PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I watch Anime?

Meruem
01-13-2016, 01:12 PM
It's been going on for a while now whenever I watch anime I will most likely get bored, and open another tab and get distracted. Before I could sit and watch Anime and enjoy myself the Anime I am watching are perfectly fine and enjoyable but I just suddenly lost interested in all of them.

Do you guys ever feel like this and also do you have any solutions.
I thought about trying a different anime since most the anime I watch, are Action maybe a Slice of Life anime that's not too girly.

Jasanime
01-13-2016, 01:29 PM
I sometimes feel like watching anime becomes a chore, but then if i find a real 'gem' that is super awesome, it reminds why I love anime. Definitely try to find a new series. Something a little different and original.

Holocast
01-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Yeah, expand your horizons and try a new genre. I get the same way if a particular anime doesn't catch my interest at the time but I try to watch it anyway.

I really like Death Parade, the theme and plot was really interesting and I ended up binge watching all the episodes lol

Or you know, you could just try taking a break for a few days if you've been watching nothing but anime. Give yourself some breathing room then go back to it with a fresh mindset.

blueangel06661
01-13-2016, 02:13 PM
I've seen my fair share of anime.

Even now it's rare I watch a whole episode in one sitting (yes episode). I have to be super invested into the show to not stop and do something else mid-way.

A big factor is just not finding an anime that pulls you in enough. Quantity over quality. I good show that I got into that started off slow was Noragami. Food Wars was also a show I managed to binge watch without any problems.

Meruem
01-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Yeah, expand your horizons and try a new genre. I get the same way if a particular anime doesn't catch my interest at the time but I try to watch it anyway.

I really like Death Parade, the theme and plot was really interesting and I ended up binge watching all the episodes lol

Or you know, you could just try taking a break for a few days if you've been watching nothing but anime. Give yourself some breathing room then go back to it with a fresh mindset.

I've took a break but for a bit too long :/ What genres do you usually watch.

I sometimes feel like watching anime becomes a chore, but then if i find a real 'gem' that is super awesome, it reminds why I love anime. Definitely try to find a new series. Something a little different and original.

I feel exactly the same, like watching Anime is a chore. I just don't wanna lose interest in Anime since Anime is awesome >.<

Holocast
01-13-2016, 03:14 PM
I've took a break but for a bit too long :/ What genres do you usually watch?

I usually love horror, fantasy, and anything that's kind of out there and weird. I really love Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, if you haven't tried it yet. It's a good, mind-twisting anime.

Ragenomics
01-14-2016, 12:18 AM
I reach a stage of burnout with anime/manga sometimes, and my most recent episode of it was over a year long, so I'm kinda in the same boat. Then, one day I sat down and re-watched the move 'Redline'. This kinda rekindled my interest, and since then I've revisited 'Black Lagoon' and started up 'One Punch Man' on Hulu, so now I'm back into it pretty heavily. It helps to avoid overdoing a specific genre.

Kumagawa
01-14-2016, 07:57 AM
most the anime I watch, are Action maybe a Slice of Life anime that's not too girly.

Yeah, it sounds to me like you need to see something that has actual substance.

someoneofforumpast
01-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Maybe you have ADHD.........

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr91/Mjr162006/Squirrels/squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

Qoco
01-14-2016, 10:14 AM
If I get bored with a show it's probably because it sucks. I just pull through the torment and then find a new show, and one that many people recommend.

daft
01-14-2016, 06:16 PM
sometimes a person can grow out of it. people change, and so do their interests. i guess it's a matter of how badly you don't want to let go of a certain hobby, or you simply have a hard time broadening your tastes. perhaps you could try not frying your brain with so much anime to the point that you're bored with it?

360 FistKick!
01-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Sometimes I'll watch 2 or 3 episodes of something, get board, wander off and get a little high, then find myself craving the next episode... and snacks.

Not sure if that's your thing, but it works for me.

käwäii
01-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Maybe it's because people change as time goes by, or as they see something new. My tastes and criteria have definitely changed since I first started watching anime, like I don't watch at all or I drop the series, whereas in the beginning I might have been excited about it. Try something different genres, or something that's weird or bold or something like that. And maybe it's just that you have your limit full? I haven't watched anime now for about over a month because it felt like becoming kinda like chore, or something I'm supposed to do. So maybe some time off will do the trick.

Peppermint Hearts
01-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Well you shouldn't force yourself to watch anime, if it bores you so much then there is no sense in watching anime, watch something else for a change. I became bored with watching sitcoms and such on network TV so I don't watch that anymore.

Meruem
01-31-2016, 12:27 PM
Back into it yay!
Parasyte! Damn i'm literally entertained all the way.

Ota "The Cutest Otaku"
02-14-2016, 02:57 PM
It's kinda of been the same for me. I just feel like anime itself is becoming boring/predictable. And it often feels like a chore to me.