PDA

View Full Version : [Multi] Battleborn

Ranshiin
04-15-2016, 01:28 PM
tl;dr https://battleborn.com/

So who here has heard of/played this, yet? tl;dr to the tl;dr above it's an FPS/MOBA-hybrid developed by Gearbox (aka Borderlands). There's an open beta currently active on Xbox One and PC (I think the PS4 beta is over now).

Thoughts? Opinions? My old Borderlands group seem pretty stoked about this. Not played the multiplayer yet, but played a bit of the 'story' mode. Looks fun. Hard as hell. Funny, too.

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Nah, all Betas end on April 18th at 7am PST (2pm UTC).

Anyway, I thought it was okay. Something I would get on sale, and it's something I would rather play with people.

Kirito
04-15-2016, 08:35 PM
I see a lot of my friends playing it, I'll probably try it out.

Vintniv
04-21-2016, 06:01 PM
Gave it a shot. I like the cartoonish style, feels like a offspring of Borderlands and Ratchet and Clank. Although I'm not interested in PVP like this, feels too much like TF2. The story looks interesting, but the battles get so chaotic that its hard to tell friend from foe sometimes. Played Oscar Mike and Orendi, pretty interesting. I would be way more interested in it if there was another PvE element to it, I dont want to regrind through story mission or play a versus mode to unlock crap.

ChibiLovett
05-01-2016, 12:54 AM
I absolutely love the Borderlands series (Okay that might be a slight understatement given the amount of money and time that I've put into it and merchandise, not to mention I have a tattoo for it and am planning at least one more. LOL), so honestly I knew I was going to get it just because it's Gearbox. I unfortunately missed the beta because I didn't know it was there until it was close to being shut down and I was supposed to play it with my friend, but she kept putting it off until it was too late. >.> I've found gameplay on YouTube, though, that makes it look like it definitely won't disappoint! My friend and I are already planning to play it on release day. :D Obviously there is the chance I'm wrong, but it looks pretty awesome nonetheless. It should at least be enough to hold me over until Borderlands 3, if nothing else. xD

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Might get the game now since it's $15.

ChibiLovett
08-02-2016, 06:22 PM
After playing it obsessively for at least two weeks after it released and still playing it regularly, I can at least safely say that I highly recommend it, for sure! My friend and I have played the story mode over and over again and have yet to get bored, especially with variations in the dialogue each time, and the lore challenges will keep you busy for quite a while since some are pretty tricky, but the lore you get is great. The only real problem I've found is the time it takes to find other players in matchmaking, though that might just be because everyone is playing Overwatch instead so there just aren't many people to match with, especially with how long the matches are. Other than that, it's really a very good game. :) Very Gearbox, though, and be prepared for A LOT of super bright colors. LOL