PDA

View Full Version : Gungrave

truegamenerd
11-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, so about ten years ago I stumbled across an Anime based on a videogame called Gungrave. At first, I was rather turned off since the game was a generic action title but was pleasantly surprised when the anime turned out to be quite good. (All though the Mafia and action elements got a little weird towards the end.) I was wondering if anyway of you guys have watched it and would like to see what you thought as well.

(Not trying to spam but I do have a review of it that I did recently which explains the plot of the show to those that are interested. (Moderators, I apologize if I'm spamming by accident.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4mBWymHus

PictureGuy
11-18-2018, 08:44 AM
I watched it some time ago. It's a pretty good gangster story, sort of on the line of The Godfather and other such movies of the modern gangster genre. When it got into the sci-fi aspects of the story, it did suffer. Suddenly the series goes off into another totally different direction, although it was expected.

truegamenerd
11-20-2018, 11:23 PM
I agree. Personally, I liked the first half of the show a lot better all though the ending was fantastic. I just thought the transition was clumsy. Haha You can literally tell were the anime concept ended and the source art started.

PictureGuy
11-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Anyone want to start a thread on gangster anime? I'm short on time right now preparing to get out of town. But I can pick it up next week if someone else starts it now.