PDA

View Full Version : [TV Series] Aikatsu (2012-2016) Review

Anime Forum
04-18-2016, 07:52 PM
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/6/74783.jpg

Do you have a dream? Do you know somebody with a dream? Now tell me this: Do you believe that a dream can be accomplished if effort becomes an ingredient in the story that is your life? Hoshimiya Ichigo certainly has a case for any doubters of this theory. Who is Ichigo you ask? Hoshimiya Ichigo is a normal girl like numerous young girls who watch this in Japan. Hoshimiya Ichigo is a normal though animated human like all of my readers. Hoshimiya Ichigo had a dream and with effort, turned her scoop into a mic. Hello readers, this is Aikatsu.

Aikatsu is an anime that began airing in Japan in October 2012 and swiftly became a marketing hit among young girls and even older male otaku. It ran until March 2016 and would soon be replaced by Aikatsu Stars!. Though, what exactly was the reason behind the success of such an anime? Honestly speaking, it was likely many different things that helped leap Aikatsu's popularity, though what really made it special was the market value it offered and characters that were all able to shine in amazing forms. If you have stuck around this long, allow me and my assis...

Yurika-Sama: May you get on with the review? Unless you want me to suck your blood?

Very well, Yurika-Sama. Aikatsu begins with Ichigo's best friend Aoi suggesting our heroine that they tryout to earn a place in the very prestigious Idol academy known as "Starlight Academy". Starlight Academy is a famous academy in the world of Aikatsu and Aoi herself who adores all things idols very much believes their time has come. Can an uncertain Ichigo believe in herself enough to pass an audition and join in the ranks of idolhood? Upon meeting Mizuki who is acclaimed as the most popular idol known currently, Hoshimiya decides to take the leap in the process changing her life forever. Now, my second assistant will help me critique the anime fairly and as accurate as possible.

Aoi Nee-San: Now that was something special! Though, was Aikatsu as special?

Well, Aoi. I honestly need to admit that Aikatsu is a very flawed anime that could of been great and an instant classic! While Aikatsu was certainly above average for sure and proved a long running idol anime could work, the anime seemed to really struggle at different points of its famous run. If it was starting bland with very ugly CGI or a horrible executed fifty one episode second season that introduced less interesting characters that caused just uprising characters to fade into a role of become sideline catchphrase characters. Sadly, a girl known by the name of Otome really never recovered from what I witnessed and even an attempt to keep her relevant felt lackluster compared to the character who had the throne before her. Avoiding spoilers, it was a pity. Aikatsu also had struggles later on and at times had art that was really nothing amazing. Actually, it was even trash at times. Though despite my criticism, Aikatsu really did shine in certain areas as wel-

Yurika-Sama: Did you even like our 170+ episode anime?
Aoi Nee-San: Personally, I thought it was very special!

Letting me finish girls, yes I did enjoy the vibrant world that was Aikatsu. It had a fantastic cast of characters and is entertaining despite the flaws. It also has fantastic music and is certainly a must watch for fans of idol anime. Though, if you fail to enjoy anime that are dragged on or that can be called cute, avoid Aikatsu. Also, did I mention that the voice cast will be returning for Aikatsu Stars? So, if you enjoyed the VA for Aikatsu then you'll likely be pleased at the news!

Yurika-Sama: By the way, what is your opinion on me?

Best girl.

Yurika-Sama: W-Wha?

Anywho. Thanks for reading. Let's all.....

Akari: You barely discussed me...

Listen, future watchers won't want to be spoiled! You are amazing, no fear. Anyway...

Me with Yurika, Aoi and Akari: Lets all Aikatsu!