PDA

View Full Version : Anime Forum's 2015 Game of the Year Awards [Discussion & Nominations Thread]

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-13-2015, 07:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/S5oKhIS.gif

Hard to believe GOTYs were never made despite how long Anime Forum has been around, but it's always better late than never, right?

So as the thread's name implies, we will decide our game of the year as a community. Due to the size of our community, as well as this being our first event, I want to keep it simple and just have one category.

So with that being said, let's look back at what this year has offered in terms of gaming and to recognize which game deserves game of the year.

So shall we begin?!

Guidelines

1. To participate in this event, you must place your top games of 2015 in no particular order. The minimum of games you can nominate is 1 while the maximum is 15. (Otherwise it beats the purpose of making this)

1.5 As stated above, it is not required that you post your list of games in a particular order but it is recommended. You don't need to follow any necessary formats as long as understandable.

2. You must only post games that were released in 2015. Remasters and (late) Ports that released in 2015 are allowed as well. Late regional releases are allowed as well but try to be honest and use this rule if it actually applies to you. Don't lie just so you can include a game to your list.

2.1 While not required, it would be helpful to state what system you played the game on.

2.2 As long as you know enough about the game (whether someone told you about it or watched a full playthrough), you're allowed to nominate it.

3. You can submit your list of games as soon as this thread is live. You may edit your list as much as you want until the deadline. Nominations will be accepted until December 22nd 11:59 EST. Anything after that will not be considered.

4. Once we meet our deadline, I will tally up all nominations and whatever game makes it to the the Top 10 will make it to the next round.

If for some weird reason you don't have an idea of what games were released in 2015, here's a list (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming) that will be very helpful.

Have Fun!

Skylar1
12-13-2015, 07:52 PM
I vote bloodborne. Also, bethesda needs to learn to stop being sneaky with always realesing close to end of the year. Sorry, bethesda, this time around I'm going to lump you with 2016 games. Car makers do the same thing and so should they

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-13-2015, 08:05 PM
I vote bloodborne. Also, bethesda needs to learn to stop being sneaky with always realesing close to end of the year. Sorry, bethesda, this time around I'm going to lump you with 2016 games. Car makers do the same thing and so should they

So Bloodborne was this only game you played this year, or worthy of your nomination? http://i.imgur.com/yPEbEgW.gif

Just making sure if the rules weren't clear enough, that's all. ^^;;

Skylar1
12-13-2015, 08:55 PM
So Bloodborne was this only game you played this year, or worthy of your nomination? http://i.imgur.com/yPEbEgW.gif

Just making sure if the rules weren't clear enough, that's all. ^^;;
Bloodborne is my nomination. Sorry, I have the habit of rambling on sometimes.

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Alright cool. I'll copy and paste mine:

My Top 15
Xenoblade X
The Witcher 3 (PC)
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
Fallout 4 (PC)
Dying Light (PC)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PC)
Rocket League (PS4)
Bloodborne
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4)
Fatal Frame V
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Honorable Mentions:
Clannad
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4)
Dragon Quest Heroes
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Arslan Senki
Majora's Mask 3DS
Resident Evil HD

daft
12-14-2015, 12:41 AM
hotline miami 2: wrong number (ps3)

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-14-2015, 02:05 AM
hotline miami 2: wrong number (ps3)

Good pick. I really enjoyed both this one and the first one. I bought them during a Steam sale and I'm currently playing the first one on PS Vita. I loved the second one so I would love to get it on PS Vita as well.

I should put it in my honorable mentions. While I enjoyed it, it can't beat the other games.

Kirito
12-14-2015, 07:53 AM
Eh so games that were released in 2014 on PC but released in 2015 on consoles don't apply?

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Eh so games that were released in 2014 on PC but released in 2015 on consoles don't apply?

What I meant with the part of the rule exception was that they can override the 2015 rule.

Cause like although a Remastered game released this year, the actual game is old. Same applies to old console games coming to PC this year.

EDIT: I fixed it so it makes more sense now.

Kirito
12-14-2015, 09:35 AM
What I meant with the part of the rule exception was that they can override the 2015 rule.

Cause like although a Remastered game released this year, the actual game is old. Same applies to old console games coming to PC this year.

EDIT: I fixed it so it makes more sense now.

So then they do apply xD? Confusion was super effective!

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-14-2015, 09:38 AM
So then they do apply xD? Confusion was super effective!

