PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Tips

AngryYoungMan
09-14-2004, 07:27 PM
I just thought I'd make this in case there were people like me who have so much in their head but no art skill. I could produce amazing images (maybe) but I have no idea how to draw a humanoid form (other than a stick with other sticks attached).

so just general stuff is what I'm looking for.

tiv
09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
well, its sort of hard to teach someone icl but i shall try. i would also recommend taking a life drawing class as that would help you a lot to learn proportions and so forth.

anyway, a stick will still help you in this instance but you shall have to look at a person to draw it. start with the spine as your central line. remember, all spines have a bit of curve to them or they look too...ridged and inhuman.

draw a loose circle or egg shape for the head. there should be two lines you place over it, one down the center, vertically, straight through the nose and the other through both eyes, horizontally, so you'll know where to place them.

then branch out, draw the shoulders and pelvic area with lines straight across for where the arms and legs would connect. the arms and legs can be loose lines in about the spots that you want them. DRAW LIGHTLY. these are guide lines and most of them will be erased by the time that the drawing is done. you can kink the arms at the elbows and the knees at the legs and so forth.

the hands can be circles and the feet can be sort of block shaped to get yourself started.

the rest of everything, the body and the arms can be sort of blocked in LIGHTLY with your pencil. use common shapes--tubes and so forth. the actual formation of the body will have to come from practice.

that's about as much as i'm going to type right now, if you have questions..erm..i'll try to explain a bit better.

AngryYoungMan
09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
ah thanks. actually, the point of his was so that I could scan some stuuf that I attempted to draw and post it here, then receive critique on how to better it, but my scanner's on the fritz

Ollie
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
no amount of tips and help from other artists can make youa brilliant artist, sadly v_v Only experience can do that. Something which i want more of...

you can find some great tutorials here :

http://bakaneko.com/howto_innerframe.htm
http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/
http://digitalpaintingtut.tripod.com/

and hurry up and fix your scanner.

AngryYoungMan
09-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Damn.
this is the best I did in the span of two days, th better of two drafts. And yes, I not only did it too lightly to see well, but he does not have hands, feet, or the wings I'm trying to add yet.

tiv
09-16-2004, 07:33 PM
sorry, my computer won't let me view it :/

AngryYoungMan
09-17-2004, 07:34 PM
neither will mine! ARRGH I HATE YOU EPSON SMARTPANEL!!!

Oh well..... now I have to work on that too......stupid crappy scanner......

AngryYoungMan
09-19-2004, 03:02 PM
OK then, on a related topic,
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY SCANNER STOP BEING SUCH A PRICK?!

Ollie
09-19-2004, 03:20 PM
do you have any idea on what the problem is? Do you get any messages when you try to use it?

Maybe you should call tech. support?