PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on The New PowerPuff Girls

Midnightblade
06-16-2015, 03:37 PM
I made a video giving my opinion on the change for PowerPuff Girls voices for the PPG reboot coming in 2016, after I read Tara Strong's tweets. Enjoy the video and let me know what you think of the matter.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u1i6d_addressing-the-new-powerpuff-girls-voice-actors_creation

Digimon_Sommelier
06-16-2015, 04:42 PM
This is awesome!!

Clayton_n
06-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Didn't they already have an anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQOUEVUsNW0

Ωmega
06-16-2015, 07:02 PM
I was actually really disappointed that they didnt reach out to the other voice actresses, who *all* seemed very eager and willing to reprise their roles as Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

daft
06-17-2015, 01:52 AM
why fix what isn't broken? if kids really are curious about powerpuff girls, then just air the original show. besides, kids nowadays usually enjoy cartoons no matter who the voice actors are. and fans of the original will most likely be unsatisfied and still prefer the original over a revamped version anyway

Midnightblade
06-17-2015, 09:01 AM
This is awesome!!

Indeed, I just wish there were reprising of roles. Bu from what I hear McCraken's not overseeing the reboot so that might have something to do with it.

Didn't they already have an anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQOUEVUsNW0

Yes it did, and the cast was different with the english dub too.

I was actually really disappointed that they didnt reach out to the other voice actresses, who *all* seemed very eager and willing to reprise their roles as Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed too, but hopefully the new cast can hold their own...Hopefully...

why fix what isn't broken? if kids really are curious about powerpuff girls, then just air the original show. besides, kids nowadays usually enjoy cartoons no matter who the voice actors are. and fans of the original will most likely be unsatisfied and still prefer the original over a revamped version anyway

Why fix what ain't broken? Profit. PPG was a very lucrative franchise and I'm guessing they think lightening will strike twice by reintroducing a new interpretation to a new generation. And the part about the kids not caring who the cast are is partially why the cast was changed to begin with from what I understand.

And yes there will be those who prefer the original over the reboot, I'm one of them. But I'm just hoping there will be some effort in this reboot, as opposed to "it's a kids show, just make whatever and they'll like it."

Aurbere
06-17-2015, 02:35 PM
There's a new PowerPuff Girls!? I remember watching the old series, lol.

I'll have to check it out for some nostalgia.

Midnightblade
06-17-2015, 05:24 PM
There's a new PowerPuff Girls!? I remember watching the old series, lol.

I'll have to check it out for some nostalgia.

Yeah there's gonna be a reboot coming out next year. I'm not certain of the details, but all I know is the Craig McCracken isn't overseeing the reboot, and the PPG have been re-casted, which is upsetting. Buuuut hopefully people who worked on the original show will take the reigns...

lolapaolaberry
07-09-2015, 06:16 AM
New Powerpuff Girls???? Whut, What, Where????? OMG

truegamenerd
07-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Didn't this come in Japan about seven years ago or so? I remember hearing about it when I was about fifteen or so...Interesting.

Midnightblade
07-15-2015, 11:35 PM
New Powerpuff Girls???? Whut, What, Where????? OMG

Yeah, apparently there will be a PowerPuff Girls reboot in 2016.

Didn't this come in Japan about seven years ago or so? I remember hearing about it when I was about fifteen or so...Interesting.

Is it possible that you could elaborate on that? o_O

truegamenerd
07-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Yeah, apparently there will be a PowerPuff Girls reboot in 2016.

Is it possible that you could elaborate on that? o_O

In 2006 there was a version of the POwerpuff girls animated for Japan. The series was called "Powerpuff Girls Z" It came out around 2006. My guess would be that it was cheaper to produce rather than dub the series in Japan. I remember hearing about before it came out when I was about fifteen. You can read all about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z I think you might have mentioned this already....

I didn't know that they had dubbed the series though...I'm wondering if the reboot will reference this....

Midnightblade
07-24-2015, 02:39 PM
In 2006 there was a version of the POwerpuff girls animated for Japan. The series was called "Powerpuff Girls Z" It came out around 2006. My guess would be that it was cheaper to produce rather than dub the series in Japan. I remember hearing about before it came out when I was about fifteen. You can read all about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z I think you might have mentioned this already....

I didn't know that they had dubbed the series though...I'm wondering if the reboot will reference this....

Oh that, yeah I'm familiar with PPGZ, and yes it's been dubbed. I want to finish that series. But my video focuses on a reboot of the original PPG created by Craig McCraken only apparently he's not at the helm.

truegamenerd
07-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Oh that, yeah I'm familiar with PPGZ, and yes it's been dubbed. I want to finish that series. But my video focuses on a reboot of the original PPG created by Craig McCraken only apparently he's not at the helm.

Ah, I gotcha. I'm interested to see how the reboot turns out. I'm a little terrified of the idea considering how most reboots turn out to be but you never know.

KingSogeking
08-02-2015, 07:40 AM
I am not bothered they got new voice actors for the roles because I think its good to get more people into voice acting.

Midnightblade
12-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Ah, I gotcha. I'm interested to see how the reboot turns out. I'm a little terrified of the idea considering how most reboots turn out to be but you never know.

That's why I'mma just wait, and see how this turns out... Because for all I know it could defy expectations or maybe the worst thing ever.

I am not bothered they got new voice actors for the roles because I think its good to get more people into voice acting.

You have a good point... The new cast allows new opportunities for new VAs. Christ, why didn't I think o0f that? >.<