PDA

View Full Version : Utena

darienslover
11-11-2003, 08:36 PM
what do you guys think of the Utena manga?  I just got # 3&4 on saturday, and i love them...I just wish Akio would DIE!!!!!!!!!  I HATE HIM...
okay, I got my 2 cents in, so what's your opininon?

Believe
11-12-2003, 12:14 AM
bah. I don't know what the fuss is about.

My sister got me Volume 1 "To Till" for my birthday. The story is between OK and good. The art is not that great - i suppose it might be because it's shoujo manga but half of it is just sparkly tones. I mean, it's almost like SM manga art, but chunkier. The fingers are drawn way, WAY too long, like, OMG long. I probably couldn't do any better, though, and there ARE moments where the art is very pretty. But again, the tones spoil it.

And the eyes scare me. Have you ever seen the way they drew them in the anime? NO PUPILS. *shudder*

But I'd like to see what happens next.

oOoKenshinoOo
11-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Utena is pretty good. The manga is alot different from the story. However, my favorite character is Dios, or prince dios, of the eternal castle. He is by far the coolest.

darienslover
11-12-2003, 11:17 PM
I really like it.  Akio irkes me.  I have all four volumes.  I like the manga much better than the anime.  There's no Nanami.

Flaming soul pride
11-26-2003, 07:44 AM
I agree with Believe over there, on chuns 16th birthday, I bought her volumes 1,2, and 3. So before wrapping them up I took a look in volume 1. I screamed like a little girl thinking THIS is what my sister reads and drawls? Aliens?

Oof the horror...Im still shaky after seeing it...