PDA

View Full Version : Highschool of the Dead

Sulkin
01-22-2016, 04:25 AM
I finished the series tonight (I had to look away at some points tbh) I was wondering if there's any more anime like it? I don't mean all the panty shots either- I mean anime with zombies. I'm a big fan of zombies so if you know of any please let me know!! I love the gore, and the whole survival thing. :p

Holocast
01-22-2016, 05:29 AM
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday without God) - Basically a different play on the zombie-idea. God has abandoned the Earth and now people are unable to die. Gravekeepers are the only ones able to let the dying rest, and you follow the journey of a girl named Ai who lost her whole village to a slaughtering and ventures out into the world. Basically it focuses on the true effects of an apocalypse happening.

Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) - Basically you follow the life of Takeya Yuki during her school life - her friends, her fun clubs, and how much she just enjoys her time at school. That is, until one day when her perfect school life turns into a zombie-filled nightmare. It pretty much combines cute chibi-esque girls and graphic zombie violence. It starts off super adorable and shojo-like but in the first episode they quickly prove that isn't all to the anime.

And finally...

Sankarea (Sankarea: Undying Love) - Our main character Chihiro loves everything that has to do with zombies, and one of his dreams is to meet a zombie girl and make her his girlfriend. When his pet dies, he attempts to try and bring his pet back to life, so he sneaks into an abandoned building and starts working on a resurrection potion. A beautiful girl named Rea happens to also be in the building on the same night, and the story takes off from there.

I've seen all these and highly recommend them all. They're fantastic and kept me entertained the whole way through.

Kumagawa
01-22-2016, 07:41 AM
'I Am A Hero' is probably the best zombie story out there. I like it because both the characters and the plot are realistic, but the story always retains a surrealistic tone. You might not like it though, as it's a manga and I don't know if you can read.

someoneofforumpast
01-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday without God) - Basically a different play on the zombie-idea. God has abandoned the Earth and now people are unable to die. Gravekeepers are the only ones able to let the dying rest, and you follow the journey of a girl named Ai who lost her whole village to a slaughtering and ventures out into the world. Basically it focuses on the true effects of an apocalypse happening.

Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) - Basically you follow the life of Takeya Yuki during her school life - her friends, her fun clubs, and how much she just enjoys her time at school. That is, until one day when her perfect school life turns into a zombie-filled nightmare. It pretty much combines cute chibi-esque girls and graphic zombie violence. It starts off super adorable and shojo-like but in the first episode they quickly prove that isn't all to the anime.

And finally...

Sankarea (Sankarea: Undying Love) - Our main character Chihiro loves everything that has to do with zombies, and one of his dreams is to meet a zombie girl and make her his girlfriend. When his pet dies, he attempts to try and bring his pet back to life, so he sneaks into an abandoned building and starts working on a resurrection potion. A beautiful girl named Rea happens to also be in the building on the same night, and the story takes off from there.

I've seen all these and highly recommend them all. They're fantastic and kept me entertained the whole way through.

I have read Sankarea and I have not given the anime a chance yet. I felt the manga was a bit rushed and too short.

Hmmmmmmmmmm Zombies. Zombies.... Brains...... I have not watched many shows like this. I watched Highschool of the Dead and that was about it, not saying there aren't more about Zombies cause that was trend for a while.

Moonlit Samurai
01-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Sankarea seems like it would be hilarious. I love satire so I'm thinking of checking that out.

Kumagawa
01-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Sankarea seems like it would be hilarious. I love satire so I'm thinking of checking that out.

It's not really satire though, so be warned. It's a standard harem-esque story with a vaguely interesting gimmick.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

(I had to look away at some points tbh)

Because it was so bad?

käwäii
01-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Shiki It's not about zombies but vampires, but it had kinda similar vibe to a something zombie related, at least for me.

Already mentioned Sankarea, and School-Live! are recommended. To me they weren't super good, maybe Sankarea was a bit better, but definitely worth checking out, they aren't bad not at all. I guess I just have more tighter standards than I used to have.

Ragenomics
01-25-2016, 12:08 AM
Hellsing Ultimate, maybe. Has ghouls, which act like zombies, but has a lot of different enemies as well.

Clayton_n
01-25-2016, 12:03 PM
Episode 8 is my favorite

Zeed
01-27-2016, 07:59 AM
I have read it's manga and it has stopped, wonder when will it continue

Kumagawa
01-27-2016, 09:42 AM
I have read it's manga and it has stopped, wonder when will it continue

Oh boy do I have bad news for you