PDA

View Full Version : Why does our Anime need a point?

Paradox Vincent
09-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Why does Anime have to have a point? I've met so many people who think Anime has to have some kind of Action, point, has to be long. I don't think it needs to have a point, just be enjoyable. Who's seen Napoleon Dynomite? It had no point whatsoever and it was still good. Who's with me on this one?

Darkasiangurl
09-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Some movbies or any anime dont have any pints I clearly think so to

Thalan
09-13-2004, 03:54 AM
Have to agree with you guys.
An anime serie can be real enjoyable even though it doesn't have a point.Though I prefer more serious series with much of character development.
Like Gundam SEED and RahXephon for example.

diule
09-13-2004, 02:43 PM
totaly,something can totaly be good without having a story line.the anime golen boy has no main story and it was awsome(my most favorite comical anime)

when it comes to comedy,and love strories its usually better without a main story line.

but once in a while i like something with a strong story line like berserk.

Sega saturn x
09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
You know why becaue its to the exsteame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nullpunkt
09-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Along the same lines (sort of) as Saint Mana was saying, a great example would be Futurama. While not an anime in the purest sense of the word, it is nonetheless technically an anime by genre and style, same as Red vs. Blue. And both have absolutely no point to them. Even though Futurama at least has some sort of storyline, Red vs. Blue really doesn't have anything. Which is great *grins*.