PDA

View Full Version : Do you like popular anime? Or just anime YOU think are good ones?

jackadam
12-29-2016, 01:53 AM
Many people only watch popular anime, even if they don't like it. Sure anime get popular because they're good but if it doesn't suit your taste don't watch it. If you only watch popular anime because all your friends are watching it and you want to look cool in front of them you don't have to. Anime is to enjoy watching not to look cool, so watch anime you like and then you can learn more and enjoy more about many anime! I prefer good anime but sometimes they're hard to find. So do you like good anime or ones that are popular?

Tags: funny ringtones free (http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/funny-ringtones-free/), alone song ringtone (http://bestringtones.mobi/alone-alan-walker-ringtone-12542.html)

PictureGuy
12-29-2016, 04:42 PM
If you look at some of the anime I mentioned in previous postings and in review, you know I often watch ones which are, not necessarily obscure, but not so well known. Some popular anime, such as One Piece, I will not watch because I find it unwatchable. Some, such as Neo-Genesis Evangelion, I watch out of curiosity even if I do not like it just to see if it ends with anything redeeming. Since NGE is only one season, I could do that. But as a rule, I try to avoid watching anything which does not interest or entertain me.

Peppermint Hearts
12-30-2016, 01:14 PM
I really don't watch too much of the popular anime series, (ie..Naruto), and would rather watch more obscure series like Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy, lesser known series can be very entertaining, like hidden gems.

PictureGuy
12-31-2016, 06:01 PM
I really don't watch too much of the popular anime series, (ie..Naruto), and would rather watch more obscure series like Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy, lesser known series can be very entertaining, like hidden gems.

Tell us something about Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy. I am thinking a teenage coming of age love story.

ShikiSunako
01-01-2017, 09:01 PM
I just like what I like.
Though I've never seen a mainstream anime straight through.
But in all honesty I just watch what looks interesting and what keeps my attention.
I'll admit, Attack on Titan did have good artistry and voice acting, but I didn't make it past episode 2.
Not that I thought was bad, but somehow my interest faded.
I've watched all kinds of anime series straight through that aren't really considered to be of the best.
But I put my own instincts before critical reviews of any anime.
Sure I'll check out the review beforehand, but if it looks interesting enough, I'll check it out myself.
For example, I did this with Blood c, an anime that really isn't talked about and often criticized, but it looked interesting enough to me so I watched the entire series and loved it.

Anime Forum
01-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Anybody who doesn't watch popular anime because its popular/mainstream is somebody who has yet to mature as an anime fan.

PictureGuy
01-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Anybody who doesn't watch popular anime because its popular/mainstream is somebody who has yet to mature as an anime fan.

Not someone whose tastes to not run towards conformity?

Anime Forum
01-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Not someone whose tastes to not run towards conformity?

Nope. If somebody avoids an anime because its popular or mainstream then that's pretty telling of their mindset and all that jazz. I was like that when I was new to watching obscure anime and later realized I was being foolish.