PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Manga - need help to identify

FyeStar
05-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Prologue for Context; skip to description if you don't care

Quite a while ago (200X) I borrowed the first volume of a manga from my local library. They have since got rid of the volume and while I remember what happened in it, I've got no clue about the title. I'm hoping my explanation is enough for someone to help identify it. Below is the description of what I can remember - and think I can remember - but searching on Google hasn't returned any useful results as I only can plug in a random election of key phrases.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manga Description

The manga opens with two characters, a young(ish) girl and boy searching through a building of some kind, looking for a key. The manga is set in the future, and I kinda remember the building they're looking in being abandoned but less sure about that.

This key is the entry condition for a competition (?) and depending on the rarity of the key found, it determines at what ranking you start.

The girl (I believe) had some sort of robot with her and was maybe capable with hacking but it was the boy who was interested in finding the key to enter the competition.

Somehow they find the rarest key, and as a result the boy gets entered into the competition in the topmost ranking. However once the entry ceremony starts the entrants find out that by defeating other members in the society/guild/club/??? they can switch their ranking, and as the boy is pretty unexceptional he immediately gets demoted to the bottom due to fights.

I also vaguely remember something about them being able to do requests as well in order to buff their rankings (?) but I can't for the life of me remember why the rankings matter in the first place.