PDA

View Full Version : Book Recommendations

Light Y
11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
People watch anime to escape from reality, or to use up their free time. People also use books in the same way. When you want a new anime to watch, you normally look in the recommendation threads and pick whatever you think you will like. For books, I could not find a recommendation thread (If it already exists, then delete this lol), so I thought I would start one.

When you recommend, state the title (obviously), author(optional), genre and a few short words as to why you like it. Give it a rating out of 5 or 10 if you wish.

So yeah, if you have particularly enjoyed a book, give a review if you want so other people can experience it too.
I will start:

Title: The Hound of Baskerville
Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Genre: Mystery
About the book : Everyone has head of Sherlock Holmes, and most people love it. This book is a good start if you want to read the series. The story is about Sir Henry Baskerville, who took possession of his uncles property. He starts receiving threats related to the Baskerville family curse, which involves a vengeful hound. A murderer has also recently escaped and is loose in the moor, and people start hearing strange spine chilling howls. The story has a good pace and it is written very well. I recommend this if you want to get into the Sherlock Holmes series.
Rating: 4.5/5