PDA

View Full Version : What anime

Love the Tux
07-13-2003, 04:41 PM
What anime do you like most

Atelier Marie
07-13-2003, 09:18 PM
i vote other. my favorite anime is Inuyasha or Mousquiton or those who hunt elves. for these reasons

Inuyasha: Kirby Marrow Kirby Marrow Kirby Marrow
Mousquiton: too funny
TWHE: Junpei...heh heh enough said

alotofstuffownr
07-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Mine is rather easy to figure out. My most favorite is Sailor Moon.

Top 5 Favorite Anime
Sailor Moon
Inuyasha
Card Captor Sakura
OutLaw Star
Gundam 08th MS Team(only seen the dub, sadly..)

MayoBabe
07-14-2003, 05:47 PM
All you guys need to broaden your anime horizons, and watch anime other than the anime that comes on TV.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best anime ever.

Serial Experiments Lain, and Boogiepop Phantom are other good ones.  They are very serious animes, for people who like to think and reconsider what life really is.

Chobits is a very lighthearted and cute anime, very funny.  But CLAMP has a way of attacking problems like society faces.  Chobits is one.  They are referring to society's attachment to technology.

Trigun, though on TV, has very serious parts to it.  Most of the animes on Adult Swim are good, too good to play during daytime television.  Cowboy Bebop is another good one on Adult Swim.

Formerly on Adult Swim, is Inu Yasha.  I am just a sucker for a great love plot.  I have seen 100+ episodes of this series, and it just gets better as it goes along.  

For the same reason, lovey plots, Escaflowne is good, too.  This one also deals with humanity and such.

In any case, all of you need to go BUY Evangelion.  That series...changed my life.  Buy the series and the 2 movies.

SquallRealm
07-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Hmm, I see alot of these threads but different questions to the luring of the posters. ^^x

Lets just say i like Megaman out of the choices.

Hououji Fuu
07-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Sailor Moon...since it first came on TV. XD I have full manga set.

Weetzie Bat
07-16-2003, 12:00 PM
GASP! Someone else who has seen Master of Mosquiton?! Yaaay!

I absolutely HATE the ending to that series, though....

Umm.... I'm not even voting in this poll. I'm just posting.

I'd have to say my favorite anime are, in no particular order, the following:

Armitage III
Blood: The Last Vampire
Trigun
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu
Chobits
SoulTaker

While I find Neon Genesis Evangelion fun to watch, I get tired of people saying that it's the best thing out there... There are so many other, wonderful anime.

Ami~chan
07-31-2003, 05:32 PM
Anything by CLAMP.
Trigun and Boogiepop Phantom are beautiful too.
My favorite is Soul Taker..Kyosuke, your mine!!!!!

YesMan jr.
07-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Mega Man is da true gangsta for life.     EAST SIDE

Fixxi
07-31-2003, 06:19 PM
i vote for OTHER! there are too many animes i love, but there wasn't on there.. although i enjoyed pretty much.

acamori
08-01-2003, 09:33 AM
i voted other. i loved roruni kenshin (seen the whole series in japanese), i also like gundam seed (btw i need a good pic of blitz gundam if anyone knows where to find it)
bubble gum crisis: tokyo 2040 was great.
DBGT
those who hunt elves and excel saga are both great for laughs (though sadly i haven't gotten to see much of either)
i could go on and on, but i think those are my favorites

SGI
08-06-2003, 02:15 AM
1.)Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Why you may ask? Because  it has such an overwhelmingly brilliant execution of story. The slow begining sets up the relationships of characters in such a perfect fashion. Slowly it draws you into the world of Side 6 in the last days of the One Year War. And then it knocks it all down.... in the final episode it rips at your heartstrings. As an infamous yet unknown review once said. In Gundam Wing, hundreds die and it means nothing, yet in 0080 one mand dies and it means everything.

2.)Mobile Suit Z(Zeta) Gundam

Oh you liked the original Gundam? Then Z Gundam is a given, everything you loved about the Original Gundam but better. Better Characters (Forget that wimp known as Amuro Rei, Camile Bidan is an exceptionally more interesting protaginist.), the inclusion of some old favourites (Bright Noah, Char Azunable), and sinister new villains (Paptimus Siroco, and the great Hahman Kahn). This all makes Z Gundam earn rightfully its title as the best Gundam TV Series ever.

3.)Sekai no Renshou/Sekai no Senki (Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars)

Wow, this series is definately one to suck you in. Never in the anime universe has such a world been so developed. From theories on hyperspace travel to its own language and writing system. Everything about the world of this series is so complete and well rounded. Although Crest by itself is rather average, its follow ups develop so much upon it, that it simply blows you away.

4.)Azumanga Daioh

No im not a sci-fi junkie I love my regular anime too. Azumanga is just so so overwhelmingly funny it will have you in stitches. And it has Yukari-sensei... nuff said

Prince Darien
08-07-2003, 03:04 PM
My favorite animes in no particular order are:
Sailor Moon
Trigun
Slayers
Rurouni Kenshin
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star

aisu
08-07-2003, 03:12 PM
I voted other.. Because my favorites were only partially up there.. ^^;;

Favorites in no real order:
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon - Any that I can get my hands on; Fansubs are hard to come by and the comercial stuff in the US scares me. ;_;
- Inuyasha - We got behind on the fansubs, but oh well. It was awesome for all that I've seen, even though I want the rest. The second movie comes out soon. Yay! .. I might even pay the thirty bucks for the DVD of it. x.x;;
- Wolf's Rain - I haven't finished it yet, I need to get the subs from Mizu still.. but.. GOD it's so cool. ;_; I want to be Toboe, but I wouldn't pick the evil butt-crack jeans man for a role model if I were him. Kiba and Hige were cool..
- Get Backers - Another series that I need to finish. SO AWESOME! GINJI AND BAN-CHAN ARE AWESOME! ;_; .. I want to be able to do scary snake-bite grips and hypnotize people..
- E's Otherwise - I need. More. That's all I can say about it right now, I've only seen five episodes. -_-;;
- Fruits Basket - ADORABLE! .. Kyou and Yuki crack me up to no end. But.. I think Hatsuharu was the best ever, even if he was frighteningly bipolar.
- Fushigi Yuugi - One of my "starter" animes. Ahhhh. It was so awesome and adorable and sweet and sappy. The "TAMAHOMEEEE!" "MIAKAAAA" exchanges might have been anoying, but Chichiri and Tasuki made up for it! ^^
- Voltron - CLASSIC&#33; My favorite when I was little. ;_;<3

ChibiThunder
08-18-2003, 09:30 PM

Ami~chan
08-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Well, one piece of advice, you needed to put more animes on this poll. There are way too many good animes out there to just pick ONE&#33;

tiv
04-03-2004, 07:42 PM
o_o;...i like &#39;other&#39; the anime...XD

um...hellsing..captain tylor...uncut escaflone...much more :3

DivineSorceressX
04-18-2004, 03:22 AM
Out of the ones you listed, I think SM and Yugioh