11-14-2004, 07:12 AM
it doesnt have to be a unique collage for each month. maybe season?

Die Tod von Euch
11-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I'd say that would work, except that the pictures this time are non-seasonal. They may end up looking a bit out of place... And remember, we have six people, and there's four seasons...

We could always go with Suzuna's suggestion of two months per person... Or, maybe someone else has an idea, too? C'mon, people, add your two cents!

Suzuna
11-14-2004, 05:22 PM
How big are most people's pics? That would influence my vote a lot.

Die Tod von Euch
11-14-2004, 06:22 PM
The picture sizes vary. We have big, and we have small.

Variable_Gunbuster
11-23-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm just a spectator, so will you guys sell the calendar? Or is it a virtual thing were we'll be able to see it on AF?...confuzzled again.....

Die Tod von Euch
11-24-2004, 05:09 AM
It's not going to be sold. It'll just be posted here for all to enjoy.

And thanks for knocking a little life back into this thread...

Have we decided on a format, or shall we simply leave the formatting and division of pics-to-months up to the designers? If so, let me know. I need to send the designers the pictures...

Die Tod von Euch
12-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Alright, hate to double post in my own thread thing, but I kinda think it's needed (otherwise, no one would think to look).

I was hoping we could get this done before the end of the year, but it's not looking like that's going to be an option. At least it would be good if we got it finished before half of January goes by.

So, this is what I'm thinking... I need the designers to tell me if I should, but... I was thinking I'd send the designers the pictures that were sent to me, and pretty much pass the torch down to them. It'll be the designers who run it from there, for the most part, because they'll be deciding how it's going to be formated, etc. If any of the images need to be replaced, the designers should simply contact that person personally.

How's that?

Queen-of-Mars
12-29-2004, 05:48 AM
How many pictures do you have?

MistressPookyChan
12-29-2004, 02:14 PM
I have gotten no pictures so far, so perhaps the project died?

Die Tod von Euch
12-30-2004, 11:31 AM
No, it didn't die. Neither you nor Doi/Ape have responded on this since my last post to say if you want to do it that way or not. If you'd like, then I can send them to you later today or tomorrow.

Myrra
01-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I'd be willing to let you use one of the pics of me in my red dress if you want. Let me know if you need the link and I'll give it to you

MistressPookyChan
01-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I figured you would just let me and doi/ape know when you got the pictures in...

Myrra
01-04-2005, 12:13 PM
The link is http://s04.imagehost.org/1166/1Mereddress.jpg

Queen-of-Mars
01-25-2005, 08:57 AM
So is this calendar thing ever going to happen? O.o Every now and then i'll look through this thread and wonder about it. Would be nice to see it go through with a bunch of different faces everywhere.

Daenerys
01-26-2005, 09:59 PM
I gave up on it, and I know a few other people who have.

Die Tod von Euch
02-03-2005, 06:00 PM
The pictures have been emailed to Pooky and Doi. (although, I think I may have to re-send one of the emails to Doi, because I got a message back sayin' it couldn't be delivered)

...heh...sorry it took so long. I had to re-check a couple of my email accounts to make sure I had all the pictures received and such... -_-

Anyway, hopefully this will get done sometime...heh..yeah.

Karel
02-07-2005, 12:10 PM
The pictures have been emailed to Pooky and Doi. (although, I think I may have to re-send one of the emails to Doi, because I got a message back sayin' it couldn't be delivered)

...heh...sorry it took so long. I had to re-check a couple of my email accounts to make sure I had all the pictures received and such... -_-

Anyway, hopefully this will get done sometime...heh..yeah.
Good luck CassieCakes, don't know if people even look at this thread.. but I wish everyone participated.. least we'd get enough pics that way.

Robin Goodfellow
02-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Do NOT Spam the Forums.
If you have nothing to contribute to the subject than don't post.

--Klutz