PDA

View Full Version : Cardcaptor Sakura

Syaoran-kun
06-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Ok, first of all, I should mention that this topic is about Cardcaptor Sakura, not the annoying Cardcaptors.  If you've only seen Cardcaptors, please try your best to refrain from using the dub names, or at least mention that you don't know the original Japanese names.  Anyway, what do you guys think about this anime?  IMO, I think this is really good (in case you hadn't guessed from my name) and it's one of my fav anime.  I've really enjoyed this series and I think it's one of CLAMP's best works, along with Rayearth.  So, what do you guys think about CCS?

Believe
06-22-2003, 03:17 PM
I used to know the original names when I read the first 2 mangas, but that was awhile ago. Remind me before I go on, please?

Ami~chan
06-22-2003, 05:40 PM
I really, really ,really liked this anime. I personally think it is CLAMP's best work. The characters have such beautiful looks and personality and the plot is spectacular. I totally agree with you on this .

lionx
06-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Unfortunetly i have been tainted by 4kids entertainment....is it possible that you can enlighten me about this anime in Japan(ie not dubbed).

Syaoran-kun
06-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura is a magical girl anime about a 10 yr old girl named Sakura Kinomoto who finds a magic book in her basement called the book of Clow. Â*She opens up the book and accidentally releases the Clow Cards that were inside. Â*Kerberoes (Kero-chan for short) who appears out of the book cover and tells Sakura she must have some sort of magical powers to open up the book of Clow. Â*After explaining to Sakura what the Clow Cards are, he tells her that she must become the Cardcaptor and capture the cards before a castrophe destroys the world. Â*She's joined by her best friend, Tomoyo Daidouji, who films all of her adventures with her video camera and designs Sakura's battle costumes and is obessesed with Sakura. Â*She also has her rival, Syaoran Li, who tries to capture the Clow Cards before Sakura can. Â*These are mostly the main cast of characters, but there are other characters, too. Â*Syaoran's cousin (and fiancee) Meiling Li, her kind father, Fujitaka, her older brother who always picks up on her and calls her monster, Touya, her brother's best friend whom she has a crush on, Yukito Tsukishiro, and her mysterious math teacher Ms. Mizuki. Â*The manga started it's run in Japan in June 1996 and the anime I think started sometime in 1998 (either that or '96, I can't remember when the anime started).  The anime ran for 70 episodes and also had two movies.  This series is really good and I highly recommend it. Â*I also highly recommend going with the original Japanese version (as said before) because the English dubbed version is really screwed.

lionx
06-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Besides the names, i aint sure what is so messed up about it, i didnt watch the original undub. 4Kids change too much of the anime, so is the only way you can get the anime is from d/ling it?(has 56K and hates to) And i would also like to know why is it so messed up..(in dub)

Syaoran-kun
06-24-2003, 06:33 PM
4kids?  Um, 4kids didn't dub CCS, it was dubbed by Nelvana.  Official subbed versions of CCS are avaiable in the U.S. from Pioneer (you might be confused with Yugioh).  Cuts and change made...let's see, the name of the show was changed from Cardcaptor Sakura to Cardcaptors.  All the names were changed or misprounouced.  The first 7 eps are skipped and only 34 eps were show in the U.S.  At least 2 min of footage is cut from each ep, which is mostly anything that Nelvana considered to be too cute or funny.  They also took out all the character's relationships and changed the music.  They're alot of other changes I could mention, but too many to list here.  The first movie, however, visually speaking was dubbed uncut, but the music was changed and parts of the plot were changed.

SAKURA LOVER
06-26-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm a big fan of CardCaptor Sakura and I love it. The only thing what annoys me or bothers me a bit is the too high 'perfect world' and 'cuteness' factor

tiv
04-25-2004, 01:54 AM
i liked this show/manga...actually i read the manga more O_o then i saw the show..and i was all exicted..then i realized they changed the show and i was like T____T what the hell is this?! why are they trying to make them TOGETHER!? they're rivals!!! X___x stupid america...