PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like anime?

Havana
10-03-2004, 06:17 PM
What made you like anime in the first place, is it the story, characters, or other.
Just post your opinions about it.

XxJBxX
10-03-2004, 07:22 PM
cuz its Uber COOL. and Asians made 'em too :)

Terra
10-04-2004, 04:42 AM
it's cool. And the characters r kinda funny. especially when they are annoyed or iritated or angry.http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Shinkono Kokoro
10-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I just like anime. I think it's a very awesome art style, very expressive, I love the stories, they're really creative and very amusing. I love the animation and the Asians rock. ^_^ lol. I love the Japanese language. I'm attempting to learn it, however, with time constraints on my life... ((arg, namely school and homeowork)), I haven't really had time.

TerraN EmpirE
10-04-2004, 06:29 PM
The babes, the guns, the chicks, the mechs, the dames, the humor, the ladies, the absurdity oh and did i mention the hotties? :o

XxJBxX
10-04-2004, 06:56 PM
oh ya i forgot about the hot anime chicks. they're also another reason why i watch anime. :)

Fujiwara-Takumi
10-04-2004, 07:00 PM
I luv anime for all of it's "special reasons" even though i don't know many. I just luv'em^_^:D

gadgetgirl16
10-05-2004, 12:24 PM
i like anime, b/c of the story line and there are no stupid and pointless story lines like american animation and also i like the qulity(spell?) of the animation and its not cheep like american....and also, i like the adult stuff in anime and also the action and drama......it reminds me of real-life tv but its animated with cool effics and stuff.....^^

red storm
10-06-2004, 02:17 AM
The drawing style, it's just so cool!

Annik
10-06-2004, 09:09 AM
I really don't know.

I just know that I watch anime but I can barely sit through an actual movie.

Plus, I'm attracted to anime characters. O_o; No, I mean attracted.

So much so that I have no interest in real people.

EIENNI
10-06-2004, 03:29 PM
it lets you get away from the real world.

i dont know y i watch them but when i do i cant look a\w

Vetus
10-07-2004, 02:17 PM
For lots of reasons. The main one is that anime mix perfectly fantasy with reality. They make you escape from the real world and learn about it (the real world) from another, unique view (either humorous or dramatic).

PS: Until recently, I didn't expected that the funky hairstyles and kawai shool uniforms we see in anime are used in the real life in Japan! Kakkoii!

JiruCloud
10-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Anime is the ultimate escape. It can take you anywhere you wish to go. You can go to outer space or to a Japanese apartment. The characters are always people you can relate with, even if they are the extreme version of someone. The art is amazing and most authors are able to vividly weave tales that will never leave your mind. I love anime and manga. I just wish everyone knew how cool it was. Peace out.

Regex
10-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Anime is the ultimate escape. It can take you anywhere you wish to go. You can go to outer space or to a Japanese apartment. The characters are always people you can relate with, even if they are the extreme version of someone. The art is amazing and most authors are able to vividly weave tales that will never leave your mind. I love anime and manga. I just wish everyone knew how cool it was. Peace out.
I've found books work better for that. Leaving more to the imagination causes you to identify a bit more.

The babes, the guns, the chicks, the mechs, the dames, the humor, the ladies, the absurdity oh and did i mention the hotties?
0_o Have you no shame whatsoever?

CrimsonLumiere
10-07-2004, 05:52 PM
I Like
it cause all my dreams are there my deepest wishes and many more

crystal_rose
10-08-2004, 05:53 AM
well.....mainly the drawings. they are just awesome! i like almost every shonen-character i see but i like (in a different way:p ) shoujo-characters too. and anime can sometimes do things that are more exaggerated but more cooler than real people. plus, there are different genres, and all kinds of stories, and not so many happy-endings. usually animation is considered for kids, but anime is, you know, for all ages.

well, those are the main reasons anyway.

peace:cool:

Inuyasha_c14
10-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I watch anime cause it has a lot of interesting story lines, the charactors seem almst real with their personalities,I find that I can relate to some charactors, and I find that it's just realy cool. I don't care what the other so called "cool" kids say.

Vetus
10-08-2004, 02:41 PM
...and I find that it's just realy cool. I don't care what the other so called "cool" kids say.
You 're absolutely right, dude! :cool: Do whatever you really want and not what the other ones do! Be yourself! ;)

Nami-san
10-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Its something that is new and we love. Something different than any other cartoons we've seen which is cool. The characters, the stories, the artwork everything its all so good it makes us want to see more of it and learn from it. Its like the creator are sharing their dreams and imaginations into the wide screens.

dragoninja
10-11-2004, 05:33 AM
For me its an escape from reality. Wether its a fantasy, the past, future, or just something you wish was real ... its like watching a dream.

