PDA

View Full Version : Í Gundam: First Impressions

SGI
10-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Well, haveing strived through the internet and various Gundam forums, i've noticed the constant dogging of ÍGundam (Turn A Gundam). Be it driven by curiosity, or a lack of any more anime to watch I purchased an import DVD boxed set (yes bottleg). Having seen the first 6 episodes I am wondering, what is bad about this series.

To be frank, I like it. This series has stepped away from various Gundam traditions with a complete change of setting. No longer is it space colonies and futuristic enviroments, but rather an early 20th Century.

And the ridiculous Mecha designs? Okay I conceed that the Í Gundam does look kind of silly with the moustache, but the MS designs are perfectly fitting to the setting and actually add to the style.

And the script is absolutely astounding in the wonderful character driven script, rather than starting out with a war it shows the building up to this war. (In fact the 1st episode has NO action whatsoever).

And the soundtrack.... wow the orchestral scores by the legendary Yoko Kanno (Macross Plus, Escaflowne) are enough to make any anime fan cream their pants.

So anybody who has seen Gundam and dislike it should try and see it for a good story, and Gundam fans should see it to see how far Gundam can go.

So far a very very good story.

heerosgurl
10-04-2003, 11:17 AM
I would not recommend Turn A for new commers of Gundam. Not at all.
MSG is really the best, but people can't seem to get past the old animation.
Actually if you compare Turn A with Char's Counterattack, you'd see why people don't tend to like Turn A. I mean, it's just not what alot of people are used to.
Gundam SEED is what I recommend to people that are new to Gundam.
Turn A is all of matter of taste. Some people like it, and some people don't. It just really depends.

tiv
04-03-2004, 05:33 PM
i LOVED turn a gundam O____o; i don&#39;t know what&#39;s wrong with those people <_<