PDA

View Full Version : What anime is this?

Clayton_n
10-06-2016, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBDNbu0Czw
https://66.media.tumblr.com/9a926c0815564632a79a822628e7df88/tumblr_inline_oc9eceR6m51rnvg98_540.gif

looks interesting. What is it?

Ωmega
10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
..........its in the title of the video- "Omoide No Marine" or "When Marine was There" in English

Clayton_n
10-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Oh, i was looking up "Fine On THE Outside"

PictureGuy
10-06-2016, 09:30 PM
It was a great movie; a real heart warmer.

Jasanime
10-07-2016, 02:37 AM
So good! Loved this film!!!

PictureGuy
10-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Correction to above. The title is When Marnie was There, not When Marine was There. Marine would make it a war movie.

I just tried to find a review I posted on another site I used to frequent, but their new format is so f'ed up, I can no longer find my former blog.

Clayton_n
10-08-2016, 05:45 PM
So is this a yuri movie or a "it's up to you to decide" sort of thing? Cause everyone seems to think different. I mean they're obviously young, but hey a girl fell in love with a dragon in Spirited Away, so I'm open to interpretation.

So is When Marnie Was There a yuri romance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_dINbqgaV0

http://66.media.tumblr.com/587fbf63108fdaa3337f680e97699375/tumblr_inline_nzgm3xcTdo1qe8eev_500.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f3/6c/b5/f36cb5a77e205e1280a40e99369032ce.gif

PictureGuy
10-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Not really, if I understand the term. Just watch it. Who cares why kind it is? It's a great movie.

Shikalukakuta
10-08-2016, 08:56 PM
what ever... so beautiful.. romantic :)

Clayton_n
10-11-2016, 04:46 PM
So you're saying it's good.

Details please. I love spoilers

Seriously i'd like your opinion on whether it's true love between them or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PE7-6NhII0

People are talkin', talkin' 'bout people
I hear them whisper, you won't believe it
They think we're lovers kept under covers
I just ignore it, but they keep saying
We laugh just a little too loud
We stand just a little too close
We stare just a little too long
Maybe they're seeing something we don't, darlin'
Let's give them something to talk about
How about love?
I feel so foolish, I never noticed
You'd act so nervous
Could you be falling for me?
It took a rumor to make me wonder
Now I'm convinced I'm going under
Thinking 'bout you every day
Dreaming 'bout you every night
Hoping that you feel the same way
Now that we know it, let's really show it, darlin'
A little mystery to figure out
How about love, love, love, love?
Let's give them something to talk about, baby
A little mystery to figure out

Animedude5555
10-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Does it have any hentai scenes?

Clayton_n
10-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Does it have any hentai scenes?

Dude, I haven't seen it, but it's a Ghibli movie. I seriously doubt it. I don't think I've seen to people ion love in one of their movies really kiss with tongue.

PictureGuy
10-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Dude, I haven't seen it, but it's a Ghibli movie. I seriously doubt it. I don't think I've seen to people ion love in one of their movies really kiss with tongue.

Hentai in a Ghibli film? That is heresy, blasphemy, and a few other things as well.

Animedude5555
10-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Hentai in a Ghibli film? That is heresy, blasphemy, and a few other things as well.

Mr Miyazaki really needs to branch out to other genres of anime. He can't just stick with nothing but family-friendly content.

PictureGuy
10-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Mr Miyazaki really needs to branch out to other genres of anime. He can't just stick with nothing but family-friendly content.

I don't see anyone complaining. Ghibli films are still very popular and original. Besides, the old man is retired now -- or rather for now.

Animedude5555
10-14-2016, 09:23 PM
I don't see anyone complaining. Ghibli films are still very popular and original. Besides, the old man is retired now -- or rather for now.

Yeah, but haven't you ever wanted to see a Sheeta x Patzu sex scene?

Clayton_n
10-15-2016, 05:06 PM

I don't know. i think if given the chance Miyazaki could have made a hentai we would all love.

https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/s/common/uploaded_files/1456817870-4dbf084654ce0d87a4ed99313b3d3606.jpeg

now back o the actual question: is "When Marnie Was There" a yuri romance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuvVcjCFI0

PictureGuy
10-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Yeah, but haven't you ever wanted to see a Sheeta x Patzu sex scene?

No.

And Clayton, it is not a yuri romance. Just watch the film. You will be glad you did.

