PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Book Challenge

Kleio
02-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Hey nerd, happy new year/valentines/easter/lent/fat tuesday/mardi gras/etc!

So last month I got this email from Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/)and apparently they are doing this book challenge where you say how many books you're going to read this year, and then, you know, you do it. I picked 12 because I didn't want to aim too high and get mad because I can't read 40 books this year. My stretch goal is 24 though.

So, how many books are yall gonna read this year?

I think we should make a game of it. Every time you finish a book this year, find this thread and tell us about it. Everything counts. Manga, novels, graphic novels, comics, novellas, short stores, etc.

Good luck and happy reading!

As an extra little tidbit, here is my Goodreads Account (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9667105-klee) so you can follow me and I can follow you back!

RunnerNoah
02-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Hello and that's a great book challenge. I would like to finish this one book by the end of the year. That's my goal.

Kleio
02-04-2017, 11:03 PM
One book??? Surely, you can read more than just the one!! What book is it??

RunnerNoah
02-05-2017, 08:48 PM
One book??? Surely, you can read more than just the one!! What book is it??

I am slowly reading it. After I finish reading a chapter, there are questions at the end that I must answer. You are welcome to read 'Disciplines of a Godly Man'. :) There is also Disciplines of a Godly Woman which I have not read yet, but I would like to see the perspective of a woman.

Kumagawa
02-15-2017, 09:13 PM
I put 1 book as a challenge on goodreads and already won lol

edit:

Hello and that's a great book challenge. I would like to finish this one book by the end of the year. That's my goal.

well damn it seems like we are kindred spirits

RunnerNoah
02-16-2017, 10:53 PM
I put 1 book as a challenge on goodreads and already won lol

edit:

well damn it seems like we are kindred spirits

Lol and what book are you reading?

Kumagawa
02-17-2017, 04:59 AM
Lol and what book are you reading?

Well atm im reading Infinite Jest but the book that made me win my book challenge was Diary of an Oxygen Thief.

RunnerNoah
02-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Well atm im reading Infinite Jest but the book that made me win my book challenge was Diary of an Oxygen Thief.

Cool-beans! Did you like Diary of an Oxygen Thief?

Kumagawa
02-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Did you like Diary of an Oxygen Thief?

I'd recommend it if that's what you mean

Anji.
03-26-2017, 12:49 PM
This is interesting and might prompt me to get out of my fanfiction unhealthy consumption lol. Also I need some new inspiration for my own writing.
I think I will pick 6 to be conservative because my job keeps me fairly busy. I just purchased Ferenheight 451 and The Complete Cthulhu Mythos.
Also I signed up for BookBob.com last year and it has provided me with some really great stories throughout that time.

SigmaSD
03-27-2017, 08:11 AM
The wifi at my work sucks so i cant browse the internet on my phone much while I'm on my break at work anyway so I started reading a lot more recently. I think I will read 20 books this year but only because I only ever read at work.

Still trying to get through a book right now but its hard.

Anji.
04-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Anyone finished a book yet? I just finished a lengthy Harry Potter fanfiction story. about 28 chapters of roughly 2-3k words a piece so not short but not long either.

Kumagawa
04-05-2017, 05:24 AM
about 28 chapters of roughly 2-3k words a piece so not short but not long either.
Why do you do this to yourself??? You could have read The Stranger in the same amount of time.