PDA

View Full Version : Thread About AnimeForum

Kaname Shikara
05-15-2015, 08:23 PM
How did you guys find this site? What do you like about this site?

I found it back in 2005 when I typed into Google "anime forum" I lurked for years and I loved the site so much that in 2009 I made an account. I made fast friends and I wrote tons of poetry. Some of which is good, and some of which is of course not good. We all have flops and such. Anyway, I miss the times I used to have on here with my friends and I miss writing all that poetry and reading all of your writing. Thank you for keeping me sane during those years AnimeForum, I love you.

Astral_Mage
05-15-2015, 08:28 PM
First of all, welcome back Kaname Shikara, we're glad to have you back *throws confetti* :)

Second of all, we are the same, I also found AF through Google & I've been here ever since, it's my home now :3

And lastly, hope you stay & make new friends, I'll see you around ;)

Kaname Shikara
05-15-2015, 08:31 PM
First of all, welcome back Kaname Shikara, we're glad to have you back *throws confetti* :)

Second of all, we are the same, I also found AF through Google & I've been here ever since, it's my home now :3

And lastly, hope you stay & make new friends, I'll see you around ;)

Thank you for the welcome back ^^ I'll try to become active again.

Metaphasic
05-15-2015, 08:41 PM
I found it this year, the same way you did; with a google search for "anime forum". ^^

So far, love the site and the people. Love anime in general. Also read a lot of manga.

Sympathy
05-16-2015, 12:44 AM
same here, googled "anime forum". i spend more time here than anywhere else on the net.

Lightfighter
05-16-2015, 01:32 AM
I fell into quite the anime kick a few months back and I figured I should find a forum for asking questions about release dates and for getting recommendations. As with many others, I simply googled, "anime forum" and found this one.

Now it is one of my regular checks on my computers and phone. It isn't incredibly active, but I like the regular posters. The diverse group of backgrounds is refreshing for me.

My busy season is going to kick off pretty soon here and I probably won't be posting as much.

Lately I have been stuck at a desk with not a whole lot to do and lots of internet. :D

Nesh
05-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Well actually I found it by accident. I don't remember what anime but I was typing for some info about its characters or story and clicked on the first search resoult and whoala I was here. I do remember though that I found it interesting reading a certain disscusion, but what mostly left an impact on me to sing up was seeing a signature and avatar set of a member here. I liked it so much that I searched the forum a bit and found some signature threads. At that time I wasn't familiar with forums at all, so when I signed up I started learning bit by bit about the rules, creating threads, posting etc. Before I know it I was hooked. I made a lot of friends and had a good time talking to them about animes which I enjoyed. I also started making signatures on Photoshop. Now all I could say I'm glad my curiosity brought me here. It's a great place to be. :)

Ranshiin
05-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Learned of this place from someone I used to know; a notorious troll (not Mavericker-level troll but still memorable) who told me how he believed the site was run by robots, and I registered out of curiosity.

Obviously since i'm now a mod, that must make me a robot too. Or, more likely, it turned out he was just very weird. I don't really watch anime that often anymore, though, but at the time I registered I was a big anime fan. Still kinda am, just don't have the time to want to sit around watching new stuff.

(( No, really, the reason is true. ))

Albear
05-16-2015, 11:59 PM
I clicked a look link to this site from anime galleries. Registered and been here since.. with this September marking my fifth year.
The anime topics and quirky people are the reasons I retained my stay.

RyuTama
05-17-2015, 07:13 AM
Well... to be honest I seem to remember signing up under a different name back in the mid-2000s. I found animelyrics.net first while looking up InuYasha lyrics, and just registered to the forum since they were connected sites. I don't think I ever posted or did anything with that account, I honestly can't even remember what the username was.

I 'rejoined' because I loved my first actual forum experience with THQ*ice while it was still up, and I needed some more of that sense of community after it went down I guess. Mainly, I wanted to officially try out my so-called Japanese skills by testing to be a lyrics transliterator for AL. I ended up really loving the forums though, after meeting so many awesome people right off the bat. And I also ended up getting a bit better with my Japanese, as well as discovering a lot of new anime and manga. Another thing is that this is the first (and so far only) site that I've publicly posted my creative writing on. This site has done a lot for me.

Anime Forum
05-25-2015, 06:29 AM
I joined a long time ago because I was looking for a place to discuss chinese cartoons with people. I didn't get that, but I've still met great people! What a 8+ years this has been.

Happyblossom
05-25-2015, 11:25 AM
I found this forum after I passed my test as translator on Animelyrics dot com. I clicked on the given link and I thought, "Oh awesome, I didn't know this kind of thing existed!" and well here I am.
It's really fun talking to different people about something we share the same interest on!

360 FistKick!
05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Animefourm came to my house and found me. O.o

someoneofforumpast
05-26-2015, 12:22 PM
I found AF through the space time continuam search feature. I am actually posting years in the future via Google :P

Confetti No Jutsu