PDA

View Full Version : Bad Anime Sequels

PictureGuy
08-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Let's talk about bad anime sequels.

I nominate FLC Alternative and FLCL Progressive, not that they were all that terrible. They were terrible, not not all that much. Mostly they fall way short of the original FLCL.

FLCL was the most insanely original anime of all time. Yes, there are a lot of "originals," but I am talking about insanely original. The plot was secondary to eccentric characters, not including Naota the protagonist, moving, or pushed, at breakneck speed lead by Haruko, a totally crazed alien.

For FLCL Alternative and Progressive, Haruko returns. But all the new characters are dull and slow. Nothing of real interest happens.

I did not expect the inspired, and warped, magic of the original FLCL to be duplicated, but I did not expect something which would spoil the reputation of FLCL.

Your turn.

Takatofan1986
08-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Digimon Tri. Ugh. No thank you. I hope the next movie is better. (Technically 6 movies, but was originally going to be a series and just got condensed, so I still think of it as a series.)

(Also Digimon Young Hunters since it was a direct sequel to Xros wars, which also wasn't the greatest, but better than YH.)

As I've said, I'm a picky anime fan, and so I haven't watched a ton of sequels, but most of the ones I have seen were at least fairly good.