PDA

View Full Version : Guess what book this quote is from.

RunnerNoah
01-31-2017, 11:55 PM
I will start with one of my favorite books, and I hope the person who answers right is the next one to type out a quote from their favorite book and have someone guess their quote. I hope this is fun.

"Vogon poetry is of course the third worse in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience died of internal hemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived by gnawing one his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading his twelve-book epic entitled My Favorite Bathtime Gurgles when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilization, leaped straight up through his neck and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paul Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England, in the destruction of the planet Earth."

May you guess what it is? And the quote doesn't have to be this long. :)

Kaitou Ace
02-01-2017, 09:14 AM
That's quite clearly from The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas N. Adams, quite a good trilogy, though I felt the fifth book a bit lacking.

Any wizard bright enough to survive for five minutes was also bright enough to realise that if there was any power in demonology, then it lay with the demons. Using it for your own purposes would be like trying to beat mice to death with a rattlesnake.

Kleio
02-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Definitely Hitchhikers. I loved all of the books myself, and I wanted more.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Acey I have no idea what your quote is from. :/

RunnerNoah
03-02-2017, 12:41 AM
That's quite clearly from The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas N. Adams, quite a good trilogy, though I felt the fifth book a bit lacking.

Any wizard bright enough to survive for five minutes was also bright enough to realise that if there was any power in demonology, then it lay with the demons. Using it for your own purposes would be like trying to beat mice to death with a rattlesnake.

What quote is that book from and I would like to finish reading The Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy.

Kaitou Ace
03-02-2017, 08:03 AM
The quote is from a Discworld book, which is a British fantasy humor series by Terry Pratchett, which I highly recommend. This particular quote is from the book Eric.

kaufen
04-05-2017, 08:31 AM
I loved all of the books myself too.