PDA

View Full Version : Most Worthless Anime Hero

PictureGuy
11-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Who is your choice for the most worthless hero in anime? And please do not just list the name and series/movie. Tell us why.

My choice is Ayano from Kaze no Stigma aka Stigma of the Wind. First, the background.

Ayano is the heir to being head of her family, a family who uses fire magic to destroy demons and such. She won that right by defeating her older male cousin Kazuma in a duel. It wasn’t even close. A disgraced Kazuma is banned from the family. But four years later, he returns as a master of wind magic, which the family considers inferior to fire magic. Never mind the fact that Kazuma is now stronger than all his cousins combined. In fact when they gain up on him, he easily defeats them all.

So if Kazuma has grown to be a mighty warrior, what about Ayano? Well, she has grown into a beautiful, pure-hearted, fearless – klutz. That’s right. Ayano is a complete klutz. It’s a miracle she can get out of bed in the morning without killing herself.

No wonder her father now wants to hire Kazuma as her body guard. He also is hoping that the two will become a couple and cohabitate, because it seems that late bloomer Kazuma got all the good genes in the family and Ayano got the dregs. Without Kazuma, when things get tough Ayano is completely lost.

I did like the series, but Ayano is still my choice for a worthless anime hero.

What is yours?

Qoco
11-14-2016, 01:55 AM
I want to say Krillin from DBZ. The little guy has died so many times. He's not even a good distraction.

PictureGuy
11-14-2016, 05:42 PM
I want to say Krillin from DBZ. The little guy has died so many times. He's not even a good distraction.

Agreed. Though he didn't start out that way. In Dragonball he could hold his own, but then Goku and later Piccolo passed him by. Although in one of the movies, he and Piccolo did get together to make an effective team, at least for that one movie. Other than that, he's just there.

natsu d
11-23-2016, 09:03 AM

Holy shit!!!! I was gonna say the same damn thing

Clayton_n
11-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Tuxedo mask.

PictureGuy
11-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Tuxedo mask.

He looks like a male strip club dancer.

TheKingofHorror
12-14-2016, 06:00 AM
Literally no one beats out the main girl in Alien Nine
She does nothing ans cries the whole damn show.

Clayton_n
12-20-2016, 04:37 PM
He looks like a male strip club dancer.

He wishes.

Jean Markale
12-22-2016, 05:58 AM
786 Ichijo Raku from Nisekoi and Natsuki Subaru from Re:Zero are neck and neck in my book. Both characters made me quit their respective animes in disgust.
A character can be a jerk but have skills, like Keima from Kami nomi zo shiru sekai, or he can be stupid but be a really good guy, like Hiro from Princess Resurrection. Most characters come somewhere between the extremes. But Raku and Subaru are both idiots and dicks. They richly deserve whatever bad happens to them; thus I do not care about them as characters. They have some small redeeming qualities but they are not nearly enough to make up for the defects in their personalities. They are complete failures, and they are MAIN CHARACTERS FOR HELL'S SAKE! I hate, loathe and despise them both.