PDA

View Full Version : I need some recommendations!

MayoBabe
02-23-2002, 11:32 AM
I have some bucks left on my Amazon gift certificate, and it's not enough for another Escaflowne DVD, so I planned to buy some manga.  I wanted to start out with Ah!  Megami-sama!  But they no longer sell 1-555-Goddess (the first one) new, and you have to have a credit card to buy it used.  Soooo...

I need some recommendations here on a good manga, with a nice plot,  ^_^  I've been thinking about Kenshin, CCS, or MKR, but I kind of want to broaden my horizons and get something different.  =D  Post, post, post!

MayoBabe
02-23-2002, 11:35 AM
Scratch Kenshin...amazon doesn't have it!  =(

Ashita Enzeru
02-23-2002, 12:20 PM
It really depends on what your genre intrests are. If you're okay with blood, then I highly recomend Blade of the Immortal or Gunnm (Battle Angel Alita), or if you're into sappy little things, Peach Girl is always fun. And, though perverted, Sorcerer Hunters is funny and somewhat "Action-packed"

I'll try thinking of some other Manga, but those are the ones I can think of currently.

ShizukaSasayaki
02-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Oh oh oh! Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, not sure if they have translations though. o.o;;

darienslover
02-24-2002, 01:20 PM
If you are into more 'graphic' manga, including sex init, go for Battle Maid Sarai.  If you like stories about a robot learning to be human, I would go for Maico 2010.  RayEarth is always good.  Clover too, kinda strange tho.  Tenchi will give you a good laugh.  DragonBall is cute, if you like that series.  Alita is good if you want brains.  Utena is one of the best darn mangas out there.  Gundam Blue Destiny is good for a different take on Gundam.  Shadow Star and Cardcaptor Sakura are good if you're sick of teenage girls always saving the day.  Nausicca Valley of the Wind is a good series if you like nature, its by the same people who did Princess Mononoke.  Neon Genisess is always a good one.  Fushigi Yuugi is a fun series.  I hope this helped. ^^

Daemon
02-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Fushigi Yuugi is good, if you're into the fantasy element.

Princess Uranus
02-25-2002, 04:46 PM
I have a couple recomandations! utena and ah/oh my goddess *depending on what like version or language I guess I've seen it spelt it either oh my goddess or ah my goddess*  are good ones! and if your into teen-agers and schools and magial powers mericle girls are a good choice! hope I could help!