PDA

View Full Version : Rules, please.

MistressPookyChan
10-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Seems to be a lot of confusion on what is allowed and appropriate, and what isnt. For example, I'm a lot more relaxed on certain things than others and visa versa. Can you give me a link to the rules (including what is considered a swear word) so that I can pass it on to others? Many are being accused of violating rules but they seem to have no idea what exactly the rules are so they dont think they are doing anything wrong. Thanks.

Princess Minako
10-11-2004, 07:02 AM
anything profane, sexually-oriented (which can be a bit more lax in your forum as per wallpapers), harassing, obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The rules are right where you have to click on "I agree" when you signed up for an account. The present rules forgot "profane" from the original board but it will be edited in soon enought.

The Goddess has Spoken

MistressPookyChan
10-11-2004, 02:42 PM
The issue that seems that most are confused about is what is considered a swear word. Some say 'suck' is, some don't. Some say 'crap' or 'ass' is, others don't. Makes it confusing when there isnt a master list so the mods/admin have to go with their gut instinct on what is considered swearing.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-11-2004, 09:33 PM
And on a related note what about pictures/signatures flipping the biird?

MistressPookyChan
10-11-2004, 09:54 PM
That's another question I had as well. Seems like a free-for-all at the moment.

Princess Minako
10-12-2004, 03:36 AM
sigs "Flipping the bird is inappropriate" As soon as the mod forum comes back into sight I will address the list there. I'd feel a bit hypocritical listing swears in the open O_o; As for now I think that this convo would be best taken up when the forum comes back. I will make a post there as soon as it does.

The Goddess has Spoken

MistressPookyChan
10-12-2004, 03:38 AM
But what about the people that post here? Shouldnt they know what they can and cannot do too? better than "surprise! you said a swear word!"

Princess Minako
10-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Think FCC regulations. If you have a question on the appropriateness of a word PM a mod, I can check PM's and the board from work now that I have a desk job so I will be able to reply back, those who have PM'ed me have actually noticed that I have responded more in the past few days than my whole time before combined.

The Goddess has Spoken

Daenerys
10-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Isn't it best to just say the only words that we won't consider swears is hell and damn?