PDA

View Full Version : Telltale Games, they could produce really good anime-based video games

Lightfighter
09-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Imagine a game stylized similarly to the Wolf Among Us, but with Ed and Al from FMA. How awesome would that be? You could be forced to make tough calls like whether or not to mercy-kill a chimera made using a human, who to save in a crisis, etc.

You might say, "the market isn't big enough and it wouldn't sell enough." It doesn't really matter. The Telltale games are relatively low cost and don't sell like bigger titles anyway.

Of course, the real challenge would be getting all the original voice actors, Japanese or English.

Lightfighter
09-18-2015, 09:34 PM
No one?

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-19-2015, 12:00 AM
They can only pull it off if they make a good enough story, which for their sake, the mangaka needs to write it, just like Robert Kirkman helped with The Walking Dead. But I don't think any Shonen series (especially battle manga) should be made into a movie-like game. That's just so much potential wasted.

So what I think is that you don't want an anime game made by Telltale but more like an action RPG game that allows you to make such decisions. I mean, why the hell would you want an Anime QTE game? Especially if it's a battle anime. And the tough decisions are only tough when they can potentially impact the story or you get too attached to the characters.

Lightfighter
09-20-2015, 08:55 PM
I looked at Telltale because they have proven that they can produce a low-cost, high quality game in collaboration with TV/film studios. Along with the fact that their graphics and art style would work very well with anime. Sure, I'd love a triple A action RPG developed by one of the heavy hitters, I'm just not optimistic that will happen. Anime video games seem to always boil down to fighting games.