PDA

View Full Version : Please educate me!!!

TheDoor
10-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Hello-

Can anbody please recomend some good anime/manga films to me, I have recently descovered the beauty and magic of these films so any advice?

I have seen within the last year; akira, ghost in the shell, appleseed, tank police, street fighter, memories, perfect blue and the awesome spirited away.

Out of these films three really stand out, perfect blue, memories and spirited away... so any films you can recommend which are in a similar vain to these please enlighten me!

increase the peace

the door

SGI
10-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Hmmm the closest thing I can think of at this momment (its 6AM in Australia) to Perfect Blue is Serial Experiment Lain, it's a little more out of reality than PB but it has a simmilar psychological madness to it.

And Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a better incarnate of the Ghost in the Shell universe by far.

If you liked the first Memories chapter (Maddame Butterfly), then Crest of the Stars may be for you.

And get Gundam:0080 War in the Pocket, just trust me on that one.

EIENNI
10-06-2004, 03:38 PM
vampire hunter D, vampire miyu, gunsmith cats,blood,angel sanctuary.

lots more

Anime_Overload
10-06-2004, 04:49 PM
FIgure 17, Outlaw Star, Robotech, Mobile Suit Gundum, Tenchi Muyo, Inuyasha, and Chobits just to list a few.

Annik
10-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I saw Perfect Blue. That one was awesome.

Some other really outstanding animes were Kite, Serial Experiments Lain, Saiyuki, Samurai X [three DVD's.... I liked this series better than Rurouni Kenshin]. I would add in Gravitation and DN Angel, but I haven't seen the anime, just read the mangas, and I'm not sure you're into those... >_>;

A really perverted, but incredibly funny, anime was Golden Boy. o_o;

XxJBxX
10-07-2004, 08:10 AM
InuYasha. Ranma 1/2, Love Hina, Maison Ikkoku, Jubei-Chan, Urusei Yatsura, Rorouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Naruto, Initial D, Vampir Hunter D, Vampire Princess Miyu, YuYu Hakusho, and the Tenchi Muyo! series :)