PDA

View Full Version : PM vs. SA

Ami~chan
06-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Spirited Away. I like it because you can show it to a wider range of people then you could with Princess Monoke. Princess Monoke you could show to little kinds because of the little bits of gore but Spirited away you could.

LadyPSerenity
06-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Princess Monoke... I watched this Anime, Found it rather interesting though for younger audiences the gore and the plot may be a tad difficult to follow. The art was interesting and the characters as well... though at times I found myself a little fallen behind with it. I am not slow... I just wasn't sure what was going to happen and why the hell it was happening when it did.

Spirited Away... I have yet to have the opportunity to view this anime. Though from what I have heard about it. It is well worth it. I am sure I will have the chance to hop in and view it sometime.

Believe
06-06-2003, 08:36 PM
I dont even need to watch Monokoke. Spirited Away is teh bestest anime movee EVAR!!!1!!!111! =D

Weetzie Bat
06-15-2003, 04:26 PM
I have a No-Face cell phone trinket.. ^^;

I have to say that I can't possibly choose. I mean, Princess Mononoke is wonderful for a slightly traditional anime, but then Spirited Away is something that leaves you there, thinking "wow.. just...wow"

So, yeah... I have to agree with you, Kai. ^^; Too hard to choose.

Chibi Jupiter
06-18-2003, 03:43 AM
Weetzie!!!!! i want one!!!!! i looooove no face

Okay i chose spirited away because i honestly think it's the best of them both. i mean don't get me wrong i LOVE princess mononoke.. its just that holy CRAP spirited away was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO endlessly good. I guess this sounds convincing HAHA...... Anyway they're both so original and brilliant and I adore them both to death, but (see i've actually freaking THOUGHT about this before this topic) i still chose spirited away over princess mononoke.

Anyone seen castle in the sky? That&#39;s pretty good, not to be compared to spirited away or princess mononoke but... <3

tate
07-20-2003, 02:32 AM
while spirited away had the more deep and revolutionary plot, i have to give the nod to spirited away mainly for one thing, the plot. Â*what was the point of the whole movie if bog god dies and the humans are just going to fight the forest tokers again? Â*

it&#39;s like nothing happened, nothing progressed. except wolf girl now has the hots for sars boy, and maybe she wouldn&#39;t kill him, but will slaughter other humans to protect the forest.

darienslover
08-04-2003, 07:37 PM
I personally liked PM better, but they were both REALLY good, so I voted for both.

I would love to see Mulder&#39;s face if Scully ever laughed at him like she does as Moro.

SquallRealm
08-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Hey, at least those pigs from SA -did- 0wn. xD

Kazukiyo
08-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Are you seriously attempting to compare the two of them? To those who prefer Princess Mononoke, something has to be wrong with you. Spirited Away is just so much more imaginative and creative than Princess Mononoke ever hoped to be. While Princess Mononoke, in my eyes, is merely a condensed version (thematically) of Nausicaa, the ideas and instances presented in Spirited Away are entirely new and more creatively conveyed.

Princess Mononoke is nothing but an overture to one of Miyazaki&#39;s true masterpieces, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. All Mononoke fans should definitely read it if you haven&#39;t already (don&#39;t watch the movie, read the four volumes of the manga series).

SquallRealm
08-18-2003, 02:36 AM
Okay, so it seems you like Spirited Away more. But let other people in here vote for for whom they like. There are various different anime from mecha to romance to action. If one doesnt like the others own tatse, let them be.

But the coparisment on the two was a bit out of odd, but exactly what were you to compare those two? Theyre both really good. Prolly mind bogling to you since you couldnt decide perhaps?

SquallRealm
08-19-2003, 03:46 PM
i alredi no how tu spel. =)

So, what would you have SA compared to? I mean, PM is very much the classic ordinary. Its old, nice music as SA does/ So what if the graphics are a bit crappy? Its still good.

SquallRealm
08-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Thank you Kokomi.
I just wanted to compare them and i did. Kazukiyo, just asked of all anime movies, why PM vs SA? Easy, because I wanted to. By far it was just a tough choice when thinking about it and yet both movies are, excellent. Â*=3

tiv
04-03-2004, 07:38 PM
i like them both...they&#39;re both solid peices of animation with good stories O_o;;

DivineSorceressX
04-18-2004, 03:36 AM
I like both cuz their both funny, action, romance, fantasy. They both had something freaky in their, such as a big giant baby in SA, that went around with a bare butt, and a granny with a head the size of her body, those were uh, freaky. In PM the dear with the strange head looked freaky, but I liked them both equally.
But, if I HAD to chose one, I would say.....PM, just cuz it had more action (and the character&#39;s look more older, which I like better, but thats just my taste for Anime, I like older character&#39;s when it comes to romance).