PDA

View Full Version : Any new Anime featuring adults?

sunnyside
01-31-2018, 09:29 PM
I suppose I'd be interested in older ones as well like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. But basically it seems like ever more anime features high schoolers, and it's getting old and a bit repetitive over time.

Plus maybe a little creepy.

Takatofan1986
01-31-2018, 09:47 PM
Not new, but I really enjoyed Space Brothers, about two brothers who dreamed of being an astronaut as a kid. At 28 and 30, the younger one is, the older isn't. But he gets another shot at it unexpectedly. There are occasional flashbacks to them being kids, but for the vast majority of the series they are adults.

Edit: Oh, and Space Dandy. .... Space Brothers and Space Dandy, lol.

PictureGuy
01-31-2018, 10:16 PM
Not new, but I really enjoyed Space Brothers, about two brothers who dreamed of being an astronaut as a kid. At 28 and 30, the younger one is, the older isn't. But he gets another shot at it unexpectedly. There are occasional flashbacks to them being kids, but for the vast majority of the series they are adults.

Edit: Oh, and Space Dandy. .... Space Brothers and Space Dandy, lol.

Adult Swim/Toonami is re-running Space Dandy. I missed much of it the first time through, but will make up for that now. It's a great dumb, but fun.

Space Brothers sounds like another anime I have seen. I can't remember the name of it, and searching I can't find it right now. It involved two friends, one American and one Japanese, who are mountain climbers. After conquering Mount Everest, they have no more mountains to climb. So they set a new goal for themselves -- to go to the moon. Each follows his own path. I only saw the first season.

Anime with adult characters:

Spice and Wolf
Stein's; Gate
Tiger and Bunny
Miss Hokusai
One Punch Man
Fate/Aprocrypha

Some of these may have a minor character who is a kid, but the principals are adults.

Kaitou Ace
01-31-2018, 11:08 PM
Hm... Lots of these are older shows, but ones I've enjoyed

Planetes
Gunsmith Cats
You're Under Arrest
Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Re:Creators (bit of a mix, but quite a few adult characters)
The Devil is a Part-timer
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (original, not the 2017 one)
Black Lagoon
Darker than Black
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (borderline, but most of the characters are adults)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

PictureGuy
02-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Black Lagoon does have Hansel and Grettle, two adorable little twins who are also cross-dressers and homicidal.

OK. Kids not for kids.

sunnyside
02-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Thanks, something to look into. I haven't seen a good new series with adults since. Hurm, it was either Ergo Proxy or Monster. (both of which I would recommend)

PictureGuy
02-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Thanks, something to look into. I haven't seen a good new series with adults since. Hurm, it was either Ergo Proxy or Monster. (both of which I would recommend)

Both are among my favorite anime series, although both do have children. Who can forget Ergo Proxy's little Pino. Then there is the child Johan from Monster. Cute kid.

sunnyside
02-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Both are among my favorite anime series, although both do have children. Who can forget Ergo Proxy's little Pino. Then there is the child Johan from Monster. Cute kid.

For purposes of this thread a kid or two someone in there doesn't disqualify a series, especially when they're secondary/supporting.

Though, actually, Pino wasn't a kid, and Johan was only a kid for part of the series.

PictureGuy
02-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Pino was an autorev, or an android, until she was effected by a virus which awakened emotions and did in fact turn her into a little girl. She and the monster were the most human characters in the series.