PDA

View Full Version : Fushigi yuugi

Winter_Tasuki_Uki
07-25-2002, 03:02 PM
I mean Fushigi Yuugi is so funny!!(and somewhat sad)

Joseph Larker
07-25-2002, 07:37 PM
Actually that's a pretty good idea.  I've seen the whole series, and it's fairly clean (with the exception of the last couple of episodes), so little or hopefully no editing will be necessary.  However, some of the "suggestive themes" in the series and don't forget the mad amount of cross-dressing (nuriko and sometimes, hotohori) could possibly put it into Adult swim.  So, it wouldn't take batman beyond off the air...  

BTW Tasuki, nice ava.  You have good taste.  ^_^ \V/

Ariumi Ketsyuki
07-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Don't double-post next time.

Ariumi Ketsyuki
08-03-2002, 11:24 AM
I remember saying something about double-posting. --;

And I know this is completely off topic, but Ashita-hun, on your sig, it says "Kimi o aishiteru." Am I right? Well.. That's a VERY intense way to say "I love you." and it'd never be displayed in public. Just letting you know...

Although I'd like to see Fushigi Yuugi on American television, I'd hate to see it dubbed and edited to nothing, so I don't think they should show it.

Joseph Larker
08-10-2002, 10:18 AM
I've seen it dubbed and subbed. Â*And this one is definately better subbed. Â*The dubbed version screwed up everybodies names. Â*My friend who bought the dubbed ones and I got into the big ugly argument over how Nakago's name is pronounced. Â**sigh* Â*The dubbing is bad, but it's tolerable.

Oh yeah, I have the series subbed in Real Player format for anybody who wants it.  Just IM me with aim or yahoo or sumpin'.Before any edits, Post was:
I've seen it dubbed and subbed.  And this one is definately better subbed.  The dubbed version screwed up everybodies names.  My friend who bought the dubbed ones and I got into the big ugly argument over how Nakago's name is pronounced.  *sigh*  The dubbing is bad, but it's tolerable.After Edit by: Joseph Larker on Aug. 10 2002,08:19 am, Post is:
I've seen it dubbed and subbed. Â*And this one is definately better subbed. Â*The dubbed version screwed up everybodies names. Â*My friend who bought the dubbed ones and I got into the big ugly argument over how Nakago's name is pronounced. Â**sigh* Â*The dubbing is bad, but it's tolerable.

Oh yeah, I have the series subbed in Real Player format for anybody who wants it.  Just IM me with aim or yahoo or sumpin'.

Urameshi Keiko
08-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Hai, they should air it. It would be most likely that it be on Adult Swim, but it would be better for Toonami. It needs some new anime if any at all anymore. Toonami isn't the same as it was two years ago.

Kawaii Haruka
10-10-2002, 02:01 PM
I would love to see Fushugi Yugi on Toonami (It would probably be called "Mysterious Play"), but censors will have one fun time trying to figure out what to do with Nuriko, they could make him female or just say Nuriko and Hotohori are cousins (sorry, pun on censorship of Sailor Moon). Of course they have to filter out a couple of four letter words that Taski says in battle (I think that's the only place... I am used to seeing the words in Subtitle... so.. I could be wrong).

The only thing that would be a problem (seeing as they can't say die or death- Gundam Wing.. I figure they'd have a problem) with a suggested rape scene and other suggestive themes that revolve around that. I mean.. it's a little important that Nakago (spelling?) makes Yui hate her bestfriedn because he makes her think she was raped and it was all Miaka's fault?

I doubt Toonami would ever run it. I think they should do uncut anime on the Midnight run (of course adding the appropriate warnings for idiots) and then problem solved.

I too think anime is more important than Batman Beyond...

ruka

Miracle
10-12-2002, 08:48 PM
I would hate it if Toonami messed FY up like that, they should run it on Adult Swim so it would only be mild editing.Before any edits, Post was:
I would hate it if Toonami messed FY up like that, they should rn it on Adult Swim so it would onyl be mild editing.After Edit by: Michiru Kaioh on Oct. 12 2002,8:50 pm, Post is:
I would hate it if Toonami messed FY up like that, they should run it on Adult Swim so it would only be mild editing.

tiv
04-25-2004, 02:12 AM
they&#39;d have to show it at night, if at all....and, truthfully...<_< there is a lot of anime that gets cut up when put on the air in the states because of the content and this one would be cut as well...