PDA

View Full Version : ........Depressing animes....

Ami~chan
07-31-2003, 05:29 PM
What anime(S) do you think are the most depressing? You know, you watch a certain anime and you just feel kinda depressed after watching it.
For me it was Boogiepop Phantom,I loved it but it made me feel so sad when it ended. So many people died.....And it also crammed so much crappy logic in my head I literally was confused at the end.
You much accept this world.........
Theres a spider on your heart..............
Phooe!

Fixxi
07-31-2003, 06:23 PM
the most depressing anime for me was evangelion.. i know that evangelion was actually adults' anime, and evangelion was/is difficult to understand even for adults, the "true meaning", but i enjoyed it. but it was depressing how it ended.. the end of evangelion.. yups. everybody died except shinji and asuka.. i still don't understand few things though..

i usually watch/read shoujo(?) manga/animes, which all usually have a happy endings. so evangelion was the only one i could actually remember..

Weetzie Bat
08-01-2003, 08:51 AM
I'd say Gunnm. Even though I was watching it with a room full of friends, I cried at the end.

acamori
08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
for me i think it'd be the soultaker series. i loved it, but there was a lot of sadness in it (not to mention just plain wierdness)

Dark Warrior Of Death
08-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Some Big O, Boogiepop Phantom, and Eva seemed depressing....but I didnt really watch them all, Im more interested in action than something that gets me depressed.

Lady Dark
08-09-2003, 02:46 AM
Even talking about depressing episodes makes me depressed. I dont really know any depressing Anime's though, but Ive heard BlueSub6 was depressing.

Ami~chan
08-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Yeah there are depressing animes everywhere. Another big one to add to the list would be Petshop of Horrors. It tries to fiddle with humor at times, like the fact that the shopkeeper LOVES sweets but it really remains depressing but filling. Everyone disobeyed the shopkeepers directions and died. Except that girl with the doberman pincher. I liked that story.

SGI
08-24-2003, 04:20 PM
There is one undisputed champion of the Depressing Anime Title

Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka)

Why?

Because an entire movie about two children as they suffer through World War II sure as hell isn't your average picnic. No single anime even comes close to how depressing this movie is.

So in other words its brilliant

slyfoxx06
09-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah, i thought that the soultaker series was actually pretty depressing. I missed about half of it, but i still kinda got the whole point. It's sad how kyosuke always ended up with the short end of the stick when it came to just about everything. I felt a little better after seeing the last episode, but there was part of me that wished that would never happen. (even though i doubt any of that will happen within the next 50 years, so im all set.)

tiv
04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
grave of the fireflies

and dbz O_o because that makes my brain sad...

DivineSorceressX
04-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Big O, Eva, X-1999, Angel Sanctuary, Hellsing, Ceres (well Ceres, X and Hellsing isn't that depressing, but in the end, it kinda gets sad).

oOoKenshinoOo
04-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Eva was pretty depressing, DBZ made me want to kill myself because it's so redundant. The most depressing anime i've EVER seen is gungrave. That's just SAD stuff right there. Also, full metal alchemist's 25th episode really was sad.

Kaitou Ace
04-14-2004, 02:59 AM
If you want sad anime, look for saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo - She, the ultimate weapon), a touching love story between a boy, and a girl (who gets kidnapped by the government and made into a killing machine cyborg to fight in the war that they are desperately loosing, with a lot of civilian casualties).

Quite sad, that one. Also Full Metal Alchemist has some very sad moments in it.

Sweet_Angel
04-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I think think cyborg 009 is kinda sad.