PDA

View Full Version : GetBackers

Sefirosu
06-18-2003, 03:38 PM
Recently, I purchased (what I believe to be) the entire series, all subbed, spanning across several CD-Rs. a) I know that I shouldn't be doing this, but b) it only cost me 6,000 ThereBucks, and c) I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of downloading yet another 2GB+ anime series. Besides, my vendor needed the money. Okay, d) this was more of a favor than anything. Just don't tell her that... The vendor, I mean. But I am part of the group, so I guess I was obligated to at least buy something eventually. It was just the right time.

Back on topic and to the purpose, it was actually delivered (...), and today, only two days after making the purchase. Yowsa. I've skimmed through some of these episodes, and the quality is pretty much on the DVD scale. This all seems a bit much at the moment, so before I take the time to sit down a watch a few of these, who's seen it, what's it about, and was it indeed worth it (basically, five dollars)?

SquallRealm
06-19-2003, 01:54 AM
GetBackers KICKS! I have Ban on my sig.

Its worth the money for any DVD.

Its just about the wonderful friendship of these to guys. Ban and Ginshi/Gingi. No, its not an shounen-AI relationship. They have powers. Theyre just friends, a good betrayal builts in them.

Alot of BISHISH for girl. ~_~

Eh, its late. Kinda old anime for me now since I liked it a few months back. Way back. You'll be hooked into it. And you cant get tired of GetBackers.

Chibi Jupiter
06-19-2003, 07:34 PM
now that it&#39;s been mentioned, i suppose i&#39;ll see it&#33; Although i&#39;m really pushed for space... only got 20 gigs left >_<&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chibi Jupiter
06-20-2003, 06:10 PM
I don&#39;t like things dubbed. I am currently having to watch the dubbed gundam wing (because i never saw it while it aired on Cnetwork) and it&#39;s killing me. Plus tv is a bad way for me to see things because I always miss episodes... I prefer to DL my stuff... Never miss an episode.

Katie
06-20-2003, 11:35 PM
dubbed anything is just ebil. if i had the money i&#39;d just buy inuyasha dvds instead of watching cartoonnet. which has that ANNOYING voice of kagome.. *twitch*

anyway, i haven&#39;t ever heard of getbackers, but now that you all are like, "wahoo&#33;" about it i&#39;m going to check it out.. look it up or something.

SquallRealm
06-21-2003, 12:00 AM

tiv
04-25-2004, 01:56 AM
@[email protected] i wouldn&#39;t know...&#39;ve never heard of it&#33;&#33; xD