Yes they do, as long as the Remaster or late port was released in 2015.

Kirito
12-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Alright the I'll throw a few out ~

- Fallout 4
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One/PS4)
- Dying Light
- Mortal Kombat X
- Witcher III

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Alright the I'll throw a few out ~

- Fallout 4
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One/PS4)
- Dying Light
- Mortal Kombat X
- Witcher III

Oh....that makes sense.

ZombieWolf2508
12-14-2015, 10:51 AM
I haven't played many 2015 games because I'm a filthy last-gen peasant (rip). As a matter of fact, the only two I can think of off the top of my head are Blops3 and Teslagrad. However, if Kaitou+ is willing to allow us to count playthroughs we've watched, then I have quite a few in mind.

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-14-2015, 11:00 AM
I haven't played many 2015 games because I'm a filthy last-gen peasant (rip). As a matter of fact, the only two I can think of off the top of my head are Blops3 and Teslagrad. However, if Kaitou+ is willing to allow us to count playthroughs we've watched.

That would be like a reviewer watching someone's playthrough and then write a review about the game. (Although I'm sure some of these dudes do that anyway)

So yeah, no. I dunno why would you recommend a game you didn't play.

EDIT: I might consider it if this thing ends up kind of dead.

Ranshiin
12-14-2015, 11:15 AM
There haven't really been many games in 2015 I've actually bought or found to be 'good' games so...

Games that I've played/am aware of that I feel are worthy of a GOTY title, in order;

1) Rocket League
2) Fallout 4 (I haven't played it but I can tell that it's a good game from hearing about it)
3) Grand Theft Auto V
4) Forza Motorsport 6 (even though I don't own it)
5) Yoshi's Woolly World (It's pretty creative)

Yeah, not many games of 2015 that have remotely interested me. I'm keeping the "Kickstarter" games that I play/own such as Carmageddon Reincarnation, Wreckfest and Grip off of the list because they either aren't actually finished yet or in C:R's case even though it's been launched, it's still not content-complete and a bit buggy.

:/ Yes, I am sad.

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Screw it. If you know enough about a game and heard its good or watched a full playthrough then its allowed.

Arrisu
12-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Hm.. here's my list in no particular order~
- Sims 4
- Super Mario Maker
- UNDERTALE
- Fallout 4

That's about it~

ZombieWolf2508
12-14-2015, 01:51 PM
In that case:

- The Witcher 3
- Fallout4
- Bloodborne
- Super Mario Maker

Of the ones I remember, those were the best.

Ranshiin
12-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Screw it. If you know enough about a game and heard its good or watched a full playthrough then its allowed.
Yeah, if we were only allowed to vote for games we've played my list would be 2 long :x I haven't even finished Woolly World. I can't be bothered to load my WiiU up at all.

Sometimes there are cases where we just don't play games. I mean, I just can't be bothered to, say, buy Undertale or play Splatoon or whatever. :x

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Btw, Telltale's Game of Thrones and Tales of Borderlands also count if you guys were wondering. I mean, most of their episodes came out in 2015 anyway.

Ranshiin
12-15-2015, 06:18 AM
I assumed that, but I haven't played either and aside from the fact I find the cutscenes in TFTB amusing I haven't played either of them and don't intend to, they're point-and-click games. :/

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-15-2015, 09:55 AM
I assumed that, but I haven't played either and aside from the fact I find the cutscenes in TFTB amusing I haven't played either of them and don't intend to, they're point-and-click games. :/

Oh that post was directed at everyone, lol.

Ranshiin
12-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Oh that post was directed at everyone, lol.
I know :P

Anime Forum
12-16-2015, 12:06 AM
Fallout 4 and Madden 16

Lightfighter
12-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Mine is the Witcher 3.

Turboscarf
12-20-2015, 01:46 PM
My top 5 for this year:
1 - Witcher 3
2 - Kerbal Space Program
3 - Metal Gear Solid 5
4 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
5 - Fallout 4

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-21-2015, 10:58 AM
One more day, guys. If you need to edit your list or add some more games, best do it by now.

Hanamaru Kunikida
12-22-2015, 11:01 PM
This is now closed. Now it's time to tally.

Okay, so according to the tallies, these are the games that will make it to the next around:

Fallout 4 - IIIIIII
The Witcher 3 - IIIII
Super Mario Maker - III
Bloodborne - III
Rocket League - II
Yoshi's Woolly World - II
Dying Light - II