PDA

View Full Version : Who else plays Weiss Schwarz?

Umaru4life
12-18-2015, 05:03 PM
The last thread for weiss was like 3 years ago so I'm wondering if more people are playing it now. It's an anime-based card game including popular titles such as Nisekoi, Attack on Titan, Love Live, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Angel Beats, Bakemonogatari, Kill La Kill, Fate series, etc.

Currently, I have a Kotori waifu deck and a Tsugumi waifu deck. And i only play TCG.

So yeah, just wondering if there's other people on this forum who play. If you don't play, it wouldn't hurt to try. It's really easy to play and very fun:)

Arrisu
12-18-2015, 10:23 PM
I love that game~
I have the basic Madoka deck but I couldn't build on it since the boosters sold out and they stopped making them.
So then I made a badass Silica deck (red is definitely the best)!

RyuTama
12-19-2015, 12:58 AM
Uwoh, I've vaguely heard of Weiß Schwarz before, but I didn't know it was anime-based. Would this be something that'd be available at a regular comic book store? I haven't looked at the TCG section of my local store in years (stopped YGO and MTG in high school), but now I'm interested to see if they have this. Hell, I might even check this out in the morning. o.o *hopes there are some AoT packs I can buy*

Umaru4life
12-19-2015, 01:59 AM
Ribbon ahh that sucks...I live in CA and there's a huge card shop called Frank and Sons. They have a bunch of madoka magica booster boxes still I think. And there's always places like eBay. And is yours a Silica waifu deck or based around her?

RyuTama YES it's all anime-based :D . Umm the game is popular everywhere like ygo or mtg so not all comic book stores would have them. When I started playing, I just went on their web and looked at their store locator to find stores that sold weiss schwarz. I mainly started by buying on eBay though. I quit yugioh (which I've been playing competitively for like 5 yrs+) to play this game. Once you make a deck, you don't need to keep expanding to go against the meta (unless new cards come out for the series). One of the best parts about this game is that booster boxes are focused on only one series, so every card in that box will be from the anime you choose to make a deck for (unlike ygo, mtg, and pokemon).

RyuTama
12-19-2015, 02:07 AM
I live in California too, so yeah I'm sure there's someplace nearby I can get them from. My local stores don't show up on the shop locator they have, but then again neither does that Frank and Sons store you mentioned, so I'll probably go in and check anyway to be sure. Sounds cool though.

Umaru4life
12-19-2015, 10:03 AM
I live in California too, so yeah I'm sure there's someplace nearby I can get them from. My local stores don't show up on the shop locator they have, but then again neither does that Frank and Sons store you mentioned, so I'll probably go in and check anyway to be sure. Sounds cool though.

Oh ok. Well Frank and Sons is in SoCal. But yeah, if you look up Frank and Sons, the place is AMAZING. It's not just card games. It's like an indoor swapmeet but more professional. They have cards, action figures, anime figures, LEGOs, anime merchandise, comic books, disney stuff, etc. It's like maybe 100 or more vendors.

Sustainna
12-21-2015, 10:36 AM
No one in my area plays :( but I have a pair of decks.
And an RRR Holo Excellent Sniper Sinon :)

Umaru4life
12-21-2015, 01:46 PM
No one in my area plays :( but I have a pair of decks.
And an RRR Holo Excellent Sniper Sinon :)

Ooh what decks do you have? and nice :D

Sustainna
12-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Ooh what decks do you have? and nice :D

the SAO II starter deck with a few cards switched around with SAO II pack cards and a love live starter deck.
Would love to get my hands on a Madoka Magica homura deck though.

Umaru4life
12-24-2015, 02:30 AM
the SAO II starter deck with a few cards switched around with SAO II pack cards and a love live starter deck.
Would love to get my hands on a Madoka Magica homura deck though.

ahh that sucks that no one plays in your area. I used to buy trial decks only b/c I didn't know anyone who played. But when I introduced it to my friends, I started playing a bit more competitively (I like playing competitively in card games, such as yugioh).