PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II

DeathBlade/13.666
02-14-2016, 01:40 PM
As many know by now, J.K. Rowling is coming out with an eight book for the Harry Potter Franchise. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II is co-authored by J.K. with playwrights Jack Thorne and John Tiffany. In fact, the story itself is all just a play based on the Series, roughly 19 years after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and the book itself is actually just the script for the play itself (presumably re-written out of the play format and into a more novel one). According to Wikipedia, there will be a First Edition, Special Rehearsal Edition, and Definitive Collector’s Edition of the book to be published.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Harry_Potter_Cursed_Child_Play.jpg

There is no word on a movie being produced on this yet, but I would expect someone to attempt to approach the idea, though they may have to use different actors due to age issues.

So, any excited Potterheads out there?

P.S.: I went ahead and deleted Clayton_n's pic dump thread and made a proper one for the topic.

Holocast
02-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Well, if it's true, I'd certainly be happy about it. I actually just finished a binge watch of all the previous movies lol

But yeah, it would be fun for a new book to come out. A lot of people got overtly emotional when the seventh book was released xD So a new one would definitely be interesting. I currently own the whole book series, including the one that's being made into a movie this year(?), so it'll be cool for more books to come out.

I can definitely see them using new actors, since the old ones were already looking too old by the sixth movie lol

DeathBlade/13.666
02-15-2016, 03:30 PM
Hey, Holocast, I went ahead and moved your post from the old thread to this new one so you can kept the already made post when I trash that thread. I also struck out the beginning as it no longer applies. XD But feel free to re-edit that if you want, and however you want.

Also, Moving this to Literature so that Kleio and Fabala can rave about it in their section. ;P

someoneofforumpast
02-15-2016, 03:48 PM
If I remember what I heard correctly then the drop date is July 31, 2016 which would be HP's BDay. And I think that there will be a movie made for this, but give it a couple years for Part II to finish out, and by that time Good ol HP should be old enough to give a lil make-up and they will be working. I mean if they can Animate Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the HG Movies then they can animate an older Potter for sure.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Yeah, the confirmed drop date is July 31st, 2016, and the Play's first performance is on the 30th, the day prior.

someoneofforumpast
02-16-2016, 07:58 AM
So if that is only Part I it is safe to say that she is still writing Part II. Which if that is true it might be a year or two before then, and if Hollywood is smart or at least Warner Bro's then they would wait for the finished product, and will probably turn it into 4 movies.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-16-2016, 08:57 AM
So if that is only Part I it is safe to say that she is still writing Part II. Which if that is true it might be a year or two before then, and if Hollywood is smart or at least Warner Bro's then they would wait for the finished product, and will probably turn it into 4 movies.

So far, everything I've read indicates that it will be both 1 and 2 together when released.

someoneofforumpast
02-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Oh well we all know what can be done with 1 small book :D Not saying any hollywood movies Hobbit

DeathBlade/13.666
02-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Lol yeah, but The Hobbit was no small story either. But being that it's already a play I assume they'll only break it down to two movies (one per part) or make it one whole long movie.

someoneofforumpast
02-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Lol yeah, but The Hobbit was no small story either. But being that it's already a play I assume they'll only break it down to two movies (one per part) or make it one whole long movie.

Don't let Hollywood lead you astray. They will probably make 6 movies out of both parts.

Kirito
02-16-2016, 04:31 PM
*Excitement Intensifies*

Clayton_n
02-17-2016, 11:58 AM
I keep picturing Rowling rolling around in a huge pile of money and laughing maniacally.

mynamebilalzahid
03-17-2016, 12:15 AM
emmmmmmmm, if this is true then i will really really be happy for this. :-D

Clayton_n
06-16-2016, 05:59 PM
It should be out shortly. I ordered my copy at the library. I'm not paying until I know if it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmXPcSxz2g

Digimon_Sommelier
06-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Best thing for the movie-makers to do now is make this movie CGI, because I really can't see a Harry Potter movie without Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, or Rupert Grint starring in it. I'm already not pleased that Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (2016) won't do a flash forward to the future, showing theatergoers how Harry and the gang are doing. (Don't quote me on that; I heard in a Daniel Radcliffe interview that he probably won't be in the film). That aside, I will partly enjoy FBAWTFT, however, since it's in the HP universe after all.

KatyRet
07-10-2016, 07:54 AM
I can't see a Harry Potter without Daniel Radcliffe too :angry1::angry1:

Clayton_n
08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
he's old enough for the role

http://theshakespeareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/daniel-radcliffe-the-woman-in-black.jpg

Anyway the book was a little off since JK didn't write it herself, but not too bad for a time travel story.

I really hope they do the right thing and kill Voldemort's daughter, rather than wait fo other dark wizards to rally around her once her identity is revealed. I'd be like "Yeah... we had her tied up and then she fell down some stairs. Time travel.... what can you do?"

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/40d141b3b3d646a7e51a2d81b5e1bcf6312896376e3c21077a 2eb2b9f26cb2bd_1.jpg

Digimon_Sommelier
08-12-2016, 11:12 PM
I read the book, or script, and I thought . . . um, Harry Potter gets treated like sh- by his own child. That should really happen when the kid's a teenager. Two: there isn't really a "cursed child" in this. Or it could be that Albus is the son of the most famous wizard in the magical world, which could be a blessing or a "curse." I liked Malfoy's son, Scorpius, Albus's best friend. I won't spoil anything else, but the plot was solid and the dialogue flowed well. The big shocker is _______________. See? Told you I wouldn't post spoilers! lol

sonmocviet
10-20-2016, 05:13 AM
I mean if they can Animate Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the HG Movies then they can animate an older Potter for sure.

Digimon_Sommelier
10-20-2016, 07:35 AM
Better make this one a cartoon because riots will start if Daniel Radcliffe doesn't play the adult Harry Potter in the movie (assuming there'll be one) version. Plus, what luck! Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is a 5-part movie series. They should film 'Cursed Child' after that with Daniel, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, and Tom Felton reprising their roles, among others. I would be so excited to see that!! xD

comprar
01-28-2017, 06:47 AM
I mean if they can Animate Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the HG Movies then they can animate an older Potter for sure.

PictureGuy
01-28-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm waiting for Harry Potter and the Virgin Sacrifice.

Digimon_Sommelier
01-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Or Harry Potter and the 5 'o Clock Shadow!