Vetus
10-11-2004, 06:30 AM
Its something that is new and we love.
It's NOT something new. Anime exist since 1918, when "Momotaro" makes its appearance on cinemas. It just became more famous the latest years ('80s was the golden decade for anime). Maybe you should check out anime's history, will ya? ;)

mic713
10-12-2004, 05:48 AM
coz i can escape reality from it?? lolz j/k.......well maybe that IS why.....anyway, i watch anime also coz some sence is so cool and basically to kill time. Believe or not, to me anime is just like manga, i cant help wathcing/reading it, im just too addicate to it~~

animeglobe
10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
because it anime is way cooler than cartoon i mean cartoons are wack

Vetus
10-12-2004, 05:15 PM
...and as you can say that in japanese, animeglobe-chan:
KAKKOII!!!http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/grinjump.gif (http://animeforum.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=58#)

Fabala
10-12-2004, 06:10 PM
I like a good anime the way I like a good book or movie. There are certain aspects I'm drawn to, and really appreciate once having seen them.

Anime is...well, it has the potential of a storyline to grab and hold your attention, imagery to amaze, and actors who make it all come alive (can you tell I'm a seiyuu fan?).

[BlackDeath]
10-13-2004, 01:13 AM
My dad got me into anime, hes a anime collector and i watched some of the videos he had and that got me hooked instantly, that was about 12 years ago. Other factors in my love for anime also was the fact that i am an artist and i love and respect the work of all, well most of the anime artists (especially Masamune Shirow - the Legend himself in manga and anime history), i also have Asian blood in me and have relative all over that continent so its natural that i would have similar intreset to my Japanese relatives, and well thats it for me xD

Kumi
10-17-2004, 05:00 AM
I guess i never really put any thought into it but who cares?!? i like bc i do......i don't know why or care the only thing that matters it that we all like anime!

authier
10-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Anime is my reality that saves me from this cruel *Expletive deleted* of a world

Vetus
10-17-2004, 07:53 PM
My dad got me into anime, hes a anime collector and i watched some of the videos he had and that got me hooked instantly, that was about 12 years ago.Black_Death, you lucky dog!!! I wish I had a father like that!

Meiyu_chan
10-17-2004, 09:59 PM
I like the drawings/sketches. Maybe thats why I like anime.

nikumi
11-17-2004, 03:00 PM
No one really got me n 2 anime.I just started watching it & liked it a lot.:D

elite kippyhat
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
just start? wow

elite kippyhat
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
I like the action/ animation hehe

Dark_Misery
11-17-2004, 11:23 PM
For me its an escape from reality. Wether its a fantasy, the past, future, or just something you wish was real ... its like watching a dream.

^ I agree...I'm like that too...always wanting and praying for it to be real..but its not. I'm still hooked on it though ^^

aiko_chan
11-18-2004, 12:41 AM
There are a lot of reasons why I like anime. Probably the biggest reason, in my opinion, is that it offers an escape from reality. Another reason that I watch anime is simply because I HATE most American television shows. In anime, they tend to do a better job of developing the characters and the plotline. Also, the art and music in most anime are amazing.

Pakachu
11-18-2004, 01:26 AM
cuz it entertains me.

ktaro_chan
11-18-2004, 11:01 AM
woah..anime is great!! it's very interesting and quite cool. i love it. very...creative and artistic and the stories want you to keep reading them. well there are various reasons for liking anime but i just don't know what. in fact...sometimes i dont even remember how i even knew about anime.

||°*+¨TaRkEmI¨+*°||
11-18-2004, 04:18 PM
o.o ´cause is great xD
i really love this kind of art *-*
besides, i´m really into asian culture >=D

Boo
11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
My brother started me into it....and i like it because how they draw unlike human portrits........

Zingo
11-18-2004, 05:10 PM
I like anime because it's entertaining. Been watching since I was a little kid. Anime is really an escape from reality. And it's better then the stuff i watch on tv

Metaldork
11-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I like anime for the character drawing, and what Zingo said "It's an escape from reality

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
I like Anime because of the artwork, the bizzare situations, and pretty much any other reason you can think of.

I don't watch it much, but when I do, it's a treat from normal TV.

elite kippyhat
11-18-2004, 06:12 PM
because the graphics and the comedy are to die for.. - just a phrase... :D hehehe

Shadowstarr
11-20-2004, 09:29 PM
umm...
i havn't really thought about this b4
but io like anime bcause of the graphics, the stories and ya.... it'svery interesting cuse it's like a differ dimension. i wonder how the world be if the world was in a anime type of world....

*Nosferatu-Adore
11-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Yup... I've got the same problem, Fullmetal. I am completely going to have NO direction in my lovelife... Whatever. At least I can see hot anime guys whenever I turn on the tv :) I really want to know how those Japanese folk can actually DRAW CARTOONS that we can become ATTRACTED to!!!!

