PDA

View Full Version : Great second seasons!

PictureGuy
08-03-2017, 08:50 PM
What anime series had a second season or a sequel that was better than the first season or the original?

I can think of two.

Freezing Vibrations is the second season or sequel to Freezing. It deals with female warriors with male assistants, all teens, who battle creatures threatening humanity. I started watching Freezing Vibrations and was intrigued by its tale of betrayal. But after a few episodes I realized it was the sequel to Freezing. So I stopped watching until I could go through all of the original Freezing. Needless to say, though I liked the second season I never would have watched it if I had watched Freezing first. In the first season, the girls fight each other more than the enemy, and the first to be sacrificed is their clothing. The first season was a T&A fest with no real story.

I liked Hell Girl, but the second season, Hell Girl: Two Mirrors was even better. Ai's clients and victims were all much more emotionally disturbed than they were in the first season. Now the first half of season three, Hell Girl: Three Vessels, was a disappointment. But I did like the payoff at the end. A fourth series is reportedly forthcoming.

Your turn.