PDA

View Full Version : I have to ask...

Lady Dark
12-06-2002, 08:48 PM
I have seen all the episodes, the ending is bad though......i liked it because the story is funny and I liked a character in there Rei, and Shinji.....It is sort of romantic (not really but my favorite character is Rei so I love all of the episodes with her in it) also, some other episodes are funny, and as I have said many times with other ppl, I love romantic stories.

Excel Excel
12-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Evangelion is like...yeah. &nbsp;It&#39;s cool cause of all the Bible reference thingys and the plot gets real deep...and EVERY character on the show has a mental problem&#33; I don&#39;t like the robot retards either...but the plot just sucked me in -.- I was like ...those robots are dumb...but what happens next&#33;? I have to know&#33; >.< So yeah...I watched all of the series too...End of Evangelion is WAY better than the ending of the regular series...makes a little more sense...still not enough sense...but still more than the other...

Lady Dark
12-08-2002, 05:04 AM
Yeah most ppl dont like anime&#39;s with robots and machines. &nbsp;I didn&#39;t at first either, unitl I saw Gundam Wing (which is one of my favorite shows) Eva is also depressing as well (as mentioned)

Kazukiyo
12-08-2002, 08:40 PM
It shouldn&#39;t really matter whether or not you&#39;re interested in mecha-type anime. Although Evangelion certainly has a lot of mecha, its focus is centered more on the characters.

Evangelion is an exploration of human psychology. With its many characters, it explores the different ways in which we deal with our emotions. The introverted Shinji, for instance, is passive and does what he is told with no resistance. The enigmatic Rei who constantly questions her purpose in life and appears to have no understanding of human emotions distances herself from others. The irritable Asuka is an arrogant brat who deals with her emotions by taking everything out on Shinji.

On top of its brilliantly created characters, Evangelion also has a very captivating story with many existential themes. The story doesn&#39;t really shine until the second half of the series, though, so keep watching.

For most people, like myself, the characters are what cause all of the obsession. It&#39;s because of them that I can watch the series over and over again and never grow bored with it.Before any edits, Post was:
It shouldn&#39;t really matter whether or not you&#39;re interested in mecha-type anime. Although Evangelion certainly has a lot of mecha, its focus is centered more on the characters.

Evangelion is an exploration of human psychology. With its many characters, it explores the different ways in which we deal with our emotions. The introverted Shinji is passive and does what he is told with no resistance. The enigmatic Rei who constantly questions her purpose in life and appears to have no understanding of human emotions distances herself from others. The irritable Asuka is an arrogant brat who deals with her emotions by taking everything out on Shinji.

On top of its brilliantly created characters, Evangelion also has a very captivating story with many existential themes. The story doesn&#39;t really shine until the second half of the series, though, so keep watching.

For most people, like myself, the characters are what cause all of the obsession. It&#39;s because of them that I can watch the series over and over again and never grow bored with it.After Edit by: Kazukiyo on Dec. 08 2002,10:19 pm, Post is:

Evangelion is an exploration of human psychology. With its many characters, it explores the different ways in which we deal with our emotions. The introverted Shinji, for instance, is passive and does what he is told with no resistance. The enigmatic Rei who constantly questions her purpose in life and appears to have no understanding of human emotions distances herself from others. The irritable Asuka is an arrogant brat who deals with her emotions by taking everything out on Shinji.

For most people, like myself, the characters are what cause all of the obsession. It&#39;s because of them that I can watch the series over and over again and never grow bored with it.

Aaron
12-09-2002, 06:21 AM
Aye, there really is a strong connection to the characters, from what I can tell. It&#39;s like everyone can relate to someone very well. Very plain to see with how many fanfics people write of it.. It&#39;s like they can all see themself in one of the characters. I&#39;ve seen more well-written fanfics of Eva than I have of any others.. Of course, that might just be because I haven&#39;t looked to hard.. Anyway

And I really enjoy a lot of the story as well.

DarkSideOfTheMoon
05-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Evangelion is supposedly the best anime ever made. I think its pretty good,although normaly I don&#39;t like Mecha thingys. ^_^

Sanzo Loves DDR
06-28-2004, 03:45 PM
A lot of my friends always used to talk about Evangelion, and I used that &#39;poem&#39; of Rei&#39;s for English class one year, so, due to that, I went out and started collecting the series when I was 12... XD I was kinda young to be starting something that complex, and I actually just finished a few months ago. o_o (Though, I saw both movies before the last two DVD&#39;s. Biiiig mistake. I had no idea what was going on. XD)
Eva depressed me very much. x.x A lot of the character&#39;s pasts were pretty disturbing (in a sad sort of way), especially Asuka&#39;s. But, I will say no more or spoilers will come. o_o;
People usually seem to dislike or strongly hate Shinji because he&#39;s a &#39;wimp&#39;, but can you blame him with what he&#39;s been through? I want to see those people go through what he did, and try to still stay strong.