Jishu
01-14-2005, 10:15 PM
My yaya (guardian) saw anime in a TV channel and let me watch it because the drawing and art was good. That's when I started watching and loving anime. It was because of the art and story. But eventually, when I grew, I didn't really care for the looks of the anime character anymore. All that mattered to me was the story. ^_^ .

ancientsilence
02-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Hmm... I'd have to say the intriging story lines was what really got me into anime - once I knew it was anime, that is ^_^;. At least that was the case with the first show that I watched that I KNEW was anime. I was 15 at the time, and the thing is, I found out that Samurai Pizza Cats, a show I loved when I was 6 (!) was an anime. In other words, I had heard about anime, didn't know what it was until I was 15, discovered it, and found out I had already been watching it for years and already liked it. Oh, yeah, and sometimes, if I'm feeling tired, the anime doesn't have to have a strong plot for me to like it. It just doesn't have to be too stupid that I'm about to cuss at the show at times.

nivek5
02-13-2005, 09:38 AM
i like anime because the drawing in most anime i love is really good and i amire it a lot

Ashminigun
02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
why do i like anime, you ask? I answered, 'cause it's entertaining and it's lot better than the american cartoon show and it has diverse of storyline and theme. Everything can be turn into an anime and some become a hit. It reflects real human emotion and expression according to the age/situation/background of the character of the story. It suitable to watch according to it's target market age. the art of the character design is totally different to it's american counterpart, big eyes, gravity -defied hair style, artificial celulliod body make -up, you name it, they got it. they mostly attracted the male viewer ( you know what i mean) and sometimes the female viewers go ga -ga over cute/handsome guy character whatever it's good or villian. the storyline it's not empty; it has moral value behind, life lesson that sometimes important but we take for granted in real -life. it make you feel that you are in the anime itself and try being their shoes, what it feel like to be them. 'nough say...

Kogoro
02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
all. but I guess characters mostly and it's japanese

sparkiest fox
05-01-2005, 07:47 PM
I like anime because the shows are really cool especially inu yasha

sakura gohan mathers
05-01-2005, 08:29 PM
the reason i like anime is because it is cool and the guy's they draw are kinda hot?:love: :sweatdrop and cuz i do and if you have a problem with that then you can kiss my shiney metal a$$!! thank you bender

Sexy Angel
05-02-2005, 04:38 AM
i liked anime since i was, i think, in elementary..i grew fond of watching anime because it's incredible stories and cute bishounen!!^-^

1withanime
05-06-2005, 02:47 PM
It would have to be the action, the girls, the story the animation, it just rocks

Sword
05-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I like anime because I really like video games and animes are the closest T.V. shows to games you can get.

Thunder wolf
05-08-2005, 06:44 AM
i like em because of the art style and the way the characters react to other characters.

mike2yang
05-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Well who wouldnt like anime its the best. Plus i am asian and it is made by asians but some anime are american. The american ones arent as good as the japanese animes though.

Vash_2007
05-15-2005, 01:48 AM
I think my most favorite thing about anime why I like it so much is the art its just outstanding how they can get evry little detail in a anime character its just insane O_O

~Pure Soul~
07-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Im not sure why I love it.But I got into it cause I love inuyasha and if he was real i'll marry him.

Beautiful_Disaster
07-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Im not sure why I love it.But I got into it cause I love inuyasha and if he was real i'll marry him.Lol!Marry Inuyasha?!Hehe,o well i won't stop u from loving him ^^
O i like anime because it's entertaining!

Suki The Werecat
07-15-2006, 09:05 AM
i don't know i guess ive just always liked it...

Dragon-Heart
07-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Hmmm. Its funny to try to understand them talking in japanese. and when i'm bored out of my mind, i daydream myself as an anime character in my favorite anime.

Viola
07-15-2006, 02:02 PM
I like it because it can be serious. The themes in it are more adult and the drawings are very detailed. I also like the way the characters have blown out of porportion personalities and are over emotional.

Plus, there are many different styles and kinds of Anime for anyone. It's universal!
->.<-

ryku isaigana
07-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Anime has a lot of true things in it. Mostly every character has a small personality of me. I guess I like anime and manga because i see some of myself in it. I'm sure everyone does.

Serenith Youkai
07-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Anime, fo me, is a helper in life and for entertainment. There are alot of life lessons that can be learned in some animes' and sometimes you can watch an anime and see how one character is in the same position as you in life whether it is problems or something good. It's also entertaining to see characters go through humorous situations.

Viola
07-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I agree Serenith. It's very much as you say. But mostly It's because I can relate to it. Most of the characters are going through the same experience as people in reality. Or are going through something that you know you will be eventually in life. Or ar experiencing something...you wish you could have the pleasure of experiencing.

Sabrina Elric
07-15-2006, 07:41 PM
I am in a harry potter Rp and one of my friends kept ranting about a certain series until I finally decided to see it. After that I became obessed and know I love it.

Matiron
07-18-2006, 12:04 PM
I like anime because it is different than any other cartoons, and most have such cool storylines. I haven't watched many yet, but the ones I have watched are so cool, makes me excited to watch more. They are all like the world I wish I was in, which makes them more exciting to watch. And they have awesome fight scenes.

Sado Yasutora
07-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Because it's funny, entertaining & something to watch when you're bored.