PDA

View Full Version : X: the movie

Kokomi
10-01-2002, 10:07 AM
It would have been very difficult to stuff the entire plot of the X/1999 manga into an hour and a half movie.

Kakusei
10-03-2002, 02:17 AM
<font color="#CCCCFF">
They did make a series. I have it on my computer. I think it&#39;s already licensed, though. Coming to a store near you&#33;

Anyway, they cut a lot out of the TV series, too. But it&#39;s a lot more acceptable. The movie was certainly eye candy, but it wasn&#39;t much more than that. The series is much better, if you&#39;re interested in an animated X.

ParaParaJMo
10-05-2002, 12:56 AM
It had 24 episodes plus an intro OAV. The series ended this March. I have the entire series. It&#39;s pretty interesting. I think there were some changes in the series I believe.

I was never really dissapointed with the movie, it&#39;s just you had to work with what you got. I mean it&#39;s just a movie and it would be impossible to get all what you see in the manga in a movie.

With the series, they have no name voice actors. I think they all did a good job with the series. The animation and designs are theatrical quality. The music is stunning, and I guess if you don&#39;t like the movie, the series is a good pick.

tiv
04-25-2004, 04:14 AM
i donno..i liked it..but..O_o i read the manga after..for what it was..i liked it i think they&#39;re making..like..ah..was&#39; it called? a show of it too