PDA

View Full Version : Best Adult (Non-Hentai) Anime

PictureGuy
05-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Here is the latest Top 10 list from Misty/Chronexia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gzd6Qyx2zo

I have heard of several of these anime series, but only have seen three. Ajin should be higher on the list (read my review elsewhere). Parasyte is one I recommend. Berserk is good, but I am not sure I would place it at #1.

I would add Monster, about a Japanese doctor living in Germany who is accused of murder. The real killer is a man whose life he saved when the man was a child. But how was doc to know he would grow into a serial killer?

Black Lagoon should get some consideration. Or is Revy not adult enough for you?

I am not sure if Durarara or DurararaX2 fits. It does seem to have material which is geared towards older teens, but it is pretty complex.

I will have to try to think of a few more. Meanwhile, post your comments on the list and/or list a few of your own.

Peppermint Hearts
06-01-2016, 04:02 PM
D-Frag is kinda in between for adults or teens maybe? It's OK as a "club" anime series. I guess that Golden Time and Steins;gate would be good for adult orientated series. I just can't think of too many series that are geared towards adult only that do not have too much nudity, etc., in the series though. I wish that Misty wouldn't ramble on too much before he gets to his list, I've seen his videos before but they are not too bad.

PictureGuy
06-01-2016, 04:27 PM
I just can't think of too many series that are geared towards adult only that do not have too much nudity, etc., in the series though.

Monster had a few flash-back love scenes as I recall, but there was very little, if any, nudity. This is totally a psychological thriller. Black Lagoon is an adult anime with no nudity that I can recall, but there is more than a bit of profanity.

I forgot to list Perfect Blue. (That does have nudity, including uncensored full-frontal.)

Clayton_n
06-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Queen's Blade

Eiken

Excel Saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jdwnvEqP8