Clayton_n
10-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Okay I just saw When Marnie Was There. There is a lot of debate online about whether this is a story of friendship or a romance between two young girls. I have not read the book this movie is based on, but having seen it, I can’t even begin to imagine why anyone would think that Marnie and Anna were not in love. Friends don’t get jealous when they see their friend dancing with a boy. Friends don’t feel a desperate need to keep their relationship secret. Friends don’t blush when their friends dance with them. And friends really don’t keep declaring how much they love each other over and over again. It’s like in the Wizard of Oz books when Dorothy and Ozma keep spending a lot of time together holding hands and kissing… not to mention that whole “Come to my room.” scene. Anyone who thinks those two aren’t in love is blind, deaf, and possibly so deep in denial that they need to keep an eye out for crocodiles and Egyptian water craft.
Now I know the arguments. One that they’re young. However that didn’t stop the other girls their age discussing boys in the movie.
Two that Marnie turned out to be her grandmother. First off, Ana at least was unaware of this and it’s hard to say if Marnie knew either. That whole ghost time loop thing… trust me years of research and parapsychologists are still iffy about the whole thing. Then again they’re the same age when they meet and I have two words for you that sum up how this works in anime: Tenchi Masaki.
Plus it’s not like some people throughout history have not kept relationships in the family and they’re both girls so it’s not like reproducing is a problem. And they barely knew each other as relatives. Even Marnie’s daughter barely considered Marnie her mother.
And let’s face it. You cannot watch the movie, especially with the original Japanese dialogue in the subtitles, without seeing that they are in love. Real, stars in the eye I can forgive you anything, love. True Marnie married, but that was her best friend and in a time when two women being openly together was unthinkable (despite the face that 90% of the most famous female film stars of the black and white movie era in Hollywood were sleeping together…) whatever they might do in private.
All that aside I have here the judging form for Stalking, the most popular sport in anime, for Marnie, the rules of which are available either on Fanfiction . net or in my book “How to Be an Anime Character” available from Amazon.com. (Note: The rules are slightly flexible based on situations)

Judging Form

Stalker/s: Marnie

Target/s: Anna

Reason/s for Stalking: Familial bond and girl crush

Event/s: Skulking/Speed Stalking

Points on a scale of 1-10 and why:

Duration: 6 points Unknown specific time due to time dilation effects and ghostly weirdness. But from the moment the target came on the scene to the end of the movie.

Cost: 10 points Used up every last bit of ghostly power and risked pissing off evil guardians and embarrassing herself in front of friends and family.

Danger: 3 points. Already dead, in a time loop, and has a backup boyfriend. Still snuck out and risked wrath of mean hair brush lady and getting locked in her room.

Effort: 5 Points Coming back from the afterlife and setting up a magical boat ride.

Revelation: 10 points Set up a rowboat and candle, brought her in on a moonlit night to tell Anna that she has been watching and loves her. Caused love at first site and went off perfectly.

Style: 9 points. Not bad, but deducting 1 point for freaking out in the silo and reverting back to the previous time period when it was her boyfriend instead of Anna with her. Added points for appearing in her dreams without seeming needy.

Monologue: 6 Points. Bit of a whiner.

Surprise: 7 Points Surprise picnic, plus the ghost stuff. Still a bit predictable and a few involuntary vanishings.

Information: 8 Points Knew where Anna lived, with whom, how long she’d been there, and a few other things despite being trapped at her mansion. Was also able to use it to her advantage and even set up a boat to get Anna to her.

Achievement: 10 Points Won the heart of the girl she loved. Shook Anna out of her funk. Told said girl how she felt about her. Had fun doing it.

Bonus Points: 3 points for coming back from the dead and breaking free of her time loop to do all of this and being willing to let Anna move on rather than haunt her for her whole life like some ghosts.

Total: 77 points Stalker Rank Class: Upper B

B-Class: 61 – 80 points

This level does not so much seek out their Target, but once the Target comes into the same area as they are it is all they can think about and the Stalker will drop almost everything else in exchange for their goal involving the Target. It may be a rival, enemy, love interest, or all of the above. Once the Target is identified they will obsess over every aspect of the Target and the Target’s movements until the event that brought them together ends and they go their separate ways. When not in the Target’s area they may occasionally think of them, but the Stalker has their own life/afterlife to live once the Target is out of range. If the target returns though they will immediately focus on them again.

PictureGuy
10-18-2016, 06:49 PM
If you say so. Then again, it could be said you went in looking for some girl on girl action from the start. If that's your thing. . . .

Clayton_n
10-25-2016, 03:52 PM
If you say so. Then again, it could be said you went in looking for some girl on girl action from the start. If that's your thing. . . .

Well i listed reasons I think it, so keeping in mind the many times they talk about how much they are in love with each other, why do you think this is not a yuri love story?

PictureGuy
10-25-2016, 06:34 PM
Well i listed reasons I think it, so keeping in mind the many times they talk about how much they are in love with each other, why do you think this is not a yuri love story?

There are many types of love, including friendship love. I do not recall either character suggesting anything sexual, nor are there any such scenes.

Clayton_n
10-27-2016, 04:29 PM
I never said sexual either. I said ROMANTIC LOVE. Get your mind out of the gutter.

PictureGuy
10-27-2016, 05:59 PM
I never said sexual either. I said ROMANTIC LOVE. Get your mind out of the gutter.

My mind out of the gutter? You're the one who keeps harping on girls with girls.

Animedude5555
10-28-2016, 12:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBDNbu0Czw
https://66.media.tumblr.com/9a926c0815564632a79a822628e7df88/tumblr_inline_oc9eceR6m51rnvg98_540.gif

looks interesting. What is it?

Not sure what was even in the video, but it looks like it got hit by the copyright ban hammer.

PictureGuy
10-28-2016, 04:21 PM
People on YouTube have been sued left and right by the owners of the original material -- even when the video is essentially free advertising.

Clayton_n
10-29-2016, 02:55 PM
My mind out of the gutter? You're the one who keeps harping on girls with girls.

Which is no more inherently sexual than guys with girls, like say the other studio Ghibli films, say where a 10 year old loves a dragon. I'm talking about a romance here, not a hentai.