PDA

View Full Version : Megumi Ogata...

Fabala
10-13-2004, 06:07 AM
...singer and seiyuu extraordinaire, also known as em:ou, is releasing a new cd in Japan on the 22nd.
Here's the link: http://www.mellow-head.jp/ogata.html

I'm just stoked, because I adore her and her wonderful versatility so XD Anyone else a fan? Anyone else going to jump for that cd when it comes out?

MistressPookyChan
10-13-2004, 06:20 AM
Never heard of her except from you, so I'll be sure to check out the CD when it comes out. is this her first CD?

[BlackDeath]
10-13-2004, 06:29 AM
this is the first ive heard of her aswell, so i take it you like her a lot and you would recomend getting some music by her? well i'll have to look into her some more xD

Fabala
10-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Ummm...not the first, not in the least ^^;;; She's been doing it over 10 years now, I think. Well, all her life, really.

You'd know her as Shinji (Eva), Haruka/Petz/Young Mamoru (Sailor Moon), Kurama (YYH), Emeraude/Eagle (MKR), Reiha/Matsukaze (Vampire Princess Miyu), Sizer (Violinist of Hameln - the character in my sig), and heaps more.

[BlackDeath]
10-13-2004, 07:18 AM
so what is she mainly voice talent then?

Fabala
10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Singer and seiyuu so...yeah, I guess, in that respect.

I mean, she's a fantastic actress (stage, radio shows, anime, songs, etc.), and plays multiple instruments as well as having written many of her own original songs. She's also in recent years pulled away from an affiliated production company (started her own), so...while she's having more trouble it seems with getting roles, I find it most impressive.

Oh, and just got married a few months ago XD

[BlackDeath]
10-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Well she certainly has an impressive career record ^^, any tracks you would recomend to me? It just gets so tedious just typing in someones name and downloading everything on the list!

Fabala
10-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Anime:
Kurayami Ni Akai Bara ~Romantic Soldier~ (YYH - Kurama)
Kouri No Knife Wo Daite (YYH - Kurama)
Tsumi (MKR - Emeraude)
Yami no Yume (MKR - Emeraude)
Run (MKR - Eagle)
Unmei no Route (MKR - Eagle)
Kanashimi Yo, Ten Ni Todoke (Hameln - Sizer)
Runner (Macross)
Reiha Hitori (Vampire Princess Miyu)
Jitensha Ni Notte (Cardcaptor Sakura)
-Rasen-
Hohoemi No Bakudan (YYH - opening)
Do You Remember Love? (Macross - she sings her own version)
Bara wa utsukushiku chiru (Rose of Versailles - again, she sings her own version in an old style)
Zankoku na Tenshi no Teeze (Eva - she sang her own version in concert, complete with a Shinji scream)

Non-anime:
Sailing To You (Pure oddity.)
Akai Kawa (Something about this one makes me think of Egypt.)
Never, Neverland (About a child refusing to grow up.)
Wakaranai Desho ("You Don't Know, Do You?")
Endless Love (In short: Bohemian Rhapsody meets Japanese singer. It's a trip.)
Far Away ~Mizuiro No Tori~ (Beautiful piece.)
Eien Yori Nagai Mirai E (This is a love song between a man and woman made interesting because she sings both parts)
Coming Out (The song that made many suspect she was a lesbian XD Say no more.)
Can't Go Back My Mission (Upbeat.)
Shiokaze Ni Nosete (A slow Haruka image song she wrote.)
Hit Man (Sexy voice XD)
Freedom
"Sunrise, Sunset"
Sakura
Jealousy No Aza
breath (Odd music.)
Kizutsukanai Ai wa Iranai (For some reason she reminds me of Sailor Moon's Minako in this.)
Kaze ni Naru (A fast-paced Haruka image song she wrote)
Deep Blue
Platonic Surf Boy
"Macchi" Uri no Shoujo
Lost Paradise (Duet with Yoko Takahashi)

I'll add more as I think of them. I tried to condense it as much as possible, honest! ^^;;; I just love everything.

[BlackDeath]
10-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow well isnt that a long list xD, i'll have to look into them sometime ^^

Fabala
10-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Let me know when/if you do, eh? I've found there are usually two kinds of people who listen to her. Those who end up loving and adoring her, and those who simply refuse to look past her playing several masculine/lesbian anime roles and find every reason to dislike her without actually listening =/ Ah well.

Suzuna
10-20-2004, 01:56 AM
What program would you recommend using to get these? Or better yet, is there a tracker that has her songs on them?

Fabala
10-20-2004, 02:02 AM
As I'm using a Mac, I've had to use LimeWire. However I know WinMX, Kazaa, etc. have had her songs scattered throughout. Just have to look ^^